[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The people in my life are driving me crazy. Especially, my parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: young cara.jpg (90KB, 602x610px) Image search: [Google]
young cara.jpg
90KB, 602x610px
The people in my life are driving me crazy. Especially, my parents will not let me do anything besides what they want me to do. This includes STEM degree and not being employed. They also have crazy ideas about a lot of things such as mental illness. They believe it to be caused by "the devils in your head".

I want to leave so fucking bad, but I have only about $300.

I don't know what to do. I'm 20 years old, also.
>>
Go rob a few liquor stores or steal some car stereos, then you'll have enough money to leave
>>
>>16570291
Well thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I want to go to jail.
>>
File: Into-the-wild.jpg (33KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
Into-the-wild.jpg
33KB, 300x442px
>>16570287

Read this book. Or watch the movie, whatever

Then make a decision.
>>
>>16570296
I actually saw the movie a month back while thinking about the exact same things in my post. I'm not into the drifter lifestyle as much as McCandless was, I actually would like to settle down with a shitty 9-5. Just anything away from my toxic friends and family.
>>
I'm not going to lie and say that suicide is imminent, but it has been looking more and more attractive. I feel like I'm constantly going back and forth in my head on whether or not it's a valid option.
>>
>>16570311

I'm not saying you have to take on that specific lifestyle, but fuck just step out your door and leave. Make the 300 last. You have no idea where you might end up, you could build a whole new life yourself.

Just go for it, man
>>
>>16570328
This is the conclusion I always come to. It just feels like I'm stuck in between staying inside a burning building or jumping.
>>
>>16570338

So what's stopping you?
>>
>>16570345
The logistics. Ending up homeless is a scary proposition.
>>
Sort yourself out and leave, it might take a year of work to open up whatever pathways you need, which would be ok (you could have moved out 5 years ago but you've lasted).

Unless you don't have any freedom to do anything helpful to yourself at all. In that case I'd probably secretly apply for jobs, or set up online work, or freelancing... then move out. Then you'll have 1-2 weeks to get that money flowing properly, although you may dip into your overdraft if you have one.
>>
>>16570350
Check out couchsurfing. Make internet friends willing to help you with a place to sleep. Where do you live, and what's the nearest metro with the best possibility of jobs?
>>
>>16570350
>>16570351

Or yeah like this guy said. A more secure way of going about it, you could find yourself a job in another state or even country. I myself have just applied for a ski lift operator job in Canada. I live in Australia.
>>
>>16570355
I live on the outskirts of Washington, D.C.

>>16570355
Are people willing to allow for a newbie to stay for a couple of months

>>16570351
Secretly applying for jobs is a solid idea. I feel though once they find out I'll still be homeless for a bit until I can get a full month of work.
>>
>>16570287

im confused, do they NOT want you to have a job or stem degree? or do they want you to do this. elaborate more OP
>>
>>16570389
Don't want me to have a job. Want me to have a STEM degree.
>>
>>16570374
>>16570392

so they wont let you have a job? thats really odd. but they do want you to have a stem degree? thats good/normal. whats the issue? basically they want to give you free college and not work too hard during?
>>
>>16570374
You at umd?
>>
>>16570398
Yeah

>>16570395
I don't want to get a STEM degree
>>
>>16570405
Living on campus?
>>
>>16570407
no, why?
>>
>>16570412
Just curious.
>>
>>16570420
Are you at umd/living on campus?
>>
>>16570426
Yea I'm in the north campus dorms
>>
>>16570431
I hope your semester has been going better than mine has.
>>
>>16570438
I took a very light class load since its my first semester here. Went well so far. Good luck on your endeavours fellow terpfag
>>
>>16570449
Same to you
>>
Stop being Indian.
>>
I'm literally in the same predicament OP, idk what to do either
>>
>>16570974
I'm east african
>>
>>16570395
Also, the issue is that they never take what I want in to consideration. I wanted to go the psychology then doctorate route so I could be a psychiatrist but they wouldn't allow that. I wanted to get a trade, and they wouldn't allow it. I want to get a job and just leave and they won't allow it.
>>
well in your position you'll have to jump the gun and take a risk. Try to find a job and as soon as you got enough to get an apt, go for it. Don't save or anything just go for it, you may be afraid of losing your job but truth is, no job is a safe one, no ones safe. The owner of sony could go bankrupt tommorrow and go out of bussiness. If you sit and wait nothing will ever happen unless you win the lotto. The fear of homelessness and moving back with your parents will be your motivation to keep on. Just go for it first opprutunity.
>>
serious suggestion OP, join the military

assuming you're in good enough physical shape and don't care what kind of job they give you, you could be shipped off to basic in under 2 weeks. A 4 year deployment will get you away from your family and when its over you'll have a large sum of cash sitting in the bank, and a GI bill that will pay for your schooling so you can move wherever you want and not be dependent on anyone else for school.
>>
>>16572543
I was thinking about this as well. I'm definitely on the skinny fat spectrum. I like the idea of joining the navy and being stationed in countries around the world. This is the most suitable option for me. I'm going to have to work on getting in shape, though.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.