[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about attention deficit disorder? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (75KB, 455x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 455x452px
What do you guys think about attention deficit disorder? Is it real or made up? I was diagnosed at 10, put on meds decided to stop taking them at18. Almost 30 and frustrated that I still struggle with the same issues. What does 4chan think, should I go back on them?
>>
Real, but overdiagnosed (though not as much as it used to be).
>>
>>16590373

This. And I think it's usually a bad idea to diagnose & medicate young children, unless they're really a danger to themselves and others. A 10-year-old's brain is still developing, and the symptoms of something like ADD are too broad and open to interpretation to be accurately identified in a young child
>>
>>16590332
If it helps you then you should.
>>
>>16590332
former teacherfag,

it's real, but parents/doctors overdiagnose the fuck out of it. gotta keep kids busy, get them out of their chairs and doing shit to put their energy to good use.

some kids have it and need meds. I've seen kids that can't focus even in their free time. they are the ones that need the meds and help
>>
>>16590481
Op here, that's totally me. I can't even watch a movie or reading a book I'm interested in without it inspiring thoughts of 30 unrelated things. Everything I do is scattered and disorganized
>>
>>16590532

Did the meds help you with that, in the past? It's your choice man.
>>
>>16590536
My experience from adolescence was that they make me focused on whatever I wanted to focus on, which was something other than schoolwork more often than not. But I think as an independent adult they'll be more helpful since I have the desire to tackle these things myself more. My only concern is personality change, I really learned much better social skills after HS once I was off the meds, concerned they might diminish the outgoing joking aspect of my personality too much
>>
>>16590926

Nah, a lot of that is just a matter of growing up, maturing, learning from experience. The meds aren't going to erase your memories or cancel out the things you've learned.

There are several options available to you, so if you try something that has bad side effects for you, you can stop taking it and seek other options. It's all about what works for YOU and makes your symptoms feel manageable enough to get on with your life.
>>
>>16590957
You're right, I guess also what I'm basing it off is that sometimes I'd study with adderall in college and it'd make me a zombie. But that was my reaction to being on it for 12-24 hours, probably different than long term effect.
>>
Thanks everyone, I feel better now, going to a psych consultation in two days
>>
Anons... I think I have ADHD.

I don't take medications, but here are the observations about my own behavior that have left me believing this.

-have lots of trouble concentrating sometimes
-slow on assignments if i don't do my very best to focus
-sporadic mental state / thought process
-extreme emotional sensations [these may be linked to something like manic-depressive disorder]
-have obsessive habits i use to divert energy
-insomniac
-reflexes that surprise me in many situations

those are most of them. i haven't visited anybody to reflect on these symptoms
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.