[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting contacts, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Contactlenzen_Confortissimo.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Contactlenzen_Confortissimo.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting contacts, but I'm not sure. Should I? What are your experiences with contacts?
>>
Don't do it unless you want your vision to get even worse through a fucking eye infection.
>>
I love wearing contacts. Everyone's experience varies however. You can't really know how yours will be until you give it a try. If you have the money, get examined/fitted and buy a small quantity. You can order more if it goes well.
>>
>>16546614
I've never had them, but my boyfriend has. He prefers the convenience and ease of glasses
>>
>>16546622
[citation needed]

>>16546614
I've worn contacts for about 8 years now, and it beats the hell out of wearing glasses. It's a pain in the ass when you first get them but after you get used to essentially poking yourself in the eye every day, it's cool.

For what it's worth, my vision has stayed the same for years.
>>
I started with contacts, and wear them most of the time except when i'm home i'l switch to my glasses. my experiences with them are fine. Just make sure they are clean and you should have no problems
>>
I prefer contacts to glasses. There's more freedom. It's hard to stick em in at first, but you'll get better at it. It's fucking hell if you drop them because then your blind ass has to search for it and then disinfect it. You won't get an infection unless you don't take em out and disinfect them regularly.
>>
>>16546614 iv worn glasses for about 11 years now and I made the switch to contacts about a year ago. I prefer contacts over glasses but that my be because what I do (its hard to shoot or fish when you have fogged up rain covers glasses.). As well with that I like how the contacts don't get in the way of things or if I'm doing something active they don't fall off or get crushed. Contacts are gonna be pain in the ass to put in a first bit but you have to tough through that and just pit them in. It won't be as irritating. Oh and if you wear dailies, bring a extra pair in case they fall out.
>>
>>16546632

>For what it's worth, my vision has stayed the same for years.

Same.

I've had contacts for around a decade and my prescription hasn't changed at all in that time. No infection problems, either (if you get this, clean your fucking hands you slob) and it's gotten to the point where a lot of times I forget I even wear contacts anymore.

Also, they've improved dramatically over the years... in high school I could still feel them, especially when my eyes got dry, but now they're so well made that sometimes I even forget to take them out at night.

So yes, OP, do it if you want to. It takes some adjusting but it's worth it.
>>
>>16546622
You got an eye infection because you left them in for 3 days straight.
>>
They're relatively expensive.

I think I pay like like $120 for 6 month supply of contacts, $20 for two bottles of cleaning solution, and $10 for eye drops. So I probably spend like $300 a year.

For comparison, I had my same pair $800 pair of glasses (they were titanium--making them nigh indestructable, frameless, and photochromatic) for about 8 years.

Other than that, I've gotten pretty used to contacts and I like them. The only bad thing is when I'm drunk and pass out with them still in, but 99% of the time I've learned to auto-pilot take them out.
>>
I have both glasses and contacts and usually I prefer contacts over my glasses.
My only problem with contacts is on occasions they dry up in my eyes and makes it a bitch to focus on things. But I think that's only when I haven't cleaned them for a while.
>>
If you can, I'd definitely recommend it.

The feeling of having your whole field of vision corrected is amazing, unlike wearing glasses. Not to mention you can do a lot more that you wouldn't be able to do with glasses on (shower, swimming, sports, etc.), but I still like the feel of them better; having something on my eye rather than sitting on my face.

I'm not against wearing glasses though, I wear them at home and at times where I need the convenience of just taking them on and off, but I think it's best if you have both.

Go for it, OP.
>>
I have been wearing them for a couple of months now, I prefer them over glasses because I don't think about them and they don't bother me throughout the day. The trade off is the last thing I want to do at the end of the day is take them out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.