[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend often ignores my texts and calls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1450555802737493871602.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1450555802737493871602.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
We are both guys. Whenever he texts me I usually respond back as soon as I see it. I always got my phone with me so I text him back quickly.
But whenever I text him, I have to wait quite a while for a response. I'm not talking just a few hours either. Sometimes I have to wait a full 24 hours to get a response to my "hey". A few times he didn't respond back to me in three days. What kind of bullshit is this? Another thing, if I start texting him with anything other than a greeting I will straight up get no response. I could show him a picture, no response. I could ask him a question, no response. He is super standoffish with texting but we are really close in real life. It makes absolutely no sense. Can anyone make sense of this?

I only call him like once a month. I'll call him, he won't pick up, I'll try calling a few hours later, he doesn't pick up. So he ignores my calls too
>>
>>16583101
>I'll call him, he won't pick up, I'll try calling a few hours later, he doesn't pick up. So he ignores my calls too

This is what I do when I'm trying to end a friendship without completely burning any bridges.
>>
>>16583125
But we hang out in real life and always have a good time. He lives far away from me so it's not like we just run into each other.
>>
Well I'll admit I'm kinda like your friend, I often ignore txt messages. I only respond to important ones.

I just don't like texting. Face to face communication is teh shit.

The part about ignoring calls is a little worrying tho.
>>
>>16583151
Well, two days ago I said "hey". He responded back with "hey" yesterday. I asked him if he wanted to come by my house and chill this weekend and he said "maybe" and then a minute later said "or you can come here" implying I could come to his house. So today I text him at 10AM, no reply. I call him at 11:30. And then I called him again at 2:30. He didn't pick up either time and hasn't responded to my text yet. What's his deal?
>>
I have those exact behaviours, ive been depressed and find a debilitating level of anxiety whenever the phone calls

perhaps he has those problems
because folks tend to like me in person and we get along just fine but i dont respond to texts and barely answer calls unless i know thenumber and its for something like regarding my tenancy or something.
>>
yo wtf OP I have the same problem with my friend

SAME

like we chill irl and everything is alright but he treats me like some bitch he's trynna fuck playing hard to get and all that when we communicate over text/facebook

Imma go to his house today and ask him why he does that so I might offer you the response of why some people do that, if he tells me
>>
>>16583254
Cuddle with him after so there's no hard feelings.
>>
>>16583263
alright (;
>>
>>16583245
I highly doubt thats the case lol
>>16583254
He just lies to me and tells me that he must've been "busy" but I know its a fucking lie. You're so busy that you can't reply to a text until three days later. Right.

He texts like a girl who I'm trying to bang: terse, not often, and not long.

I found out from his mom (lol) that he didn't even mention it to her.

I've straight up told this guy that ignoring my texts makes me feel like shit and he continues doing it
>>
>>16583485
>I've straight up told this guy that ignoring my texts makes me feel like shit and he continues doing it

Take a hint. He doesn't want to be your friend for whatever reason.
>>
>>16583485
>I've straight up told this guy that ignoring my texts makes me feel like shit and he continues doing it
Well then it sounds like he's not interested in you anymore. Call me bitter but in my experience most "friends" only interact with you when it suits them, and as soon as they get something new to distract themselves (gf, other friends) they'll go off and do that.

Alternatively, can you think of anything you may have said or done to piss him off? Just because he acts nice irl doesn't mean that's what he's really thinking.

Finally, he might be developing some sort of anxiety and is finding it difficult to talk to anyone, let alone you.
>>
Personally I'm so over sitting and messaging my friends over skype/texts/whatever about nothing important, I just find it frustrating as hell that I can't watch a movie or read a book or work in the shop without getting constantly disturbed by some bored asshole who's too lazy to just come over.
Why do people wanna text anyways when it's approx. 10 times faster to communicate using your speech? just call up, say what you want, we talk a little and we're done, 5 minutes tops. That way I don't have to think about constantly coming up with witty banter stretched out over 3 hours, which is just plain frustrating.
>>
>>16583632
>>16583519
You guys are saying that he's not interested in me as a person, but it's not really making sense to me. He still invites me over to his place, I sleep over and we have a great time smoking weed, drinking etc. If he wanted to break off the friendship, then he wouldn't just stop texting me, he'd stop seeing me irl. Its not like I run into him on the street, we live way too far apart for that to happen. Why would he spend time with me when he's trying to break out the friendship? If he was trying to let me go as a friend, then why does he still invite me to do stuff with him?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.