[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a room be too clean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I was talking to one of my female friends this morning from college and she told me that when she first met me my dorm was "too clean" and it was kind of suspicious. Is that really a thing? "It looked like nobody lived there." My last girlfriend was pretty messy andwe didn't get along well when it came to the conditions of the apartment. I probably do a "deep clean" with actual sanitation once a month.

Now that I've graduated this is my first time living on my own so the 2 bedroom apartment is pretty clean too. I have decorations, plants, TVs, speakers, and furniture, so it's by no means barren. My mantra has simply been to put things back when I'm done with them.

If I bring a girl home from the bar, does being clean and organized really put off bad vibes??
>>
>>16593654
the bad vibes of overly clean spaces stem from the semblance that the space has been "staged" -- that it's not actually for whatever it seems to be for, but has just been done up to look that way

assuming you actually live in your apartment, it should look a little more natural than a sci-fi flick set
>>
WTF?!

Are you serious?

Being clean and organized is a huge point for you, it shows that you are mature and man enough to take care of your own place

Girls love that, all girls that i've brought to my place always compliment me about how clean my room is, if a girl put you down for being a clean man its because she is immature, fucked up in the head and she is looking for a fuccboi not a man.
>>
>>16593654
Breh, I've noticed that shit before as well. I keep my space clean as fuck because I like it that way: I like having pride in where I live, and it also just looks good. I grew up in a very disciplined household if that explains anything.

That being said, I've seen a lot of guys that weren't even that great in any way that were total slobs get plenty of ass...I think there's maybe something disarming about a messy room, even a pigstye.

I don't get it though.
>>
>>16593674
>put you down for being a clean man its because she is immature, fucked up in the head and she is looking for a fuccboi not a man
This. You don't want these kind of grils in your life.
>>
Yeah my apartment is clean as fuck. I dont get how people like living in a crowded apartment full of random shit they dont use.
>>
I think she used entirely the wrong word. A room can't be too clean per se. It can have a strong odor of chemicals or whatever, or the person living in it could be a neurotic germaphobe, but being clean in itself is not an issue.

What it sounds like she meant to say was that the room lacked the appearance of being "lived in." Showrooms at furniture galleries aren't barren either but they lack the subtle clues which tell us that someone actually occupies and uses that room. A few personal possessions laying around, things being less than ideally tidy for the sake of convenience, etc. A room can look good but also look functional. I suspect that's the character of the room which she found off-putting. Just because things can be put away or straightened up doesn't mean they have to be. It's a balance.
>>
Too clean usually means eerie. It's like a person who wears a smile all the time and has that fake personality.

The girl basically mean that it's weird for a guy, particularly one in college, to be super clean.
>>
>>16593659
Shut up. If someone likes their place clean then they should keep it that way. Who cares about some stupid bitch's worldview?

>Men are always too nice, too clean, too polite.
>>
>>16593654
never let your place get messier than you prefer because some stupid bitch can't cope with a spotless room. what do you do after you use something? you put it back. good for you anon, you're a grown up. she's obviously not.
>>
>>16594387
>Men are always too nice, too clean, too polite.
There's both men and women who put down men for those things.
A guy is nice, and guys tell him that makes him weak and a woman. Women are told they're dating weak men.
Women are told to be strong and stand up for themselves, but that doing so makes them feminists.
As both genders try to relate to each other, some focus on similarities, some differences, some both. Some people like to say the differences make one better than the other. Except none of us could be here or experience things without the other. So all it really does is drive people apart. To say one gender or the other caused it is to believe one existed before the other did. Or some powerful force outside of us changed the dynamic.

Either we have free will and everyone is responsible, or we don't have free will and no one can change things.
>>
She probably meant that it was too clean because she's used to seeing guys rooms that are the exact opposite. Keep it up
>>
>>16594412
>you're a grown up. she's obviously not.
+1
>>
She's just a slob, I would have been highly impressed
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.