[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roughly how much cash should a poor college student pack to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1442704173053.jpg (170KB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
1442704173053.jpg
170KB, 1000x424px
Roughly how much cash should a poor college student pack to have a good time traveling Europe (Scotland, England, France, Belgium, Netherlands) while living cheap but also partying a bit, eating decent food, and grabbing souvenirs for folks back home? Trip is two weeks long. I have a credit card I can use, but want to split my expenditures at least 50/50 cash/card because of reasons.
>>
>>16578783
500-1000 bucks to stay on the save side, you're being pretty vague.
>>
>>16578786
If it helps narrow the figures, I plan on partying it out hard at least once in the city (New Year), and going to museums and whatnot while I'm out there, too. Otherwise, just getting things for friends and family- there's about four people I want to get generally not-shitty-keychain gifts for while I'm out there.
>>
>>16578804
Do you have a rough idea, which cities you want to visit? London and Paris are expensive as fuuuuck. Rest is usually alright. Also what do you mean with living cheap, a shitty hotel or going down all the way to hostel? How do you plan to travel from place to place?

>partying it out hard
It can easy go from 0€ if you're an attractive chick and get faggots to buy you stuff into 200s and beyond, if you drink a lot of really fancy stuff in fancy places and might do drugs.

>going to museums
That shit tends to be cheap/free. Even fucking Louvre is under 20€ if I remember right.

>I want to get generally not-shitty-keychain gifts
How about 25€ budget for person? Still enough to get something cute and personal but not some over the top shit and might go even lower.
>>
>>16578822
>Do you have a rough idea, which cities you want to visit? London and Paris are expensive as fuuuuck
Lol yeah- Fife, London, Oxford, Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam. Accommodation in two of those cities for a night will be free, though- staying with friends.
I'm staying in shitty hostels for all the other stuff, though- think 4-6 people a room, not quite the tuna can dormitory shit. For transport, it's a train from Scotland down to London and then bus from then on- I'm thinking of putting away about 200 for that and another 200-300 for accommodation?

>partying 0€ if you're an attractive chick and get faggots to buy you stuff into 200s and beyond
>museum shit tends to be cheap/free
Nice.

>How about 25€ budget for person?
Shit, that might work. Thank you, anon- sounds like you really know your shit.
Right now I'm thinking of a figure somewhere in the 600-700 range, which would be just about as much as I'd be comfortable carrying, anyway. Think it may work?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nejqzc1r0g1snji0s.jpg (39KB, 319x441px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nejqzc1r0g1snji0s.jpg
39KB, 319x441px
>>16578783
Where abouts in England are you going? Prices vary wildly from one area to another. In the village pub just outside Oxford (where I live) a pint costs me £2.30, whereas in central London (where I work) the same pint will set me back about £7. London is the most expensive area, with prices rising the closer you get to the centre, and falling the further away you get, with the cheapest areas being the south coast and everything north of Birmingham. I reckon you want at least £500 for a good week in England, £200 more if you're in London. Wherever you end up, make sure to try a Melton Mowbray (try and get a fresh, handmade one rather then the mass produced kind), and have some Branston pickle with it.

Scotland on the other hand is dirt cheap, as long as you stay away from the tourist traps in Glasgow and Edinbrough. No one in Scotland has had a job since 1872, so the cost of living is really, really low. Make sure you try a battered Mars bar, but for christ sake let it cool down a bit before you bite it, those things will put you in ICU if they're too hot.

Also,
>medium rare Pepe
fuken saved.
>>
File: 1449165242817.jpg (21KB, 338x332px) Image search: [Google]
1449165242817.jpg
21KB, 338x332px
>>16578844
Fuck, even double dubs didn't help me realise that the Pep was in someone else's thread...
>>
>>16578783
A basic bottom-tier student hostel is going to cost about $25-30 a night. You can probably get by on $10 a day food if you really skimp. You are probably going to want to take the guided bus tour of each major city, which will be up to $50. Beer is cheap in Spain, very expensive in Britain. Clubs and partying are likely to cost.

I would budget $100 a day, with the likelihood that it won't be that much.
>>
>>16578844
Nice; I was definitely putting Oxford on the itinerary. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure where my friend in London lives but I likely won't be in the city for more than 1-2 days- still gonna keep your counsel in mind about the locations, though.
While I'm likely spending about a week in the UK in general and about 3-4 of those days in England, you've given me a good figure to follow for it. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>16578839
> 200 for transport
Can work, although forget using a taxi inside a city with that budget. Should be alright with public transportation and traveling by bus though.

>200-300 for accommodation
Can work if your friends are in Paris/London but I'd go with at least 350 and would recommend to have most of the "accommodation-money" on the card.

>Think it may work?
It can but to be on the save side, I'd add 100/150 to the 700 budget, which is quite a sum, so you'd need to be somehow wary all the time and be careful about having "too much" fun.

>>16578844
Pretty true about Scotland and London. Brussels and Amsterdam are on the "normal" side in-between, while Paris is pretty much a bit cheaper London, specially the places with the view at the fucking Eiffel Tower tend to overdo it. Think I saw a Redbull for 4 bucks at a really shitty, smelly store.
>>
>>16578860
No problem mate. If you're coming to Oxford there's a few things you should try and see. Most of the colleges you can have a walk round and look at them for free, and they also do guided tours for a couple of pounds. All the old colleges are in walking distance of each other - make sure you visit Christ church college on St Aldates (by the police station), it's been used for a filming location as hogwarts in the harry potter movies. Whilst you're in the city centre, take your camera and climb Carfax tower (you can't miss it, it's huge). Costs a couple of quid to go in, but you get amazing panoramic views of the city.

Also you should visit the "Trout Inn" in Wolvercote (£10 in a taxi from the city centre, or £3 on a no.29 bus). It's a 17th century riverside inn, and it's absolutley beautiful. You can sit outside and feed the trout in the river and the peacocks in the garden. When you're done in the trout, walk round the corner in to the Red Lion - if you see a big, tall guy sitting at the bar with a bald head who answers to the name of "Mike" - that's me, I'll buy you a beer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.