[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

moving to different countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1442173680526.png (232KB, 846x604px) Image search: [Google]
1442173680526.png
232KB, 846x604px
Hey /adv/ have you ever moved to a different country or continent?
how did it go?
I'm thinking about trying to move to canada and find a job up there
anyone done that before?

I'm sick of the US, and our backwards bullshit, I wanna go somewhere else

my parents have given me a couple of months to move the fuck out, so I'm getting a job to start saving ASAP, but wanna consider the possibilities here, especially if I'm being forced to move.
>>
File: 326519__poison-dart-frog_p.jpg (86KB, 923x606px) Image search: [Google]
326519__poison-dart-frog_p.jpg
86KB, 923x606px
Do you have a bachelor's degree?
>>
>>16548041
no
i'm working on it at the moment, although being kicked out is gonna fuck up my timestable
>>
File: Azureus.jpg (795KB, 1024x821px) Image search: [Google]
Azureus.jpg
795KB, 1024x821px
>>16548046
Even immigrant-friendly Canada requires that you have a job lined up there or a rare skill that not enough Canadians have.
>>
>>16548091
so should I attempt find a job up there first?
would I be able to "just go", then get a job once I'm there and attempt to stay?

i could very well have a skill canadians are lacking, is there a way I can find that out?
>>
>>16548100
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp
>>
>>16548108
shit, it's not looking promising.

it seems i can migrate as an artist of some sort, but that brings up the issue of being able to support myself with art
>>
>>16548028
Get a diploma first. Why would any country want you anyway?
>>
>>16548028
Have you ever seen any movies or TV shows set in America in the 1950s? That's Canada today, only colder.
>>
>>16548028
We really don't want backwards Americans here
>>
I moved around in Europe, to a country where I had no clue of it's culture or how to speak it's language.
I am terrible at learning the language and after all these years i can only just get by, still with a ton of problems.

As for work, it's hard, mostly because of how poorly i speak the language, although places that do require English will always ask for some sort of degree, which i don't have, of course if they are hiring a foreigner they want a smart one.

I have found here the best way to survive is to work for yourself or online. I work online and scratch by enough to survive.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.