[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got rejected by the girl of my dreams. She said it will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 269280_fluffy-potato_hank-hill.jpg (141KB, 900x832px) Image search: [Google]
269280_fluffy-potato_hank-hill.jpg
141KB, 900x832px
I just got rejected by the girl of my dreams. She said it will never happen between us. I don't think i will ever find anyone like her ever again. What should I do?
>>
>>16544372
Pick yourself up and go pursue other girls, its not like she was the last girl on earth.
>>
Stop buying into this notion that there is such a thing as a girl of your dreams.
>>
>>16544372
There are more than 7 billion people on this Earth. Odds are, there's more than one girl out there.
>>
>>16544372
Be happy she didn't become the girl of your nightmares, stringing you along for years, knowing the whole time that you two will never become anything more
>>
If you haven't even been with her, you don't even know her. She's just a person, not a dream.

Be glad she rejected you now instead of getting 6 months deep into disappointment and disillusionment.
>>
>>16544439
this.

the first thing you should do, immediately, is figure out how to stop projecting your fantasies onto women you barely know. she's not your fucking dream girl, she's whoever the hell she is. and that's it. that's all she has to be. you don't even know who that person is, and aren't really interested in finding out unless it reaffirms your own fantasy of who she is. she's not obligated to fulfill that fantasy for you, nor is any other woman. you need to stop seeing women as canvases to project your desires onto, and start seeing them as individuals. stop chasing a fantasy, and you won't be so disappointed all the time.
>>
Losing the girl of your dreams, maybe the best thing that ever happens to you OP. There is always plenty more fish in the sea.
>>
>girl of my dreams

No, she wasn't. Otherwise you would be together. How long have you known her before being rejected?
>>
>Girl of my dreams

Yeah, I remember telling myself that once. Putting someone on that much of a plinth is toxic, lad. Not to mention entirely false seeing as lust blocks out any source of logic or factual reasoning.

Your priorities in women will change, as will your overall type and preference. Just don't do what I did and ruminate alone in your room for 8 months, it very nearly ruined my life for absolutely no reason. Hit the gym, self-improve and focus on yourself. Keep fucking busy and DON'T contact her. She may well contact you if she sees how you've changed.
>>
>>16544439
6? Try 9.
I thought I'd never connect with someone like that again (cus we were pretty good friends, just not penis->vagina type of friends).
Decided to cut her out of my life, moped around a couple months.
Now rarely even think about her (although it was dumb to throw her out of my life, I'm just not mature enough to deal with it).
Started just going out more, chatting up girls, rejection (after being stuck for 9 months) seems like nothing, I get over it in 1 day (I'd rather immediately, but I'm okay with a day for now).
Just don't reminisce about her endlessly.
>>
>>16544956
Do you think it's possible to be friends with her again? Because this happened to me too.
>>
>>16544961
No. Why would I do that?
>>
>>16544969
because you miss her(?)
>>
You're going to get a bunch of truism about self improvement from some genuinely sympathetic but misunderstanding people and lots of vitriol from other people (women) who get really flustered at the idea that men also deserve companionship because they might be the ones who have to settle for an average person like you. If by girl of your dreams you mean someone who met a preconceived notion of perfection, you'll get it over it fine. Those ideas of beauty are mercurial and you're bound to change tastes (unless they're rooted in values) and meet a girl who fulfills your new ideals eventually. If you meant it as in a platonic solid, that you fell so hard for her she became the definition and standard of beauty and femininity your mind, that you found yourself in long mundane fantasies and cataloged her every desirable trait, it's not going to be alright. Limerent bonds are very hard and very painful to break and when they do they take most of you with them. Hopefully happiness and the ability to pair-bond still exist after this because the mind can only invest so much affection. Or to put it in more recognizable notions, love and our ability to love is not infinite, hopefully you'll have some left.
>>
>>16544969
Thanks, but I can answer my own questions.
>>16544961
I think it would be, and if it worked, it'd be an even stronger friendship, if you could get past wanting a relationship again.
But, in my case, I moved cities, and in a couple years will move literally to the opposite side of the planet, so it'd be unlikely that I'd ever meet her in person again. So I won't do it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.