[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mom Banned Me From MLP!!!!!!!!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

So, my mom says I need to stop watching MLP and to start acting my age (31).

Apparently 4 days before Christmas is the time to tell me to start looking for work and to stop being a child.

I tried explaining that the show might look like a kids show but it is really meant for adults but she wouldn't listen. It was embarrassing for her to look at my Christmas wants list and see a bunch of MLP toys listed and more embarrassing again for her to go into the girl section to buy them.

What should I do? Any body out there have any convincing arguments I can use to make her understand that I'm not a retarded 6 year old girl?
>>
Bump! I need help!
>>
Introduce her to MLP appreciation threads on /b/ or at least tell her you will get a job by 40.
>>
>>16588243
it's okay for her to want you to start working but banning you from MLP? that's bullshit. i just went and bought these little ninja figures from a coin dispenser the other day cause i had one as a kid. why? because it was awesome but i lost it. plus i haven't used my imagination in so long it's depressing and insulting. imaginary and creative battles will ensue, and my age doesn't matter. anything that brings out the kid inside you is something worth holding onto for life. you don't want to lose the child in yourself because it's the most wonderful part about you. and if MLP brings that out in you, it's more important than anything else
>>
Ask parents for standard age-appropriate things

Buy questionable hobby-related things with your own money

Also, get a job
>>
>>16588243
>posts ponies on a non mlp board
have fun being banned from 4chan
>>
File: this is bait.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
this is bait.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>16588243
>>
File: 7ba.png (126KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
7ba.png
126KB, 500x320px
>>16588243
> start looking for work
> stop being a child
Sounds like convincing arguments to me.

Have you tried getting a fucking job and moving out of your mom's house? Jesus, by 31 it's time to stop being a NEET.
>>
why do people even like my little pony??? it is a show for 6 year old girls
>>
>>16588243
find a job
>>
I have no idea about the fandom but I saw MLP marathon once as a 18 y/o it was pretty entertaining for a cartoon. As good as Adventure Time
>>
>>16588243
>31 years old
>living at home
>under mother's control
>watches kids' cartoons
>collects toys
>doesn't want to get a job
>whines to 4chan

Is it really worth commenting on that list?
>>
just get a job OP
even crappy temp stuff should be enough to keep your mom off your back
as a bonus you may earn some gbp then you can have tendies
>>
Dont be a faghot and wish for MLP items, get a job and buy them yourself and keep it a fucking thing to yourself, your 31 be a adult
>>
I'd like to summon Barneyfag
>>
>>16588243
>What should I do? Any body out there have any convincing arguments I can use to make her understand that I'm not a retarded 6 year old girl?

Maybe stop acting like a retarded 6 year old girl.

Put your pants on and enter the real world.

If you don't want your mother telling you what to do then don't live with your fucking mother at age 31.
>>
>>16588243
Look at it this way: if you get a job, you can build a savings to eventually get your own place where you'll have the freedom to watch that shit
Also, you have to accept that something is inevitably going to happen to your mom and unless you're in a position where you can be independent both financially and in terms of knowing how to handle responsibilities, you're going to be fucked when it goes down, even if you get an inheritance you'll just end up pissing it away because of how immature you are right now
That's pretty fucked if this isn't bait, you have a lot of shit to sort out
>>
>>16588243
>Any body out there have any convincing arguments I can use to make her understand that I'm not a retarded 6 year old girl?
Not if you are interested in only one thing, we don't. If your interest were different, it might or might not take the 'girl' out of that description, but the rest would stand regardless of what your one interest was.

You need more interests, bro. You don't have to give up MLP, but healthy adults do many things.
>>
Dude's still givin his parents a Christmas wish list at 31. Giving up mlp is probably just what she considers baby steps to maturing. Honestly though, it's way too late to try and parent you. If you're fine with who you are, and are proud to say "I am the result of my parents' efforts, they raised me to be the man I am today", then hey, fuckem, she's still buyin you the mad pink shit you want anyway. Or if not, give that shit up for a bit. OR better yet, demonstrate your willingness to mature in other ways, that is, look after yourself more, contribute to the household, etc, all the while keeping your pony shit strong.
I think it has less to do with mlp and more to do with her wanting you to grow up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.