[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you lower your standards in dating? I can't stand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 12

How do you lower your standards in dating?

I can't stand being alone but I can't stand any of the guys available either.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (120KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
120KB, 640x468px
>>16584088
Don't lower your standards trust me it only lowers your happiness
>>
"Available" is relative to the dating pool in which you're swimming. Don't lower your dating standards. Raise your personal standards and qualify for a better pool. Then the guys you're looking for will suddenly appear.
>>
Is that you in the pic?
>>
If you get lonely enough, your standards will lower themselves eventually.
>>
>>16584097
>Raise your personal standards and qualify for a better pool.

How do I do that?
>>
>>16584088
Date at least above psychotic internet nerd.
>>
>>16584104
I don't understand how this question is anything other than obvious. "How do I raise my personal standards?" Look yourself in the mirror and demand better of yourself. Not rocket science here.
>>
>>16584102
It's from like 2012 but yes.

>>16584106
I'm sorry but I can't come up with any interpretation of that sentence that isn't complete word salad.
>>
>>16584103
This. I dated a porker just for the sex and companionship.
>>
>>16584113
I don't understand how you don't understand that I don't understand.

Do better in what? In school? Will guys with a nice face and no fits of random PTSD violence be turned on by my physics grades?
>>
>>16584088
whats wrong with them. just ugly or retarded

im not a girl so i dont know how the field is for you. for a guy its all a combination of looks/money/charisma. i thought girls just had to look pretty and wait for some asshole to come by

maybe go out to where hotter dudes hang out. i dunno
>>
Hi pan!
>>
>>16584127
>random fits of violence

Is there a backstory here?
>>
>>16584088
>I can't stand being alone

Standards aside, this is what will be your downfall. Successful relationships are between people who are happy single, but happier together.
>>
What are your current standards?
>>
>>16584127
If your educational performance earns you scholarships which relieve or eliminate your student loan debt burden, yeah, grown men will find it very attractive that you have financial security.

If your grades qualify you for studies abroad, travel for extracurricular projects, internships with meaningful commercial or non-profit organizations, etc., guys are going to admire your active and varied experiences.

With a strong transcript, the glowing recommendations of professors and chairpersons/deans and connections you make with people in your department and others, your reputation could land you a sweet job upon graduation. Independence is absolutely attractive to men of higher caliber.

So yes, do better in school. That's a good first step. Take a couple hundred more steps like that and turn yourself into a woman of uncontested appeal. Then "nice face and no fits of random PTSD" will come easily.
>>
>>16584129
>>16584136
I don't attract guys who don't have something mentally or physically wrong with them.

I mean I could date a guy in a wheelchair if he was good-looking and a good personality, someone with distinct good with the bad, but if my only options are a guy with a 4/10 appearance and 4/10 personality, I'm really not into it.
>>
>>16584139
1. mentally and physically healthy
2. attractive to me
3. willing and interested in actually DATING instead of just one-time sex.
>>
>>16584154

Would you be willing to give sex on the first date depending on the guy or is that a strict no.
>>
>>16584130
Whoever you are, please don't mention finding me on YT. Frank still stalks me there and I'd rather not have to deal with that.
>>
>>16584150
>attract guys with something wrong with them

Well, judging by the fact you're on 4chan maybe you hang out in the wrong places IRL as well?
>>
>>16584157
Would that be a guy I'm attracted to?

Would he stick around after sex or just leave once he got what he came for?
>>
>>16584161
>hang out in the wrong places IRL as well?
What, school? Work?
>>
>>16584130
>>16584160
Story?
>>
>>16584180
There is a forum I frequent, and a crazy I should not have stuck my dick in knows about it.
>>
>>16584186
>my dick
>OP
And we're done here folks.
>>
>>16584206
there is no different way to word that.

I decided to "give a nice guy a chance" and let me tell you I'm still paying the consequences.
>>
>>16584186
>my dick

What? Is this a troll thread?
>>
>>16584211
No, just OP trying to be funny.

Are you going to let an off-colour remark go or are y'all going to crucify me?
>>
>>16584215
My phone is slow at updating the page.

