[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ArcadeFireFuneralCover.jpg (36KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
ArcadeFireFuneralCover.jpg
36KB, 300x272px
When do you lie?
Why do you lie?
When do you prefer to keep some secrets to yourself, and not to tell?
>>
>>16592432
What is your lie?
>>
>>16592432
Funeral is their best album.
>>
>>16592472
You are goddamn right. :)
>>
I'm very afraid
that is why i lie
>>
I used to lie loads when I was a child, now I pretty much stopped. With great power comes great responsibility.

Also keeping secrets to yourself is not lying.
>>
>>16592432
Well my lie is getting high and going to school so I won't be a jackass towards her
>>
I lie constantly to seem cooler.

I don't consider them lies, though. Being your best self isn't a scam.
>>
I lie to myself when I'm fighting my mind to stop having a crush on someone 8 years younger then me
>>
Avoid difficult and unwanted discussion, shame, or maintaining/creating image. My most important reasons.
>>
>>16592432
>When do you lie?
Everyday as soon as I wake up.
>Why do you lie?
I do it so I can get through another day and seem normal do people.
>When do you prefer to keep some secrets to yourself, and not to tell?
I prefer to always keep secrets to myself, that's why they're called secrets.
>>
I usually only lie when it really does not matter (like when you're filling out an application or a survey and one of the questions requires an answer) or when lying can deter or prevent an immediate threat or danger. Sometimes I 'misspeak' on the spot and accidentally say something not entirely true but basically true (hyperbole or small details)

I used to find it acceptable to lie to someone if you felt it necessary to test whether or not they would tell other people. For example, telling someone some stupid story or bullshit, and waiting to see if anyone else would bring it up. If so, you know not to trust that person with anything serious. If not, then maybe they didn't. If that makes sense.
>>
I lie to myself every day (and I recommend the practice of positive self-deception!).

I lie to others mostly to protect their feelings or to avoid conflicts; never to get something that I want from them - it's purely a social smoothing-over tactic.

Deeply embarrassing things get kept to myself, but that's more or less it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.