[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting cigarettes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: castro smokin.jpg (48KB, 234x351px) Image search: [Google]
castro smokin.jpg
48KB, 234x351px
This is my 2nd full day not smoking. I'm feeling very well and not craving too much. I do get a brief passing craving now and then.

Anyone here ever quit? How'd you do it or how was it? If I can go to sleep in a couple hours and get on the 3rd day, then make it through that, I think I am on my way.

Quitting smoking is really freakin hard but I think I might succeed this time. I kinda lucked out that I was really tired today for some reason so I was lazy af and didn't think about it too much. I also didn't drink caffeine which seems to make me too jittery and then I want to smoke and I took a nice walk for some physical activity. :)
>>
I haven't had a cigarette in 4 months now!
>>
>>16573940
If you can go 3 days without any nicotine then you can break the physical addiction. It's all psychological after that my friend.
>>
>>16573949
Wow, man. That is fantastic! If you ever have a day that really pisses you off, just prepare beforehand that whatever you do, you won't smoke. You are out, my friend!

>>16573957
That is what my mom used to say about habits. I am really feeling happy and lucky that I am not craving right now. I've been keeping myself on an even-keel emotionally today and I think that helps. I usually in the past pick up a cigarette when I'm irritated, stressed, whatever. I thin part of beating addictions is getting yourself evened out on the side to begin with so you're not all.... kinda crazy mentally or emotionally which is what drives addictions in the first place. :)
>>
>>16573940
After many failed attempts I begged God to help me not have cravings,the next day I didn't need to smoke. Crazy. That was a year and a half ago.
>>
>>16573970
sounds like you got shit figured out anon.
>>
>>16574014
>this

May the force be with you OP
>>
>>16574014
>>16574018
Thanks mah dudez
>>
Get a stoma with non permanent ink tattooed on your neck to remind you what could happen
>>
>>16573940
Run/jog.it will suck a massive pair of balls but it will get easier the longer you go without smoking. Or >think of the higher tier of girls you will be able to smash on. That's what helped me quit.
>>
>>16573940
been smoking for about two/three years with some breaks, its weird because I dont particularly like smoking, I love the feeling of lighting the cigarette and taking those first 3 or 4 puffs but after that it feels worse and worse, if I dont smoke the nacional brand which are very short cigarettes(but a bit stronger than the average) I end up only smoking half and throw it out.
On stopping, I stop every year for a few months when I go back home (in uni in a different city), when i'm there I dont really feel cravings unless I eat a big meal or my friends are smoking.
I intend to stop eventually, probably when I'm done with college, something has to change in my life so I feel like the previous part is over
>>
>>16574657
>Run/jog.it will suck a massive pair of balls but it will get easier the longer you go without smoking. Or >think of the higher tier of girls you will be able to smash on. That's what helped me quit
10/10
I actually am very athletic most of my life and I know what you mean.... Smoking is addictive but you look at girls who smoke and they usually drink too and are lazy pieces of shit.

I forget who it was but some lady who is like 64 or something recently did a photo shoot and she literally looks like 23. I mean, you would fuck her in an instant and she's 64. Because she eats a vegan, whole-food, raw diet and I assume doesn't smoke or drink.

You literally kind of CAN stay young almost forever if you don't take in all the bullshit toxins.

>>16574729
If you can stop for a few months, just fucking stop, G
>>
I've smoked a pack a day for about 3 years when I was 16/17/18

one day I just quit, and started going to the gym and also producing music which made me pretty busy

I also don't smell like shit from cigarette smoke now

it's really not that hard to quit, stop over thinking it faggot
>>
>>16575865
word
>>
The tricky part about quitting smoking compared to other addictions is passive smoking. People smoke everywhere and fill all the air around them.

I know, it's sometimes hardly possible but try to avoid places where people smoke a lot as much as possible.
>>
>>16573940
If you quit, quit. Don't start vaping like a homo
>>
File: image_10_1024x1024[1].jpg (189KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image_10_1024x1024[1].jpg
189KB, 1024x1024px
>>16575890
This. My father 'quit' smoking with the help of these chewing gums.

Ten years later he still devours one box (210 gums) a week.
>>
>>16573940

I quit almost 8 years ago.

>cold turkey
>middle of the week, so smoking buddies all around
>heavy smoker for years

I just quit. The first few days I had a few cravings, but nothing really serious. I did wall push-ups and they went away.

Interestingly enough I am going through the same thing now with fasting during the day, but I have learned with myself it is much easier to not do something that it is to do something.

You're already well on your way. Beware though you will start to smell cigarettes a mile away and it will be disgusting. I'm not sure this ever goes away.

When you stop counting how many days/weeks/months/years its been, then you'll probably be truly free of it. I did this maybe for the first few days, but then I was just someone who didn't smoke, not a "former smoker" or "clean for X amount of days" or anything like that. I've seen people who put the day they quit on a plaque in their kitchen. Faggotry. Great, so now they're constantly reminded of it. Screw that.
>>
>>16575907
desu senpai, my former addiction therapist used to smoke herself and still uses the gum years later. But I must say that this is still WAY better than inhaling tobacco smoke. I remember health ed from high school. There are like 200+ chemicals in tobacco that are bad for you. Vaping or gum or ANYTHING is better than actually smoking tobacco.
>>
>>16575929
When I smoke and then fall asleep in the shirt I'm wearing, the next day, it seems like the whole place smells like shit. I have to take off the shirt but even your skin if you smell close seems to smell like smoke the next day. Not sure but.... The lungs are probably taking massive blood supply so you inhale smoke, even your body smells like it later. That is fucking gross desu senpai
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.