You don't look ugly from your pic (and I guess you realize that), are you after normal dudes or guys that are into niche geek crap (I'm guessing since you're on 4chan you're into nich geek crap as well?) since that shrinks the dating pool somewhat?
>>
>>16584245
hobbies aren't that different to facial features to me. I don't care about what they are for as long as they aren't an obvious sign of having someting wrong mentally.

I'm not saying I wouldn't date a guy who's really, really, really, really into constructing miniature aeroplanes, given that he isn't morbidly autistic. But that's usually a symptom.

I just want a guy with a nice face, good personality and a body I wouldn't be disgusted to touch. I don't care about hobbies or clothing style or anything like that.
>>
>>16584127
Haha, if you major in Physics, you will have the benefit of being in a high male-to-female ratio situation once you get to the more advanced classes. Granted, these guys may not all be sports jocks, but if you go to a university that rewards well-roundedness, who knows? Maybe there will be a guy who dances on the side or something.

I know as a guy and Physics major, I am pretty socially miserable. No one says shit to me. I have made a few good friends who are graduate student researchers or TA's though.

>>16584142
That already sounds sexy to me. I mean I have no experience in regards to internships or private sector organizations... and the thought of a fine lady in a business suit, with a demeanor to match, and legs for days, absolutely turns me on. MMH!

Anyway, you wouldn't want anything to do with ME personally though. I am one of those random PTSD violent type guys. Although I use "PTSD" loosely, because it is actually a condition that needs to meet a certain criteria that only qualified medical personnel can diagnose. You know the deal. But yeah, I totally kicked my closet door due to intrusive thoughts and memories, and practiced a few moves with my pocket knives "in case anyone ever disrespects me again." Because there are sharks in the world, and sometimes you can't just ignore them - you have to punch them and let them know you're not to be messed with. Grew up in an unstable household, got into pissing matches with higher ranked personnel, to include my supervisor, while overseas. I've got scars for life. Never saw any dead people though. I know, I'm quite mentally fucked.
>>
>>16584278
yeah it appears to be that we are both literally the opposite of what we want.

So to sum up this thread, I am literally everything this guy isn't interested in, and the type of a guy I'm looking for is the absolute, furthest opposite of that.

I'm not a STEM major. I didn't even get into university. I'm going to be a plumber.
>>
You don't have to lower your standards, per se; just be a bit less quick to dismiss. The false-positives from your anti-creeper heuristics will hide plenty of guys who meet your standards.
>>
>>16584154

There's more to relationships than just finding someone who is attractive and healthy. Figure out what you want from a guy and what you're willing to give to the person you're with. There are guys out there who are hot but just want to fuck and don't want the emotional connection that comes from dating.

And there are guys who are hot who might want to date you, but that's going to require an emotional investment on your part. Which means helping them with whatever problems they have. You're turned off by mental problems, but that still leaves familial problems, financial problems, work problems, etc.

And everyone is going to have a "mental problem" to a degree, even if it's something minor like selfishness, egoism, introversion/extroversion, or some kind of insecurity. Obviously you don't want to be dating an obsessive psychopath, but are you going to turn your back on some guy the first time he gets mopey about something?

You're not gonna find some perfect dude who skates through life effortlessly and is never ever sad or slightly dependent in some way, relationships that are beyond simply sex require work. So figure out what you're looking for and what you're willing to give. Relationships should be mutual exchanges
>>
>>16584160
It's oreo, and I won't
>>
File: 1448650170438.jpg (75KB, 773x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448650170438.jpg
75KB, 773x960px
>>16584160
b0ss?
>>
File: 1450576563430.jpg (20KB, 556x417px) Image search: [Google]
1450576563430.jpg
20KB, 556x417px
You're OK OP. The stuff about bettering yourself with some exercise thrown in and you'll be set.
>>
>>16584641
>Figure out what you want from a guy and what you're willing to give to the person you're with.

I want attention and cuddles and I'm willing to give sex.

