[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My older sister is dating a junky, he just got out of jail. He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1433738660160.gif (498KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1433738660160.gif
498KB, 500x281px
My older sister is dating a junky, he just got out of jail. He's clean now but it's just a matter of time till he fucks up again. They also have a child together with another on the way, they're not splitting up anytime soon. I personally don't want a bar of him. My family still get along with my sister, but have pretty much wiped her bf. How do I let her know that I don't want to know her bf/see him when she texts me to catch up?
>>
I don't know how I should come off when I first see him, if I should be cold and straight up "I'm not your friend, I'm (just hear for my sister)" or to just be normal while also distant. I want to let him know that we're not cool. I know if I go around there he'll talk to me like a friend and I don't know how to respond. We got along fine before he showed us all his real colours and eventually went to jail.
>>
>>16585368
Be hones and upfront. Tell her in no uncertain terms that you care for her and that you DGAF about him.
>>
>>16585396
Yeah, she'll reply that they have a child together and he'll always be in her life in one way or another. I know this, if I act like a cunt to him to him straight up it will just be awkward as fuck.
>>
>>16585401
Give him the cold shoulder treatment. Be polite but very short in your interaction with him. Either he'll understand or she'll figure it out and tell him after you leave.
>>
>>16585407
I'm getting pretty anxious about this desu
>>
>>16585401

Be honest and straightforward with him/her.

Tell her this >>16585396

But also respond to him and say what you feel about him in a respectful manner, IE: honestly, i do not think you are a good match for my sister because you have been a junkie in the past, have been in jail, and knocked her up twice out of wedlock showing an inability to plan for the future or care for yourself or her well being.

Now this may change, but as of right now I do not want you in my life. Things may change, and you may become a better man and I may want to accept you once you have proven yourself but for right now stay out of my life.

They are both adults and they can make their own shitty/good decisions by themselves. Now, you can provide good counsel and manipulate the situation to ensure compliance but ultimately their decisions are their own. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
>>
>>16585422
I'm not good at talking to people ;_;
>>
>>16585416
Either do it or don't. Make a choice and stick with it and bear the consequences. That's called being a grownup.
>>
>>16585431

then fix that shit and say >>16585422
>>
>>16585422
>knocked her up twice out of wedlock
>out of wedlock

That's pretty gay.
>>
>>16585451
Well that's the only sin religious people care about. You know, except when they're the ones involved.
>>
Tell her this:
"Sister, while I love you and care about you very much, I do not wish to pursue a friendship with your boyfriend. I understand if you can't respect that, but I just thought that I'd let you know that I will not be interacting with him."
If she hits you with the "But just give him a chance!" card, then let her know that you will give him a chance once he's proved himself worthy of one. He's been locked up. This dude needs some therapy and rehab.
If he successfully goes through with his treatments, then hey, you might have a potential friendship with this guy, but until then, stay away from him and set your boundaries with assertion.
>>
>>16585368
>How do I let her know that I don't want to know her bf

Dude, it's YOUR SISTER.
Do you really need to ask complete strangers on the internet how to talk to YOUR SISTER?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.