[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it stupid to buy a refurbished phone? I can't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is it stupid to buy a refurbished phone? I can't really afford contract plans and I just want an old iPhone. I can either get a 4 for like $70 or a refurbished 5c for like 230 that will way my entire Christmas budget
>>
>>16586162
yeah and then enjoy your lag and having your battery die in 3 months. get something like a lumia 535 at that price point and enjoy having a decent new phone without blowing all of your money on an overpriced toy that is pretty much dead on arrival.
>>
don't use your whole budget to get a sad Iphone, get a cheap android, like that high spec blu. and save for a nice happy iphone7 in the fall.
>>16586173
>windows phone
get the fuck out.
>>
>>16586205
>>16586173
I need an iPhone for social status

Its the same reason why I buy Jordan's and Ralph Lauren I pay money for status
>>
>>16586208
a 4 or a 5C aren't going to do shit for your status. Somebody recently gave me shit for still having a 5s.
>>
No, but that's the only reasonable part about your post.

>iPhone for status
That's pretty pathetic.

>iPhone 4 for status
There's nothing 'status' about a 2-3 generation old phone.

>[wipe] my entire Christmas budget
There's also nothing 'status' about having so little money that an outdated phone wipes you clean. Having it won't matter when you have no money and can't show it off.

I'm not trying to put you down for wanting to be showy. I'm putting you down for sucking at being showy. You're trying to run in circles that are way better off than you. You don't realize that they can see right through that. Trust me, they can tell that you're poor. You're not going to be part of the in-crowd when you bust out an iPhone 4. Stop running yourself ragged for the attention of people whose approval you STILL won't earn. What, you really think some girl's attention to detail is going to stop at the phone? You don't think she's going to realize the show once you pick her up in a junky car (or no car!) and take her out to Taco Bell? Give it a rest son. Use that money to buy some business casual clothing and get an extra job or two. Hustle.
>>
>>16586162
Just a heads up for you, refurbished phones don't have anything to indicate to what extent they have been fixed, how many times they have been "refurbished" or how faulty they are.
I've worked in places that would get a faulty phone/laptop back, charge it and put it in a box labelled "refurbished".

If you don't need a phone then get a refurb and don't get upset when it stops working, otherwise get a shitty new one.
>>
>>16586208
>I need an iPhone for social status
need? will everyone abandon you if you don't have an iphone?
>Its the same reason why I buy Jordan's and Ralph Lauren I pay money for status
Are you black and living in a ghetto?
Stop pissing money on silly things, save some cash up and study in your evenings/spare time, then you won't need to worry about not having money.
>>
>>16586220
I'm from the hood though no one expects me to have flashy shit
>>
>>16586235
I was on the sidewalk in front of literal projects. there is an enormous distance between flashy and having one of the tiny old iphones and a bunch of nice phones in between them.
>>
https://vine.co/v/hZBq7QpD2O6
that's you.
>>
>>16586205
enjoy your lag and lack of updates you fucking faggot :^)
>>
>>16586208
I hope you're trolling or not OP. an old iPhone will give you zero status not to mention being a shitty fucking product unless you live in india or something like that. either buy a cheap lumia or enjoy your shitty phone (and zero social status)
>>
>>16586162

I needed another phone for app development. I got refurbished and saved $100. It was scratched up and had a bunch of shit pre-installed on it. I thought they would wipe it but had to do it myself.

>>16586568

>updates
>on phone
>important

u wut
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.