There's a bell curve to crazy, and I'm not talking about "above 0% crazy", I'm talking about "above 70% crazy". The guys too fucked in the head to live a normal life, the ones you're abusing and taking advantage of by the mere act of trying to date them at all.

I'm okay with depression. I'm okay with anxiety, minor narcissism, insecurity or dissassociation. I'm not going to start meddling with psychosis, schizophrenia, full-blown autism or legit PTSD. I'm not asking for a guy who's more sane than I am, I'm asking for a guy who is possible to date at all.

I'm not asking for someone perfect. I'm asking for someone whose problems I'm capable of helping and supporting instead of just making everything worse. I am not a trauma-patient psychiatrit with a PhD and 10 years of experience.

I'm just a skank with dyed hair.
>>
>>16585322
>give sex

That's not how it works.
>>
>>16584088
get a cat
>>
>>16585381
but that's just all the bad sides of dating without any of the good ones.

That, AND piss on your bed.
>>
>>16585373
I think I found the problem.
>>
Are you that Latvian chick from last week?
>>
>>16585454
What?
>>
File: ripping stuff.jpg (83KB, 477x356px) Image search: [Google]
ripping stuff.jpg
83KB, 477x356px
>How do I lower my standards?
Your standards seem to pretty baseline already OP according to >>16585322

>I can't stand being alone
Why? You might be able to get the boyfriend you desperately seek if you learnt to be comfortable with yourself. That's pretty much the advice all the >tfwnogf's get anyway
>>
Did you solve your problem OP?
>>
>>16585477
trying to stop being lonely by learning to be happy with being alone seems just about as sensible as trying to stop having chronic pain by learning to accept being disabled.
>>
>>16585481
OP posted like 5 hours ago, I think it's safe to say they're gone.
>>
File: 6BWzh3o.gif (4MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
6BWzh3o.gif
4MB, 380x285px
>>16585499
It's not learning to be happy alone, it's to work on yourself instead in such a way that you feel more comfortable.

This makes you seem less desperate and therefore more likely to score manmeat.
>>
>>16585512
And how do I do that?
>>
File: not in the mood.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
not in the mood.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>16585538
Why do you have to lower your standards? Is there not a single man alive you would potentially date? If you think no one can fit >>16584154 then you have a shit social circle.

So what's barring you from forming a relationship with men? Whatever is stopping you is what you have to work on, such as meeting more people or improving your appearance.
>>
>>16585551
I never meet any I'd be interested in. They're too rare, I'm 21 and only met four I'd have been attracted to and none were interested in me.
>>
>>16585553
You've only been attracted to 4 men? Then the problem is you haven't met enough people.

There are loads of people out there, and as you age the dating pool will increase as people look to form more serious relationships, and you meet people outside of your college/job at a cafe.
>>
>>16585566
How???

Do I just go talk to strangers and hope they've got hot brothers?
>>
>>16585578
You can if you want, but you can also work on yourself and people will eventually be attracted to you, coming to you themselves. Also, generally just living your life allows for you to meet more people.

I don't know if you're NEET or big man on campus or whatever so I can't exactly set a guide for you.
>>
>>16585584
I'm not in education right now, but I don't usually have a problem with people.

I'm always the bottom-feeder of any social group but I don't have a problem finding friends.
>>
File: 1449398997778.gif (114KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1449398997778.gif
114KB, 500x375px
>>16585589
Last post

>I don't have a problem finding friends
Keep doing that to increase people you may be attracted to.

Work on yourself to increase number of people you meet that would be attracted to you.

Work on yourself to be happier with yourself as a person, so you don't feel shit when alone and then people won't think you're desperate.
>>
>>16585600
How!????????

How do I work on myself??????

I'm reasonably fit, doing everything I can to stop being a NEET, I don't smoke, I drink decently, I do kegels, what more do you want?????
>>
File: yuk.jpg (2MB, 518x3648px) Image search: [Google]
yuk.jpg
2MB, 518x3648px
>>16585607
I can't say because I don't know you, you're going to have to ask people close to you if you want real answers.

>doing everything I can to stop being a NEET
Yet still currently NEET, normal people don't want to be with someone currently doing nothing. But you say you're working on it, so good I guess.

