[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, how can I move to New York City? I've lived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Brooklyn-Bridge-1.jpg (1MB, 3150x1575px) Image search: [Google]
Brooklyn-Bridge-1.jpg
1MB, 3150x1575px
Hey /adv/, how can I move to New York City?

I've lived in Austin for a while and think it's time to change things up.

To be honest, I'm scared to just do it. I don't know where to move, or even how to find an apartment and a roommate.

my question is, where do I start? How much money would I need to make to rent a cheap apartment? What about with a roommate? What would be the best part of the city to move as a 27 yo male looking to socialize with others his age?

Also, anyone from New York have any experiences, advice, or warnings?

Anything would be appreciated. Pic related
>>
Keep it up asshole.
We will just report all of your threads.
>>
>>16587094
...what?
>>
>>16587068
>NYC
>Cheap apartment

Probably 100k / yr, maybe 120 to be comfortable

If you consider Brooklyn to be NYC, check out Bay Ridge, it's hella cheap
>>
>>16587110
Brooklyn was what I had in mind, to be honest.
>>
>>16587114
That's gucci dawg. Yeah my sister lives in Bay Ridge and she's paying 500 / mo with utilities while living with 2 other people so there's an exact figure for you

It's like an hour to get to midtown on the subway

What are you doing for a living right now? Got any hobbies?
>>
>>16587129
500/mo is what I pay in Austin w/ a roommate, that's actually way better than I expected.

Midtown being that far kind of sucks, but how is Brooklyn itself, culturally?

Right now I'm a bartender, but once I finish up my bachelor's degree in Journalism next year, that's the field I would like to get into. Possibly radio talk.

I figure I could bartend somewhere if I can't find a job with my degree immediately.
>>
>>16587098
Don't play stupid. You spam /adv/ and /biz/ with this exact thread multiple times a week.
>>
>>16587163
Not me, sorry pal.
>>
>>16587169
Really. REALLY.
You want to move to Brooklyn, right?
Your a 27 yo white male.
You don't mind living in a black neighborhood but you don't want to go on welfare.
SOUND FAMILIAR?
>>
>>16587193
Everything up until the last line about the black neighborhood part.

I'll live anywhere as long as it's cheap enough I guess.

Like literally this is a coincidence
>>
>>16587210
Literally you are a lying idiot.
>>
>>16587255
Stop whining, a lot of threads are asking for similar advice doesn't mean they're all by the same person, even if some of them might be. Honestly I don't think it's too uncommon for people to want this kind of advice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.