[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

**How do i give a fuck?**

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: BwB7jun-1.png (657KB, 768x770px) Image search: [Google]
BwB7jun-1.png
657KB, 768x770px
I'm in my late teens, living with my parents, and there is nothing i like to do. I mostly shitpost, browse reddit and play vidya to kill time, but none of it makes me happy. It's just an effective way to kill time.
I feel no desire to go to uni even though i could, i feel no desire to play a sport even though i could be decently competitive in a few of them, i feel no desire to play music even though i'm a decent bass player. How do i make myself give a fuck?
>>
>>16546214
You don't, you just suffer more and more until, hopefully, you realize it's your lack of action that is making you miserable, and you start making a change, being willing to sacrifice some short term escapism for a gain in reality.

Or you can wind up on /r9k/ never-never land and stay a child forever
>>
Don't use the internet for a week
>>
How about not giving about not giving a fuck?

Would you say you are complacent, bored, looking for something to do?

You don't need constant stimulus all the time. You can be perfectly fine with doing nothing.
>>
>>16546214
Find something you like and you like to put effort in. May it be work, sport or something, start little and set for higher goals
I think we all had that vidya time during our teens, nothing special I guess
>>
>>16546251
>Find something you like and you like to put effort in.

I've tried any video game, soccer, basketball, kung fu, fencing and baseball, singing, guitar, bass guitar.

>>16546234
>until, hopefully, you realize it's your lack of action that is making you miserable,

I have realized this, however i am not disciplined enough to do something i don't enjoy

>>16546244
>How about not giving a fuck about not giving a fuck?

But that's the whole point, i want to to have something im interested in, so that i am not completely boring, maybe i will have something to say sometimes and maybe i can have some friends again
>>
>>16546311
How about you start with a mini job like the guy who delivers the newspaper or something that will give you some direction. The first self earned money feels very good
>>
>>16546214

Go travelling. It actually ignited some love of life for me again and the confidence I gained from it has carried over, even though I've been back a couple of years now.
>>
>>16546311
>But that's the whole point, i want to to have something im interested in, so that i am not completely boring, maybe i will have something to say sometimes and maybe i can have some friends again

No one can tell you what you like or find that for you.

Start a business, learn a technique, finish a book. There's so much "quests" in the game of life :^)
>>
>>16546214

throughout much of history, doing something has always been its own motivation.

but in this day and age, we are born into a very comfortable world where we dont have to do much of anything. so when we get older there is no drive.
>>
>>16546317

I have a job as a bike courier for food. It doesnt inspire me but they pay good money and it doesn't suck.

>>16546325

My parents won't even let me go to a festival abroad with some people from my school, let alone let me travel alone
>>
>>16546342

If you're 18 or 19 then they don't have any say. If you're 16 or 17 then fair enough. Perhaps that's part of the problem, if they're controlling.
>>
>>16546351

I don't make enough money to live on my own, so they have a pretty big say in the matter considering they could just kick me out.

>>16546332

I guess i should just keep looking for something to do then.
>>
learn a language you lazy fuck
>>
>>16546376
Why would i?
>>
>>16546395
Not that guy but why wouldn't you?
>>
>>16546398
Because it takes a lot of effort that i might as well not expend when most people speak english anyway
Also school has mostly killed my desire to find fun in learning
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.