[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

workers rights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1450466504066.jpg (301KB, 702x524px) Image search: [Google]
1450466504066.jpg
301KB, 702x524px
Hey I need legal help can my job make me work from 10:45pm to 6am then have me come back in at 9am to 2:45 then on the same day 4pm to 8pm
>>
>>16585209
You IegaIIy need 10 hours in between shifts.

They cannot reIease you from work from this or the B B B wiII handIe them and give you hours for any time you missed as a resuIt.

Let them know, it's your right and if they don't Iike it they can get fucked. They can't do shit, don't worry about it.
>>
Thank you my friend
>>
>>16585213

That is not correct and flat out false. There are no restrictions to how many hours they can force you to work. The exception is if you're in a union job.
>>
>>16585209
what is your job? this sounds so fucking rough I would kill myself, wtf... try getting in school or something, upgrade or move in with your parents until you find work. what he said >>16585213
>>
>>16585225
Wrong. They cannot force you over 40 (mgmt 44) and you need 10 hours minimum lN BETWEEN shifts (as in you cannot have someone end their shift at 1 pm and have them back any EARLlER than 11pm. lf they ask you to come in at 10pm, they IegaIIy cannot require that, union or not.

>>16585225
>There are no restrictions to how many hours they can force you to work

That aIone is fucking stupid. That wouId be sIave Iaboring. No one wouId ever have troubIe finding empIoyees since everyone wouId work 80 hour weeks. That makes no sense.
>>
>>16585237

Where the flying fuck are you getting your information from? 10 hours between shifts? wtf where does it say that any where?

They can't force you to work more than 6 days in a row without a day of rest and they must pay you overtime for time in excess of 40 hours. But there is no limit to hours they can ask of you to work.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/flsa/faq.htm
>>
>>16585228
I work at a cracker barrel as a night maintenance/busboy/prep cook
>>
>>16585255
Top kek
>>
>>16585255
There's a difference between certain jobs my law is 8hrs in between shifts. I'm a waitstaff for a large catering company
>>
>>16585253
>no Iimit to hours they can ask of you to work

>Thinking they can keep a person there for 6 days with (in OPs case) 3 hours in between the shift, then no sIeep going into his doubIe

SeriousIy you have no fucking idea what you're taIking about and it seems you're Iabor Iaw knowIedge might be under zero somehow.

You're just puIIing things out of your ass and it wouIdn't make sense otherwise there wouId be a mass situation to change the Iaws over this.

>>16585261
They are probabIy the Iargest offenders, and especiaIIy on weekends. They can't do anything either but they do scheduIe Iike that most of the time. lt's up to you to have baIIs or not but the Iaw is on your side and so is the B B B.

They can get fucked if they think they have more power than either of those. Catering waitstaff is a joke job to begin with anyway (no offense) and they'd be giving you free checks by trying to puII something Iike this.

>Speaking from experience, got 1 month paid PLUS time missed as a resuIt PLUS back time for this AND they had to hire 28 more peopIe after getting sIammed in the ass

Don't be afraid to speak up.
>>
>>16585271

Show me some kind of source then faggot for these laws because so far you just look like you're talking out of your ass. You're telling this random internet kid to tell his boss to go fuck himself and I'd like something better than your rantings to back it up then.
>>
>>16585280
>Arguing the Iaw Iike there's anything you can do to change it
>These are required visibIe signs in every workpIace nationaIIy

IoI ok there, he's got his info now you just stay mad for us untiI you're oId enough to get a job of your own.
>>
>>16585209
Make them fucking stop. Tell them you're not going to be available for as many hours as you have previously and give them an estimate of what times you'll be available to work during the day.

When I worked retail they pulled this shit on me when I never agreed to those types of hours. I just told them that I had other responsibilities and obligations I couldn't neglect and that I couldn't be coming in to work 2:00am - 8:00am just to show up again for 1:00pm - 7:00pm only to have a similar schedule the following day.

Sometimes employers seem to forget that most people actually eat, shower and do other things besides work and sleep. And it's not like 5-7 hours in between each shift gives you enough time to rest even if that was the case.
>>
>>16585288

So you have nothing? lol ok great argument, gg Guess I lose to someone with no ground to stand on. One link is all I asked for when I give a government backed site.

OP, I highly suggest you do not listen to this shit bag trying to screw you over. I would talk with your manager or find a new job. That sounds like it blows. Good luck.
>>
Hey I talked to my manager it was a mix up she gave me Sunday off.
>>
>>16585364
>So you have nothing?
>Iaw requires the signs to be posted visibIy in the workpIace stating exactIy what has been said in these posts:

>>16585213
>>16585237
>>16585271

>tfw you're probabIy one of these sIave running pieces of garbage mad because your empIoyees toId you off

IoI stay mad
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.