Also, when I say work on yourself to be happier I mean looking within and all that crap. You seem desperate and depressed, try meditation or something. You need to learn to accept your current situation, and realise what you need to do yourself.

I cbf now, going to bed.
>>
>>16585614
I literally just graduated college last friday. I've been a NEET for two days.

Depression isn't something you can "work on". It's like being in a wheelchair, the best you can do is to try and live like you don't have it and hope nobody notices.
>>
File: 1448904927949.gif (224KB, 500x115px) Image search: [Google]
1448904927949.gif
224KB, 500x115px
>16585620
Depressed, distressed, troubled, I didn't mean it clinically.

Unless you think you are actually depressed, in which case you now know what to address. Yes it is something you can work on, but you don't do that by going to /adv/. Seek professional help, you don't need a boyfriend to compensate.
>>
>>16585628
>>16585620
Oops, shitty linking
>>
>>16585628
Oh, I've been diagnosed. Several times. Professional help is what taught me this.

Either lifelong depression cannot be treated, or I am not worth treating.

There will be no help. If I can't make it on my own, I don't deserve to live.

I just want someone's hand to hold while waiting for death.
>>
>>16585636
If there's nothing you can do for yourself my advice is worthless.
>>
>>16585647
I just want somebody who's warm and won't rape me.
>>
>>16585651
This is a either a troll thread or OP is gone and a troll has replaced her.

No doubt it's going to get replies anyway.
>>
>>16585667
Why is that trolling?
>>
>>16585668
> who's warm and won't rape me.

a) Those are real low standards
b) That is bait
>>
>>16585673
Would you be willing to date a girl who doesn't find you attractive and be 100% ok with not having sex at all ever?
>>
>>16585680

Unless there are other benefits like she being rich as fuck then obviously no.
>>
>>16585684
They're not "real low" if nobody lives up to them.
>>
>>16585687
I'm not the person who said those are low standards but those ARE really low standards.

Massive majority of alive men are both warm and don't rape.
There were about 0.5 rapes per 1000 people in US and there is bound to be some overlap between rapes too. Most of which are committed by very tiny population segment e.g. niggers.
>>
>>16585680
Aren't those just called friends?

>>16585698
>niggers

I guess you aren't warm. Unless she likes racists.
>>
>>16585680
I don't think you could call that a relationship. But you are playing the correct beats for a troll thread.
>>
>>16585698
I either want a guy I'd actually want to and be willing to have sex with, or a guy who's 100% ok with never ever ever having sex.

I want to be able to let my guard down. I don't want to live in fear of getting fucked whether I want it or not.
>>
>>16585708
Then don't, statistics are on your side.
>>
>>16585710
What?
>>
Lots of you people are ignorant on how the mating process works.

Men don't chase women. Well, if they do, they are just annoying women because that is not how the process works. Women select men. Women select men that are of a higher level then themselves. And obese women will not select an obese man; instead they will desperately try and get a non-obese man. An ugly woman will seek an average-looking guy. But an ugly guys knows better than to even try getting with a not-ugly girl. Often times, if all the options are taken, a girl will "settle" for a guy generally on her own level, but it's not her first choice.

As for women who can't find a guy better them themselves -- why not just live alone? Be independent? Do you really need some guy?
>>
>>16585712
>I don't want to live in fear
Statistically you won't be raped unless you partner up with "upstanding African american citizen". So don't live in fear because it's irrational to do so unless you actually have some reason to be concerned.
>>
>>16585715
>some bullshit

Also most relationships I see are balanced and skewed ones are usually ugly dude and not-ugly woman.
>>
>>16585718
>I have problems with black people
>>
>>16585730
>statistics are rasics
>>
>>16585715
Have you ever laid awake in your bed at 3 am because you couldn't stop crying because you are literally so hurt you feel a physical pain?

Girls get that too.

>>16585718
I don't live anywhere near africa OR america. And you are not understanding what I am trying to say.

Imagine if you had a partner who always wanted to pluck hairs out of you. You don't want to get hairs plucked out of you, it's either boring or it hurts or it's both and it just wastes 30-40 minutes of your life that you could spend better browsing 4chan, listening to music, doodling pinecones or staring at a wall.

