[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

things you can do/learn in a month.Stuff you can learn to impress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: title.jpg (53KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
title.jpg
53KB, 1024x640px
things you can do/learn in a month.Stuff you can learn to impress others.Stuff i can learn to be like sherlock or some other wise ass character.
eg.speed reading,learning to memorise stuff quickly(would like tips on these).
Basically anything and everything u wish u had learned when u had time.
>>
>>16585369
>be like sherlock
are you a 13-year-old cumberbitch or what
>>
Obsessively try to insert new vocabulary into your speech and invert your sentences.
Intelligent people will see you as an idiot though.
>>
>>16585369
>sherlock
>wise
Pick one.
>Stuff you can learn to impress others
Wrong motivation IMO.
>eg.speed reading,learning to memorise stuff quickly(would like tips on these).
https://www.google.com
>Basically anything and everything u wish u had learned when u had time.
Pick one and apply yourself.
>>
>>16585384
>>16585376
>>16585388
why da fuq doesnt anyone add something productive?
its like everyone is full of hate
>>
looks like someone's feeling guilty for skipping school
>>
post only serious replies or fuck off
>>
File: shersuck.png (223KB, 915x933px) Image search: [Google]
shersuck.png
223KB, 915x933px
>>16585400
Not all harsh words are said out of malice.

To be productive it helps to eliminate counterproductive ways of thinking, like your idea that you can exert minimal effort and have people tell you how to become (or at least appear to be) a genius in a month, or that this show is smart.
>>
>>16585400
because you write like a kid
>>
>>16585426
ok. the point is i got a month off and i dont wana waste it, it has happened before and down the line i go "damn wish i had learnd this during the holiday".I do not want it to happen again.I am here asking for things that people have felt the same way about and advice on that particular stuff.
>>
>>16585428
need help reading ?
>>
>>16585400
No. We're trying to tell you to grow up in a polite way so you don't throw a hissy fit.
>>
>>16585449
thank you for your concern gentleman.Have anything to add thread related ?
>>
>>16585472
omg you must feel so good about yourself now
>>
>>16585480
Not really. I don't help people in order to feel good. I just do it because it's nice to be nice.
>>
FFFFFFAAAAAAAGGGGGG.
>>
>>16585369
I feel compelled to answer your question solely on the reason that 'pic related' is my current mobile background and not because I think you'll be capable of achieving what you're asking. And to think you'll be able to do so within a months time is absurd seeing as your original post is a direct indicator of your level of intelligence.

First, if you wish to be like Sherlock (which, again, you are not capable if achieving but revenons à nos mutons), then study grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary in every language you have even the slightest interest in; but especially English, French, and Latin. This is best accomplished through reading books. With this method you'll have a two-fold advantage of learning new information as well as the language it's written in.

Secondly, read books that allow you to gain insight into his way of reasoning. You'd be best to begin with the actual Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Then books on deductive reasoning and critical thinking skills. Pick up books on cryptography, steganography, and stenography.

And third, you must practice utilizing the techniques. That means that to see us not enough(you must observe!), acquire an arch-nemesis, and develop a drug problem.

The thought of practising grammar alone should be enough to deter you from your ludicrous endeavour..
>>
>>16585659
Your reply is much appreciated.
I agree 1 month is not enough but it is a start none the less.Do you recommend any book/s on deductive reasoning and critical thinking ?
Do you intend to try your hands at developing these skills ?
What do u think is the reason for poor response to this thread ?(response was poor even before my "hissy fit")
>>
>>16585400
Why da fuq doesnt anyone add something productive?

Two reasons. First, because you've given us a time frame of only a month. You can't learn something to a level that's going to impress people in only a month. With the possible exceptkon of lifehacks, everything just plain takes longer than that.

Second, becaise you're only doing this to impress people. This is the wrong attitude. If you want to git gud at something, do it for yourself.

If you really want to be like Sherlock, read up on the method of loci. The BBC takes some liberties with how Sherlock's "mind palace" is presented, but the basic technique is real.
>>
>>16585369
You can (start) to learn how to be an adult.
>>
>>16585672
>Your reply is much appreciated.
>Do you recommend any book/s on deductive reasoning and critical thinking ?
Heh, that was my best Sherlock impression. Not really. Just read a bunch of everything. Philosophy, military strategy, there's one book by Kevin Mitnick that offers some interesting insight.

