[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find a goal in life if you have no passion for anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_m2k05547ff1r73plvo1_500.gif (313KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2k05547ff1r73plvo1_500.gif
313KB, 500x358px
How do you find a goal in life if you have no passion for anything?

I don't want to spend my life working at a job I don't like just to relax during my free time and then work again. But at the same time I have no passion for anything. I am not one of these guys that early found something (productive) that he really enjoyed, continuously got better at it and later made it his profession. You may say I should just try out different things but I believe that it's not possible to say if you will like something or not without getting in-depth into it. Are people like me doomed to a dull, mediocre, joyless life?
>>
So no one knows?
>>
try random things
>>
You can't find interest in anything if you don't try, idk what you want us to tell you...
>>
>>16573376
smoke crack
>>
This is like what i do.

Go to a job, and spend the weekends being "dead".
>>
If you have no passion for anything life is bound to suck.. Sorry to say so.. So I suggest get a job that can pay your rent and food and spend some more time to develop a passion for something.
>>
Hi, I'm a psychology student who studies neurotransmitters in the brain and it's correlations to our behaviors, and cognitive ability. Do you feel like you have no purpose, or no passion? Maybe go out for a run, or join a gym. 24 Hour gyms are prevalent now a days and are a good way working out without the worry of others around you. When you exercise, your brain tells yourself that you are being a "good human". It's a very natural cycle. I've found that it does not cure anything. It rather changes perspectives. Someone may go to thinking "I don't know why I even go to class, It's not like I'm even going to pass, I don't care." to saying "I'm not really sure if this class is right for me. I should start on my paper now so that I can finish this class with a good grade and take a new class."
Optimism is born. Although I believe optimism in our world is ambiguous. So it's more proper to say that you are just, thinking differently.

Also, you would be surprised at how much of the world that is going on around you that you're missing. A lot of individuals who struggle with issues like these have a sense of "learned helplessness". Which stops them from every thinking differently and seeing the world in a different perspective.

Some techniques I would suggest would be taking a stress relief class. Which is just a fancy name for meditation. Anything that increases your cognitive focus and stimulates your thinking. Caffeine may be a good legal and non harmful stimulant you could try if you don't already. If you've never had an espresso shot, that would be the equivalent of a fast acting stimulant. Just be sure to stay in the 250mg range. Which would be like 2-3 shots.
Good luck friend!

Never forget that there are people in the medical field who are willing to help you. The importance of interpersonal relationships is crucial. Nothing is more stimulating to the brain than believing that you are doing good.
>>
>>16573376
bump for interest

I've always been a good student, and people have always told me that I have lots of potential to succeed down the road, but like OP, I've got no motivation to pursue any of that stuff. The only times I enjoy myself are when I'm spending time with my friends and family. Being with them and making them laugh is what I'm passionate about, but, unfortunately, we don't live in a world where I can make a living by hanging out with people I like

It seems like I'm also doomed to a dull, mediocre, joyless life
>>
>>16573697
man I am in the same boat. I love entertaining my family and friends, absolutely love it. it isnt something i do consciously, it isnt a decision, i just happened to be that guy.
anyways, i figure the problem is i end up doing/trying things because i feel that i have to, and so my goals keep changing, i never stick to one thing, i get frustrated with myself until i reach such a low where i decide to do something and the cycle begins anew. a friend of mine recently told me to stop asking what to do and ask myself what i shouldn't be doing. which i thought was profound, i feel that by eliminating things that keep the cycle going we get closer to a personal essence of living that is uncontested by the myriad forms of measurement. finding a passion is a terrible phrase, it implies that it is some sort of click moment/ something permanent. and in search of this we are living in a destructive way. you know man, fuck passion. when we were kids, we just did things because we were curious or we had a sense of wonder towards something. we didn't put an inbetween step in the thought process of whether this is our passion or if this is worth something, we simply did them. i wish i can just walk towards something that harbors a sense of wonder in me, instead of being crippled by the background thought that is; what if it doesnt pan out, what if its just an infatuation. whatever free time we have, should be put forth going towards the things we cherish or are curious about. all this talk about mediocrity is linked to external pressures, I don't know what im saying anymore, but, fuck all those fuck faces going around claiming "im so happy, i get to do what i love for a living,oh my god i cant even imagine" dont let the external shit mess up your inner sense of wonder. the thought that i gotta do something like that person, undermines your essence and clouds your wonders. to follow our wonders as much as possible is what i think life is about.
>>
OP, whats is something you'd love to do that seems unrealistic or impossible for you to achieve?
>>
>>16574525

I want to become a dinosaur.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.