[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have anxiety I have anxiety all of the time Alcohol helps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1440277347767.jpg (403KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1440277347767.jpg
403KB, 1959x1469px
I have anxiety
I have anxiety all of the time

Alcohol helps so much especially in social situations but I'm worried about getting addicted so I limit myself but I'm a little drunk right now

I don't have anxiety attacks or anything like that (at least, not since high school, but I'm 20 now) so whatever. I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder when I was 16 but they never gave me any meds, which was probably for the best

I have a good job and I'm graduating college in a year
But I worry about dying alone and being unhappy and having regrets and wasting the best years of my life away and one day never having any friends

I have fun with my friends and shit but I'm scared that it'll all end when I graduate and people start being boring and having kids and shit

I wouldn't even say I'm "sad", I just worry constantly
Help
>>
OP here

Just gonna type whatever for a bit because it feels good to say these things

It's hard to meet girls

I dated a girl for a year and we never actually banged although we were both 18-19. she got into all this crazy feminist political bullshit that she read on tumblr and then she got all weird in the relationship and turned everything into some kind of power struggle
we were both virgins and we always thought we'd "go all the way" eventually but when she got into all that political stuff, intimacy turned into this really fucked up thing where she thought she was getting oppressed by me by sharing intimate moments with me

Then there was a girl after her that I helped through a really tough breakup just because we were friends, and then we fucked a bunch of times
But I was definitely just her rebound because the moment she was completely over her ex she gave me the talk that we had to stop having sex because she thought I was getting too emotionally attached

I thought she was the one

but she basically has no real friends so I still have to be there for her. I think she's worried that she's just dragging me along (which is kind of true) but without her I'd have hardly any female contact so I delude myself into thinking it's ok

to put it in /r9k/ terms maybe I just keep getting cucked

I don't know
>>
I've got a similar situation to yourself. High anxiety but eases with alcohol. Very difficult to meet women because I keep to myself. The key is not to worry or fear. The key is to always keep confidence and just accept that everything will keep going whether you're moving with it or not.
>>
>>16581352
>she basically has no real friends so I still have to be there for her
No you don't.
>>
>>16581378
yeah meeting women is hard
Getting out for me is a struggle and I feel better doing lots of things alone like working out or smoking weed or even eating dinner if it's been a stressful day (quit smoking weed a few months ago because anxiety)

but if I spend too much time alone I get anxious and lonely
it's a delicate balance
>>
>>16581388
you're probably right
but she's my only close friend right now and it's hard to give up a close friend
>>
>>16581329

you can't control the future and you have to accept that being yourself in the present is all you can do. all worrying would do is catch you up on being yourself and potentially hinder yourself. there's never going to be a moment where you can control now and one minute or one month down the road. it's only now, so you have to make peace with that and be happy letting things come into your life. it's so much easier that way though right? having to constantly work and arrange for things that have yet to come instead of letting them happen would be more than i could personally handle as i have to try and catch myself with over-worrying like you.
>>
>>16581409
fuck I'm sorry I'm having a little trouble following you but I'm all out of bourbon so it's not like I'll get any drunker

it's weird how you only have a little time frame in the whole scope of time that you can control though
I wish I could control my future but I can't really, I can just try to plan for it and hope for the best

maybe I should focus more on doing what's best for me in the moment and focusing less on how I could get fucked in the future
because thinking about how I could get fucked in the future is just pointless worry and that's not doing me any good
>>
This post has made me laugh a lot. You sound like a faggot. Who cares what other people think of you??
>>
I kind of feel the same way OP! I'm a junior in college, and I never have time for going out or placing myself in social situations because of school. I'm either super tired or I have to study. I've been home for Christmas break, yet have not left my house. I'm going stir crazy.. Wish I could just have friends that understand what I went through. Life is hard!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>16581455
Clearly stated that anxiety was diagnosed
>>
>>16581424
you got my point loud and clear. many times i'll worry worry worry when trusting yourself actually would be the best means of getting in a relationship in the future. worrying and acting out of character only hinders the chances. long story short, being yourself is the best way to reach your goals. they can only fall into your lap, that's how the world works. so trusting in yourself and not letting worrying even invade or interfere with your thoughts and actions is the solution to your problem
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.