[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a very progressive person, I am a lesbian and my girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I am a very progressive person, I am a lesbian and my girlfriend is... not as progressive, to the point where its embarrassing to be with her when we're in public or hanging out with my friends. I love her so much, and shes sweet in every other aspect, except at times shes like a giant child and has such childish views and opinions. I have tried to educate her, but she is very resistant... claiming my new friends are turning me into a "Machiavellian Tyrant"... what do I do?
>>
>>16591180
>claiming my new friends are turning me into a "Machiavellian Tyrant"

Well considering you're tryin' to forcibly manipulate her into sharing you're opinions, that sounds like a perfectly accurate description.

Live and let live.
I love it when people claim "progressiveness" but can't adhere to that one simple mantra.
>>
>>16591195
She has a lot of toxic ideals and behaviors. When she talks with her friends she uses the N word frequently. She also uses the word Faggot and the Phrase Sheenee Curse, its grating.

Last date we went on she said "Let's get some Chinaman food" it was gratingly offensive.
>>
>>16591180
>I'm so fucking progressive
>share my views or you're a fucking bigot
Kill yourself senpai.
>>
>>16591180

It's not your job to police another person's opinions, and it's not reasonable to demand consensus in casual conversations about social/political issues. This is why they say it's a bad idea to bring politics into a relationship. It's unlikely that you'll change her mind, unfair that you'd ask her to change her mind, and it really wouldn't be an issue if you didn't choose to argue about it.

Honestly, you sound like you're brainwashed, and she's probably right that your new friends are a bad influence. Especially if this has only recently become a source of conflict between you two.

You call yourself "progressive," but do you actually DO anything productively progressive, with real impact on other people? Or is it all just about the opinions you express in conversation? If it's the latter, then this shit is just small talk. Don't delude yourself into thinking it's more important than it is.
>>
>>16591207
She is kind of a Bigot though.
>>
>>16591229
I have helped petition for more inclusive clubs at the junior college I go to. I have helped petition the school to take down offensive art in the student gallery.

Speaking of Art my girlfriend is a digital artist and she draws very sexualized art that objectifies women... I try to be supportive but when my friends see her art they go on and on how crazy it is I don't do anything about it, but I am patient with her, I figure she'll take down the offensive art once she realizes it hurts people.
>>
>being this much of a censorious shill
>>
>>16591267

>I have helped petition the school to take down offensive art in the student gallery.

Uggghhhhhhh. You are part of the problem, not part of the solution. You have no idea what the word "progressive" means. You are just a brainwashed, closed-minded sheep. 20 years ago, you would've been an outspoken homophobe. 30 years before that, you would've been pro-segregation. You don't think, you just aim at easy, socially acceptable targets because it makes you feel good about yourself.
>>
>>16591267

Wow. If I were your girlfriend, I would leave you. You are just ass-backwards.
>>
File: 1376882022452.png (149KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1376882022452.png
149KB, 625x626px
Guys this is obviously bait. There are not 'progressive' people on 4chan.

>won't say nigger
>uses the words 'progressive', 'bigot', 'toxic', 'objectifies women'
>only examples of being progressive is some fucking petitions

Come on guys.
>>
>>16591204
>She has a lot of toxic ideals and behaviors.

Make like Orwell and call it "bad think". 1984 amnyone?

Funnily enough, a book that was once used against right wing ideals of capitalism and shit is now literally, literally a perfect example of the left wing.

I'm not into either really, they both have their ups and downs. I just don't like the dogmatism of you "progressives".
Any-time I get told I'm either with you or against you, I always side against. Fuck your ultimatums.

>Last date we went on she said "Let's get some Chinaman food" it was gratingly offensive.

To you, a probably white lesbian.
Others would find it funny. Hell, I did. There are probably some Asian's who found it funny too.

Sure, some would have also found it offensive. But, no group of people collectively agrees on anything. In fact, by acting like the entire race would find it offensive, is kinda racist.
Are you racist OP? Is that it? Do you think they are all little daffodil flowers and we should be very delicate with them?

See, how easy it is to turn things around. In you're world, what you did just now could be perceived as "racism" and "toxic". You wouldn't be ALLOWED to have your own damned opinion.

It'd be "hate speech".

Live and let live, because the alternative is kill or be killed. When you won't let others live for themselves, they tend to fight back.
>>
>>16591267
Honey progressive is the wrong word. That's not progressive. Literally look up the definition and read your reply.
>>
>>16591267

Protip: Throughout history, people who advocate censorship and try to silence their dissenters, very rarely come out looking like "good guys" in the end. But at the time, they're always just so fucking sure that they're the good guys.
>>
>you fuckers don't share my values
>agree with me or you're raping me
>die cis scum
So tolerant xd
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.