[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me advice to fix this? It's really intervening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0988.jpg (398KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0988.jpg
398KB, 1280x960px
Can someone give me advice to fix this? It's really intervening my social life and confidence
>>
>>16547136
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
That looks pretty severe OP.

I'd make an appointment with my primary care doctor to see what can be done. They might refer you to a dermatologist if needed.
>>
>>16547136
Do they use steroid cream for this sort of thing? look into that.

also healthy lifestyle!
>>
>>16547136

Call Domino's and ask them how much they want for your face.

Someone gets a good meal, you get a clean face.
>>
Yea definitely see a doctor. Also drinking a fuck tonne of water (you should be peeing clear all day) and changing your pillow case every couple days will help
>>
OP, I had severe acne when I was younger.

First, it's not your fault. Doesn't matter how hard you scrub, your skin is betraying you but it isn't your fault.

Secondly, fuck the other kids. I assume you get made fun of? I did, very badly, and it fucked me up mentally. Try not to let it get to you.

Third, ask your parents to take you to a dermatologist. I was put on a medication called Acutane. It helped my acne considerable, but the side affects almost made it not worth it. My skin became dry and cracked and bled easily, I had severe mood swings and depression, and it may have fucked up my gut flora. I can't eat wheat anymore so I have to stick to a gluten free diet. Can't know for sure if it's related to the Accutane, but whatever.

Long story short, like others have said, see a doctor/dermatologist. But if they still use Accutane, be wary of it.
>>
Normally I advise people to avoid Accutane if they can. It's the acne drug of last resort for a reason, and should only be used for very painful or stubborn cases.

But after seeing that pic... I'm sorry, OP, but you may well be one of those cases that really needs it. See a dermatologist. I suggest waiting until spring to actually start taking Accutane, if you can possibly wait that long, but you do what you've got to do.
>>
>>16547136
I am sorry you're dealing with this. I haven't got any experience with acne but I know how other skin problems impact my life. I'd definitely see a primary care doctor for recommendation to a dermatologist. Best wishes, I'm sure it has a solution.
>>
>>16547136
I've had it bad before like that too OP. I still struggle with acne into my 20's. It has it's seasons, but it's mostly connected to my diet. Pizza, cereal, anything with high sugar and/or salt, will trigger a huge acne splurge within 24 hours. Also not washing my face immediately after a workout. I never went to a dermatologist, but if you want to I don't think it's a bad idea. I've just dealt with it so much in my life I kept track and experimented with what causes it for me.

What I use usually is some special face soap. It works all over the body though, not just your face.

Good luck OP
>>
What's your life style like?

You have to know that this isn't a problem that can be fixed over night or even over the course of weeks. It takes months and a lifestyle change (if you have an unhealthy one) to see visible effects. The key things to make sure you do is

1) Exercise. The body reacts very differently to a sedentary lifestyle than it does to an active one. You don't have to sweat but you do have to exert yourself.

2) Keep yourself. Acne's caused by bacteria on your skin. If you don't keep yourself the cleanest person, start. Look up some information about Acne to get a better idea about how it works. Face washes with salicylic acid face washes are pretty good at cleaning your skin but they have the unintended benefit of drying it out which also can cause outbreaks. I wouldn't go without it though.

3) Maintain a HEALTHY diet. This is one of the most important things. Your diet changes the hormone balance in your body. Crap meals will produce crap in your body. Don't follow the fads, just avoid junk food. Snacks should be that, snacks for occasional consumption, not a thing you eat often. I've gone so far as to avoid soda entirely and subsist on just water, tea, or juices unless I'm really craving a Fanta.

Unfortunately, your genes are something you can't control and it has a big impact on this issue. If that's the case, your only hope is to really see a doctor about this issue. Even then, prevention is better than a solution. Exercise, stay clean, and eat right to lower the rate of outbreaks.
>>
>>16547136
Literally become skelly.
>>
>>16547805
Why would the human body do this to itself?
>>
File: image.png (277KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
277KB, 640x1136px
>>16547136

OP. I know that feel. I got fucking so fed up with acne that I was losing my mind. So I decided to get it fixed and went to a dermatologist. And guess what. My acne is now almost complete gone. I did EXACTLY what she told me to do. And just take a look at the results yourself.

1/2 it looked way worse IRL
>>
I used to have cystic acne for almost a decade. I tried to live the perfect life to get rid of it and it didn't work, I tried all waahing and different diets...

In the end I took Acutane for a few months and it went away and meet came back. I waited till I was 20 and miserable, it started when I was 12. If you are a girl, you can get on birth control too to reduce it. I'm a guy so I took acutane.

Most people who give you health advice have only dealt with normal acne or no acne at all. That shit doesn't work. Get medication.
>>
File: image.png (269KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
269KB, 640x1136px
2/2

Just 9 days later OP.

You can do it. Go see a dermatologist. Make sure you do what they say. And listen to me on this part.. DO NOT GIVE UP. There is a point right when you start the meds where your acne will get WORSE. But that's because your skin is expelling all of the toxins. I almost quit. But I stuck with it. And after 6-7 days I could really see it clearing up

2/2
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.