[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posted this on /an/ but that board is a bit slower than this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: my other dog.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
my other dog.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
Posted this on /an/ but that board is a bit slower than this one.

My Bolognese is making strange little gurgling sounds in her throat and sticking her tongue out at a certain pace. It seems like hiccups, but I want to be sure. She ate some peanut butter and a tiny piece of a treat and swallowed both without a problem, but she won't drink water, won't do even simple tricks for more treats, and is currently just lying down in a corner (she was sitting all hunched up before).

It's a little late so no vets are open right now. /an/ advice?
>>
Yeah, peanut butter isn't a good thing to feed your dog, much like dry bread and other things, it can stick to their air passage and make them suffocate! It will most likely melt on its own, but it can take a while and you should watch her to make sure she keeps breathing. Do not fall asleep until you're sure she's breathing fine again.
>>
>>16591524
She started doing this before the peanut butter though, and I only gave her a lick to see if she still had an appetite. Do plan to stay up though.
>>
>>16591527
So its possible she might have swallowed an actual object? You will need to take her to the vet first thing in the morning, I'm afraid. Even if she does manage to breathe normal again, you might need to check the stomach.
>>
Don't mess around with this. Take her to the vet. I realize shit is expensive, but are there any emergency animal clinics in your area? They do exist.

There's no worse feeling than having your buddy suffer & possibly die and knowing you could have prevented it.
>>
Update: She's stopped making noises, isn't "hiccuping" anymore, and she's just lying down right now. She seems super sleepy, so I can't really tell how she FEELS, but she seems to be doing ok. I'll call the vet in the morning.
>>
>>16591582
Perhaps you could touch along her neck and throughout her belly to see if you sense any protruding object?
>>
>>16591572
This. My cat had an eye infection and it ruptured one night and we took her to a pet emergency place. I was like 7 at the time but I know they surgically removed her eye and stitched it up and gave us pain meds.. And I know we didn't have vet insurance and my family wasn't exactly that well off financially.
>>
>>16591587
Nothing out of the ordinary there. As I was putting her to bed, she randomly stuck out her tongue and sort of coughed once.
>>
Does her belly look bloated and feel firm?
>>
That's not a Bolognese.
>>
>>16591659
No to both

>>16591663
>filename
>>
>>16591676
I think you're probably fine, then. A good indicator of health is the color of your dog's lips and gums. If they're pink and healthy, the dog is fine, if they're really dark/purple, they might be oxygen deprived, if they're very pale looking it might be a problem with circulation, etc.

Just wait on it overnight. Maybe wake up every few hours to check on her.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.