[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between shy and creepy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (4KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 125x93px
What's the difference between shy and creepy?
>>
>>16545792
whether or not you are attractive
>>
>>16545792
Attractive = shy
Unattractive = creepy
>>
"Shy" can mean anything from being uncomfortable to have the focus on yourself in a public situation to not opening up, but the one uncomfortable, ill-at-ease, you name it, is always yourself. It's just a little more work for people around you, but it isn't a nuisance like being creepy is. Creepy people make everyone around them uncomfortable, while they're sometimes totally fine themselves.

Of course you can be both creepy and shy. Maybe being shy puts you more at risk of being creepy since you're more likely to have a poor understanding of social norms, but they aren't necessarily linked either.
>>
>>16545846
How do creepy people make others uncomfortable? I look at people a lot
>>
>>16545915
how long do you look at them?
>>
>>16545928
Less than a second I guess but I keep doing it like 3-6 times s minute. They just ignore me though
>>
>>16545937
See, that's creepy.
Most people don't purposefully try to look at others like that.
>>
>>16545915
It depends. How do you look at them? Do you make eye contact? Is it socially acceptable where you live to look at people? If you're not smiling and not saying hello it can be creepy if you look at them.

>>16545937
Where do you do that? In the street, in class, at work? It's kinda creepy to keep looking at the same person, especially when they're in a environment where your attention isn't warranted (ie in class or at work).
>>
>>16545940
Am I less creepy if it's not sexual?
I just like to read people
>>
>>16545943
Usually when I'm waiting for somthing at work
>>
If the object of your attention identifies the situation as potentially sexual, then you will be labeled a creep regsrdless of your intentions.

Also wtf do you mean you like to "read" people??? You can't understand someone's thoughts by staring at them from across the room.

If you really enjoy "reading" people so much, have earnest conversations and try to get to know them better as individuals. Otherwise it's likely that any interpretation of their thoughts is more projection than reality.
>>
>>16545947
People are going to make assumptions regardless of your intents. Not staring at strangers for sexuals reasons is basically "how not to be a creep 101" anyway.

You should listen to >>16545957.
>>
>>16545812
>>16545812
>>
>>16545815
This.

New girls at work always think I'm creepy because I sit at my desk listening to music while doing my work quietly. Yes, I am considered creepy for doing my fucking job. Yet, once they talk to me a bit they realize I'm not a creeper. All because I'm fat and ugly. If I was attractive it'd be "Oh, who's that cute quiet guy?" instead of "Ugh, what's with that weird guy that just sits in his cubicle listening to music and working? So weird..."

I wish I was making this up.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>16545792
Looks. Do you really need to ask? You're wasting your time here. Even if you're shitposting.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.