[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a freak for being mildly annoyed at my girlfriend's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20151206-WA0000.jpg (137KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151206-WA0000.jpg
137KB, 960x1280px
Am I a freak for being mildly annoyed at my girlfriend's constant compliments on how good looking I am?

Put yourself in my shoes. Your girlfriend is awesome and she clearly really cares about you a lot. But she just will not let up on letting you know how handsome you are. Incessantly.

I'm fascinated by the behaviour to be honest. Sure, the odd compliment is completely normal in a relationship, in fact it's very sweet and kind. But the way she goes on about this... It makes me wonder whether it's a cover for something else? Almost like she's either trying to convince herself of reasons she's with me, or trying to distract me from something simmering underneath?

Am I being insane? Are my thoughts warranted?
>>
File: wow.jpg (10KB, 285x287px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
10KB, 285x287px
Red flag OP. She actually thinks you're fucking ugly and is lulling you into a false sense of security before dumping your insecure ass. Consider yourself BTFO
>>
post pic op
>>
>>16550066
Wow it must suck being good looking. Fuck off please.
>>
>>16550066
Do the same to her you retard, dont be like "you too" tho
>>
>>16550066
>> But she just will not let up on letting you know how handsome you are. Incessantly

How incessant, like how often a day? Do you compliment her just as much or is it very one-sided?

Maybe you come off really insecure and she wants to reassure you.
>>
She probably just thinks you're really good looking/infatuated with your appearance

Or she might want you to compliment her back
>>
>>16550066
It's only a problem if she starts clamming up or puts herself down whenever you start to compliment her back, because that says she has some major deep-seated self-esteem issues. Putting your loved one on a pedestal like that is never a good thing and it's not healthy for the relationship.

However if she accepts your compliments back to her without issue and she's taking good care of herself, there's no issue. And in fact, if that's the case then this thread may be just a sign that you need some self-esteem boosts yourself, OP.
>>
File: char_47997.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_47997.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
>>16550066
>Hey Anon you're really cute
>Thanks gf
>Like really cute
>T-t-thanks
>Like really cute *eyes glancing towards bedroom*
>/adv/ what does this behavior imply? Something must be wrong.
>>
>>16550912
This.

Fuck, you're a retard OP.
>>
>>16550066
I dated a girl who eventually told me she only dated me for my looks. I didn't feel good, believe it or not. We broke up for other reasons. Your feelings are justified.
>>
>>16550066
"Wah! I'm good looking and get compliments for it! Wah!"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.