[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop feeling shit about every girl that is more attractive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1373303749810.jpg (156KB, 1023x1534px) Image search: [Google]
1373303749810.jpg
156KB, 1023x1534px
How do I stop feeling shit about every girl that is more attractive than myself?

I try to elevate my self-esteem and do all things that are usually adviced but nothing really work long-term and I cannot help but measure and compare myself to majority of good-looking women I see.

>inb4 get hobbies/do something with worthwhile with your life
Already doing that for years, it hasn't changed a thing
>>
This is relevant to my interests.
>>
You have a thinking problem. Maybe you should go see a thinking professional.
>>
>>16576307
Those are most likely to come up with bullshit like: just believe in yourself, everyone is unique, do things that you love and develop hobbies.

Oh and exercise of course.
>>
>>16576304
Similar issue or something else?
>>
Bump for answers
>>
>>16576295
If it's any consolation, basically everybody does that - it's part of life to feel insecure when you see someone who you think is better. If that doesn't help, just remember every single person who is "more attractive" than you has poo inside them. That's gross.
>>
>>16576585
I doubt people do it to the extent I do (especially men)- is there really no solution?
>>
>>16576637
Ever been to a gym? Men do it constantly.

Only way out of it is to stop giving a fuck, or live the rest of your days locked in a sex dungeon.
>>
>>16576647
Yeah but "stop giving a fuck" isnt easy
>>
>>16576653
You'll always feel self concious, the point is don't let it ruin your quality of life. And you're right, it's not easy.
>>
>>16576653
Isn't easy =/= impossible
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxkM_cnjFfw
>>
>>16576295

May I ask, have you had a bf? Having a partner that appreciates you can do wonders for someone's self esteem.

I've had abysmal self esteem my whole life but its been getting gradually better as I grow up. As others have mentioned, the gym really helped. Not just physically but mentally its very healthy.

Are there any particular events that lowered your opinion of yourself or is it just through observation?

You'll never 100% get rid of insecurity but you can definitely improve on your own self worth. Take it from me, someone who's struggling to do the same thing for many years.
>>
>>16576295

constantly be improving yourself + fake it till you make it
If you're a wealthy, successful person with a great lover and tons of shit to do + you constantly tell yourself that you're hot shit, you will eventually become that.
>>
I feel like she is wearing an app on her shirt. lick if I click it it will open a new tab.
>>
>>16576798
I have friends with benefits: been unable to get a boyfriend for years now and hardly anyone is interested.
>>16576846
Currently none of that apart from loads of things to do.
>>
>>16576771
Thanks for that one, its cute>>16576771
>>
Bumping for more /adv/ice. I have this problem too even though my bf says I'm gorgeous and beautiful etc, I feel like he kinda needs to say that though just because I'm his gf.
I compare myself to every pretty girl I see and it drives me mad, literally. It fuels my anxiety and ED.
>>
>>16577223
Op here- same with me.
Although i have issues to get somebody, even if I a (at last) can, I have problem with believing compliments
>>
>>16577287
I'm the same with compliments too, I never ever believe them. I've always had pretty low self esteem but even on my good days, I can't believe compliments because I feel like they're all lies.

It sucks man, I see beautiful girls all the time, even average girls, who rock that confidence we don't have, and I feel so much worse.

I wish I had some /adv/ to offer but I really don't because I've been struggling with this for so long.

I hope you overcome this and can be happy with yourself though
>>
>>16576295
cut their pretty little faces off and wear them as your own
>>
>>16576295
Looks are mostly taste. Objectively, sure there will always be someone better looking, taller, smarter, richer than the next person.
>>
>>16576295
"Comparison is the thief of joy." Literally everyone deals with this. The trick is to take your ego out of the mix. Someone is always going to be funnier, better looking, smarter, more successful etc than you, so you just have to accept it. Find things that you're good at, and if you're not good at anything then develop skills/interests/hobbies so that you have something that you can be proud of.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.