And every once in a while you want a hug, closure, affection or warmth and contemplate going to your partner for it but then you remember she'll just start plucking your hair again and decide against it.

Can you imagine getting to eat your favourite food every day whenever you want it, but there's a 60% chance there are glass shards in it?

I want affection without having to dread sex.

I want a partner I can feel safe with.
>>
>>16585733
I'm sure certain stats are in your favour but you definitely have a problem with black people.
>>
>>16585735
Well you are in luck, most men are like that.
If you live in first world countries realistically you shouldn't be afraid of rape or the like until there is actual concern to be had. If you are already afraid before relationship you are just crippling yourself and your future relationships.

>>16585736
>giving advice is racist.

Believe it or not if you wan't not to get raped, advising to stay away from blacks is very good advice, they are that over represented in rapes.
>>
>>16585747
>Truely great advice

Fine whatever.

>>16585735
OP, what are your interests? What are your hobbies? What do you like to do?
>>
>>16585754
Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger
>>
>>16584088
I hate when people say they gotta lower their standards. If you have a certain standard then go for it. If its high then it means you gotta be high as well so just bring yourself up. Like when a chick or a dude says he or she wants her/his"prince charming/dream girl", they have this idea of a perfect bf/gf with the features that attract them. Its like okay, you got an idea so what are you doing for yourself though to get him/her to you? Your version of "prince charming/dream girl" must have standards of their own, why not upgrade yourself for when you so happen to cross paths? And if still you dont meet his/her standards, then theyre not the one. Youd be suprized at the many dudes and chicks would fit " prince charming" or "dream girl" that would take you because you meet their standards and they meet yours. Perfect peice to the puzzle.

Im not bf material because I could give two shits about relationships and I even see this as is. I just hate the bitching.
>>
>>16585747
I'm not talking about being-grabbed-from-the-street-with-a-knife-at-my-throat -rape. I'm talking about being-pressured-into-sex-when-I-don't-want-sex -rape.

I don't know if you'd even call that "rape" or not but the bottom line is I don't want to get fucked and I don't want to live in dread of getting fucked regardless.

I want to be able to give and receive affection from my partner and feel warm and safe and happy instead of "oh god what does he want now".

>>16585754
I like history, anthropology, art, and everything that makes the three overlap. I write poetry when I'm drunk and I sometimes draw pictures.
>>
>>16585768
I know what you said, you seem to be incapable of reading comprehension.
Here it is again for you.
If you live in first world it's irrational to be afraid of forced sex.

Work on your issues before you go after a relationship, that makes you happier and the relationship better.
>>
>>16585775
Do you have any idea how much of rape happens in relationships? It's much more likely to get raped by your boyfriend than a complete stranger.

I want to be able to date someone I can trust at all times, no matter how drunk I am, no matter how drunk he is, someone I will never, ever, ever, ever have to dread or fear.
>>
>>16585768
So what exactly drew to the shithole known as 4chan then? I mean, you have some high brow interests.

Also regards to forced sex thing, are you like exclusively visiting redpill sites or something? You realize that they're insane people right?
>>
>>16585788
I'm here because my ex knows my reddit account, my sister knows my tumblr, and I can't think of any other place to go.

Men want sex and I have anxiety. At some point when I'm drunk or anxious enough I get irrational fears, one of which is getting raped by a partner unless I put out. I don't want to play that game anymore where I wake up naked and hung over without any memory of the night before and my partner pretending that he didn't realise what it was about.

Men like sex. I get that. Men really, really, really like sex. If men didn't like sex, people wouldn't get raped. People are literally willing to risk jail time or getting lynched by the victim's family in order to obtain sex.

I understand how important sex is.

I just wish my personal boundaries were more important than that.
>>
>>16585795
This has to be a troll, you're on 4chan where there's psychos everywhere and where views are heavily skewed.