>Do you intend to try your hands at developing these skills ?
Honey, I started developing those skills long before I knew who Sherlock was. I was drawn to the character in the books first because of the similarities. It's served me well, but you must also learn through experience. See answer below.

>What do u think is the reason for poor response to this thread ?(response was poor even before my "hissy fit")
BBC Sherlock would be too "in your face" irl. Doyle's Sherlock is Lazarus Long's 'competent man'. Essentially a Mary Sue. Nobody likes those types because people who aim to be like them are often condescending and supercilious types who are deluding themselves because of some underlying issues, and they're usually just looking to show off(like your OP). If you are truly intrigued by the character and want to think like Sherlock, don't act like him, be comfortable as yourself, and hide your power level.

Also, method of loci is easy and cool as shit. Mine is a grotto. Fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>16585675
Yes, one month is not enough.I have a solid month to start working on it now.I will continue working on it however wont be able to give it all my time.
Have you actually used method of loci ? Is it an efficient method ? how long does it take to remember a specific quantity of information ?
>>
>>16585766
not remember....memorise
>>
>>16585732
Is it an efficient method ? how long does it take to memorise a specific quantity of information ?
Have u applied your skills ? would u be willing give the best example of real life applications of your skills ?
>>
Completely worthless outside of impressing people, learning some basic impromptu magic tricks is a good starter. The basic ones can usually be mastered in a few days
>>
Speed reading is incredibly easy to learn though, look up a tutorial but essentially you only need to read the first sentence in a paragraph/book page and afterwards the 1-3 words at the left and right of the page. Your mind fills up the gaps. Though it takes some practice to get used to but you will understand what the page is about and you can read a page in like thirty seconds. I've done this a thousand times for school readings but I remember it was a bit hard at first but the more you do it the easier it gets.
>>
>>16585777
> Is it an efficient method ? how long does it take to memorise a specific quantity of information ?
It takes as long as you take to perfect your own method. I'm a synesthete and my method relies on additional sensations. Rote might be easier for whatever you're looking to accomplish. Why are you trying to be like Sherlock anyway and why do you only have a month to do it and impress somebody?

>Have u applied your skills ? would u be willing give the best example of real life applications of your skills ?
Immersing yourself in knowledge is just all around helpful. I can't explain it, I just embody what I learn and apply it accordingly. Appropriate language skills are pretty important in any situation. It's impressive when you can write in shorthand or detect Morse code in movies or songs, can do a crossword to completion because you know Latin and even though English is Germanic most roots are Latin. You have an intuition about people an things when you develop a certain level of insight. Just don't stop absorbing knowledge from wherever you can get it.

The best example I can offer of all these things being applied in my life was when I couldn't afford a lawyer and represented myself at a hearing. The night before the hearing I skimmed through documents, selectively remembering key points and etiquette, also anticipating what the plaintiff's counsel would say without having ever met them. At the hearing I was able to tell what reactions and answers they were angling for based on how their questions were worded. I went head to head with a seasoned criminal justice attorney and impressed the pants off the judge. The verdict was in my favor when it easily should have gone to the plaintiff, and I had had no legal experience before that.

So, for whatever that's worth to you.
>>
>>16585843
>Why are you trying to be like Sherlock anyway
because i was intrigued by him and wish to try my hands at replicating his skills in real life.
>why do you only have a month to do it and impress somebody?
I have month of free time.I agree a month is not enough and i would continue developing skills but i want to start with a short term goal based on the initial results produced at the end of the month I will determine if I am to spend additional time.
>>
>>16585886
>because i was intrigued by him and wish to try my hands at replicating his skills in real life.
Be honest. You think you'll pull pussy like a Cumberbitch.
>>
>>16585898
>Be honest. You think you'll pull pussy like a Cumberbitch.
Not interested in sex.Not interested in people unless they can be of use.
>>
>>16585906
>Not interested in sex.Not interested in people unless they can be of use.
Then why are you trying to impress them, genius??

Your home is this way >>>/r9k/
Try not to cut yourself on your own edge on the way out
>>
>>16585959
i did say i am interested in people that are of use to me.
>>
>>16586002
The problem is you're clearly of no use to anyone.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.