[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this? Really, though. I am starting a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (34KB, 1022x460px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
34KB, 1022x460px
What did he mean by this?

Really, though. I am starting a new job in 2016, and I've only told my close coworkers. I never told the management (this is a very small company btw). How did they find out? Is this a soft request for me to quit? How should I reply? Nothing can make me stay, but I don't want to jeopardize the work environment before I leave.
>>
it's a regular request to know if you are putting in your two weeks so they can hire an additional person or if you're staying. stop blowing shit out of proportion.
>>
That is a legit question. They want to know if they need to hire another person.

It's up to you, either let him know you're quitting in hopes you do get the new job or stabbing him in the back.
>>
>>16593221
It means someone ratted and management is trying to find out if the rumors are true.
Respond as you like.
>>
>>16593221
>I've only told my close coworkers
Word has gotten out. People talk, and your boss found out.

If you say no, you're going to get replaced whether you find a new job or not. If you say yes and then find a new job, you're going to come across as rude or dishonest to your current place of employment and are burning that particular bridge.

In the future, don't discuss plans of new employment with anyone until you sign your new contract. Then, and only then, you should give your two weeks notice.
>>
>>16593221
>I've only told my close coworkers

Are you really this stupid?
You may as well have gotten a megaphone and announced it at the weekly meeting.
I once warned a coworker that a male worker was going to file a sexual harassment complaint against her.
She went and told her boss.
And then I got called on the carpet for telling her this.
I will never again help a fellow worker.
>>
Whoever runs this company sounds like douche. The "To" field looks small, they only sent it to you?
>>
>>16593253
I'm taking this job off my resume. It has nothing to do with my aspirations, and the new job is actually relevant to what I want to do.

>>16593253
What makes you think they'd wanna replace me anyways?

>>16593283
Yes. And they sent it to one other person in the office who is getting a new job. But they added a line saying they hope she can stay.
>>
>>16593344
Don't take the job off, this isn't personal. They're seriously into a phase where they're looking for new people and probably trying to condense it because hiring is a pain in the ass. If you're on good terms with them, tell them straight up. If not, keep your mouth shut. Let this be a lesson to keep your mouth shut until you're ready for things to happen.
>>
>>16593382
Thanks Anon. I'm taking it off because I'm unsure if they'd give me a good reference. Even without it, I won't have an employment gap. And it is, like I said, completely irrelevant to what I want to do with my life.
>>
>>16593398
It's a job, which shows you have experience working.
It sounds like this place maybe doesn't like your work. In that case, I probably wouldn't tell. I wouldn't go all willy nilly in telling them you're staying, but tell them you are because if you say nothing, that sends a message too.
>>
>>16593420
I've only been at this hellhole for three months, and I have other experience that fill up my resume.
>>
>>16593221
You're not particularly supposed to tell people that this is just a gateway job, you're supposed to imply that you're dedicated. Companies want long-term workers - nobody wants to go through the hire/fire process constantly. This is why they are asking ahead of time.

Also, don't tell your coworkers secrets or anything like this. They will tell everyone, especially your boss, and especially if they're women.

You paranoid little shit.
>>
Loose lips sink ships. Your co-workers are not your friends. Don't shit where you eat (or work).

Your fault for blabbing your fucking mouth. Two week notice isn't even legally necessary in most places either. You work the job until you don't, and then you quit.
>>
>>16594913
They told me at the interview that the job isn't a career, but they do want people who'll stay a few years. I gave them an answer that implied I wanted to stay for at least a few years.

>>16595196
Definitely learned my lesson to never trust coworkers
>>
>>16595257

Also, don't worry about the reference. I've worked in HR and basically we just confirm that you worked there, salary (if we can), dates, etc.

We don't really care for praise or non-praise either way, and usually you aren't even speaking to people who personally know you. I might talk to your company's HR person, and they may or may not have any idea who you were, except what is on file.

Same reason I take references with a grain of salt, because I fabricated all of mine to get the damn job. Why I was so good at what I did. I knew all of the tricks of the trade
>>
File: 0.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>16593266
>I will never again help a fellow worker.
That's the spirit, anon. That's the attitude of somebody who will go far.
>>
>>16593221
You cannot trust co-workers, stupid
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.