4chan's views on anything are in the minority.
>>
>>16585795
Well think about it like that: people are looking for some specific things in a relationship, even if they don't realize it. Some men, not a lot, but some are willing to have a relationship without sex, if they're offered whatever else they want. I don't know what their faggot asses would crave, probably compassion, material shit, or just a nice person to talk to. Point is, figure out what you have to offer and find a guy who's willing to take it and give you what you want in return.
>>
>>16585804
>4chan's views on anything are in the minority.
No they're not.
>>
>>16585811
Such as?
>>
File: 1435044306554.jpg (24KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1435044306554.jpg
24KB, 251x242px
>4chan has specific views
>>
>>16585821
You go on 4chan, you hear some shit, said half-jokingly.

You go on reddit, you hear the same shit, said dead serious.

You're talking about tumblr. Tumblr's views of anything are in the minority. Everyone else agrees on shit.
>>
>>16585795
What boards do you visit that couldn't found on a better site?
>>
>>16585829
/adv/
>>
>>16585828
>You go on 4chan, you hear some shit, said half-jokingly.

>You go on reddit, you hear the same shit, said dead serious.

Well, I can't argue with that.

>>16585832
>/adv/

Like just the advice board? There's no real content except for occasional trainwrecks.

>Men like sex.

Yeah, but most aren't callous and horrible enough to obtain it by force.
>>
>>16585768
If you're at least willing to offer some form of physical intimacy, like hugging / cuddling, you'll probably find a guy who knows he's not attractive enough to have sex with and who has given up on physical relationships long ago. Just having some form of physical relationship for a guy like that would be enough.

Don't know if you're going to find him before the age of 30, though.
>>
File: 2015-12-09 12.36.21.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09 12.36.21.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>16585870
I have a severe addiction in attention and validation through the internet and I occasionally need to self-harm if I can't get sufficient reassurance.
>>
>>16585795
Do you have an aversion to sex due to prior incidents?
>>
>>16585900
You need to stop doing that. Are you NEET? Do you have friends?
>>
>>16585901
Oh god, just leave her be. There's probably just no one around who she is attracted to and who isn't already taken, not inside the right racial/ethnic circle, etc. Depending on where you live it can be really bad.
>>
>>16585901
What counts as an incident?

I've never been straight-up raped or anything. I've just learnt guys don't stick around if you don't give them sex, and if you invite one into your room he won't leave otherwise.

If he tries to make you feel better, it's because he knows you don't put out if you're sad. Your feelings are a means to an end.
>>
OP, I've read all your responses, I've read the whole thread.

I may sound like a religious nutjob here on 4chan but I am taking the chance, for this, if you truly listen, is the solution to your problems.

Find God, start reading the bible, and visit a local church(es).

How will this fix any of your problems? You will stop feeling crushing pain and loneliness, you won't overly seek attention and validation from others, atleast it will dampen and stop harming yourself, you will feel and be happier. This is all through understanding. I'm not saying you will become a robot with no desires, but you will see the truth and with understanding you will be able to control them.

Secondly, church people are some of the most genuine, friendly and decent folk you'll find out there. If you can find a guy there around your age, he'll make a good boyfriend.

This is all coming from a long time atheist in his 20's. Give this a try.

>>16585896
This is bad advice.

>>16585915
>I've just learnt guys don't stick around if you don't give them sex, and if you invite one into your room he won't leave otherwise.
>If he tries to make you feel better, it's because he knows you don't put out if you're sad. Your feelings are a means to an end.

I hope you know that these are very much so not true. Don't poison your mind with false, dark thoughts.
>>
>>16585908
I finished school and moved away from all my firends back to live with mom last friday.

>>16585913
I'm not picky about ethnicities, though I wouldn't date someone from a completely different cultural background. I'm not going to let some gypsy grandmother shit on me and call me stupid because I wasn't raised to be a housewife.

Not that romani guys would care for white girls. They know we're all whores.
>>
>>16585778
I do, you don't. Which is why it's irrational to be afraid before relationship.

>I want to be able to date someone I can trust at all times, no matter how drunk I am, no matter how drunk he is, someone I will never, ever, ever, ever have to dread or fear.
Most people fit this.

Again you have issues, not men. Work on those first.

I do realize you are probably baiting anyways though.
>>
>>16584088
Become more pretty
Loose weight

Most woman want a prince, not knowing they are no princess
>>
>>16584150
A woman chooses her guy

What does that tell about you?
>>
>>16585918
I've tried to get into religion but the only thing that's stuck is kind of vague atheist-buddhism.

Not meditation or any of that stuff, I don't have dreadlocks and an om tattooed to me somewhere. Just the basic idea that unhappiness happens because you do stupid shit, and the best you can do is to clam your tits and stop chasing shit that doesn't make you happy.

I am absolutely, entirely, 100%, PAINFULLY in the need of physical closure and affection. That's what makes it so hard, I'd be fine if I just didn't want to be touched at all ever. But I want TOUCH, not sex.

A completely wild dog is better off than one that wants to be petted but not kicked in the face.

Whatever I've let poison my mind has been personal experience, nothing more.
>>
>>16585919
What were you studying? Maybe you can follow a career path towards it?
>>
>>16585932
Then just find asexual man, there are a lot of those too.
>>
>>16585932
You've been hanging around with bad people, don't let your experience paint your whole life.

Join courses about things you care about, visit a small local church on a sunday morning, clean yourself from the pessimistic, toxic thoughts that cripple your relationships with others. This doesn't mean you should stop discerning the bad from the good, but don't let your prejudices blind you.

>>16585938
>I've learnt to turn down the bad options and I've discovered that doing so leaves me with none.

This, and any other similar thought you need to stop focusing on immediately. It is said that a person finds his or her true mate in a state where he/she's truly happy. You need to find your inner peace. Once again, visit a small local church, put yourself in situations where you'll get to meet more people, focus on ridding yourself of your demons instead of waiting for someone to take them away from you.
>>
File: it hurts.png (127KB, 540x421px) Image search: [Google]
it hurts.png
127KB, 540x421px
>>16585923
I don't think I'm ugly. I'm normal-weight and clean and dress okay. I don't know what else to do.

>>16585929
Turning down the bad options leaves me with none. I still haven't quite wrapped my head around the concept that I literally don't deserve better than that.

>>16585935
I just finished an useless art degree. I need to find something useful next.

>>16585937
How? Where?

I thought the fat ones were safe but I was wrong.
>>
>>16585954
I've tried to convert to christianity just as hard as I've tried to convert to a lesbian and it just does not work.

It literally does not, cannot, and will not work. No matter how hard I try, no matter how much better it would make my life.

it

just

does

not

work

that

way.

I can go on for 9 hours about how much it does not work, but for the sake of both of our comfort and convenience, I would prefer that you'd just take my word for it.
>>
>>16585956
go to where asexual people hang and internet. Be open about it in dates because they except you to be normal unless you tell them.
Repeat until you find the guy.
>>
>>16585970
Where do asexual people internet?

All the ones on OkCupid are batshit insane.
>>
>>16585956
Well do you have a job?

I don't think they're calling you ugly.
>>
>>16585976
>most
So not all of them

Besides you sound like you have massive mental baggage attached anyways so you should look from the insane ones to fit you better.
>>
>>16585976
>>16585970

Asexuality is a condition not an orientation. I wouldn't consider a person who completely rejects a basic instinct, completely sane.
>>
>>16585964
Trying to "convert" into being a lesbian is going against your own nature, finding God is a part of your nature.

I know that you "know" that these excessive actions you take, harming yourself, burdening yourself with pessimism and harmful thoughts, not working on finding your own peace and fixing your problems is wrong, but you are not doing anything about it.

Don't force yourself to "convert" into a religion, just try to understand God, and you will receive help. There's good advice here in this thread if you take it.

>>16585980
>>16585976
>>16585970
You don't want a truly asexual partner. What you want is a genuine, decent human being. Do not confuse yourself.
>>
>>16585983
She wants a person who doesn't want to have sex.

That's called being asexual (or maybe it was aromantic) something like that.
>>
>>16585978
I just graduated school two days ago and I don't think anyone will be hiring before new year's.

>>16585980
How do I appear less crazy?
>>
>>16585990
Act less crazy.

Ultimately that's just being more crazy and deceiving though so up to you.
>>
>>16585990
Start applying for a menial job anyway and get working on finding a career with your degree. Doesn't have to be related to art, some companies just want people with a degree.
>>
>>16585987
>That's called being asexual (or maybe it was aromantic) something like that.

That's called insane. Also people who you like but don't want to have sex with are called friends, which is what she should be looking for first before looking for love.
>>
>>16586009
Yes she is insane, we know that.
>>
>>16585987
I'm fine with either finding someone I'd actually want and enjoy having sex with, or someone who's ok with no sex at all ever, but the former group is so rare it's best to assume it does not exist.

>>16586000
Doesn't work that way around here.

My plan is to start applying for ape labour while trying to get into a proper school at the same time.
>>
>>16586032
They are not "rare", they are in fact in the majority. Find the right ones.
>>
>>16586032
Ok cool, maybe you'll meet some ape at work.

In the meantime maybe contact your friends?
>>
>>16586038
I've met four over the course of my entire life. They are rare.
>>
>>16586061
If you've only met only 4 people of the very generous standards you have, you either haven't met more than 10 males or you are hanging out in all the wrong areas, or you are purposefully attracting the bad kind, whether you realize it or not.

Man are not rapists with evil intentions like the feminist agenda tries to make you believe, we are just human beings. Spot your own problems before moving forward.
>>
>>16586061
Is this an attention seeking exercise?
Cos it's working.
>>
>>16586061
Actually with reading the whole thread and this response, this thread may actually be a troll thread.
>>
>>16586061
Try elitesingles.co.uk?
>>
>>16586073
I can't imagine most of the people signing up for a site called "elite singles" being decent human beings.
>>
>>16586072
I know right? I they deserve a round of appaluse.
>>
>>16586074
It's got an advert on tv, so...
>>
>>16586061
That's because you are "problematic" and honestly no one wants that.
>>
Timestamp OP.
>>
>>16586068
Let me clarify:

I have met four men I've wanted to fuck, and none who would be willing to date me without sex.
>>
>>16586114
I really don't understand what you're looking for.

But if it's a troll thread, then congratulations, first decent one I've seen for a while.
>>
>>16586114
That's fine. I think you know what you should do. Stop the crippling thoughts, stop making yourself sad. You'll eventually find someone for you.
>>
>>16586126
I want a relationship without unwanted sex. Whether that means good sex or no sex, either is fine with me.

>>16586130
What should I do instead?
>>
>>16586170
Idle hands are the devils workshop. Keep yourself busy, and if you keep yourself busy with constructive things, you have found the way to endless posibilities.

Take a course on something you are interested in, meditate on clearing away your negative thoughts, interract with people (being on /adv/ is a good start, but talk to people face to face, with good, postive friends if possible), spend time doing things that pleases your heart and your soul.

Also, physical exercise is always a positive, no matter what.
>>
>>16586183
So you assume I don't already do those things? That all that this could possibly be is a complete void of anything else?
>>
>>16586193
As much as you are tingling my "troll thread" senses with these empty posts, here's my reply: yes.

You would be lying to yourself if you think you are doing all of the above I mentioned. Do them, and do them well. Start slow, you don't have to do them all at once and be a natural wonder at it, but just do it.
>>
>>16584088
here's the thing, you're a 4/10 at best.

with your looks you either better have a world-class personality or lots and lots of money (or more likely, both) if you want a 8/10, 9/10, etc guy to get with you.

either settle for someone closer to you in terms of looks or be ready to spend the rest of your life lonely as fuck.
>>
>>16586236
This is bad, negative advice. There are constructive advices in this thread that can actually help you fix your problems.

Just like how you can ignore these advices to focus on the positive ones, you can ignore the untrue thoughts in your mind and focus on the positive and truthful ones.

Also, she's a 5/10 at worst from what I can make of the given picture.
>>
OP timestamp please.
>>
OP this is for you:
https://youtu.be/K23_vkcsncA
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.