[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in one of THOSE groups. Five people and I've done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 3cd8a33a.png (152KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
3cd8a33a.png
152KB, 500x282px
I'm in one of THOSE groups. Five people and I've done all my own work, all the work of one of my classmates, and half the work of another classmate.

We are presenting research data in class and so far as I can see the only person who's submitted any work is me. I can either fuck them all and just rock my section and look like a douche and an idiot or put in an all nighter and put this whole damned thing together so we don't look like fucktards.

I've put in more than my fair share but if I don't do far more our group is going to suck ass.
>>
File: AreYou Mugwump.png (102KB, 250x317px) Image search: [Google]
AreYou Mugwump.png
102KB, 250x317px
So? As long as your grade is an A and you learned a lot, why are you upset?
>>
>>16544161
It's gonna suck and we're going to be the laughing stock of the class.

I finished on Saturday but one of the guys submitted data on Onedrive so unrelated to our research I had to rewrite his entire section all night and one of the other guys stole 1/4 of my work when he complained I wasn't leaving him with enough. He was probably right.

We're going to look like retards if I drop out now. We're going to look like brain damaged retards.
>>
>>16544156
Your classmates don't give a flying fuck what you look like presenting your shit. In fact, they aren't even listening. They're playing on their laptops and thinking about what shitty stir fry ingredients they'll throw together at the cafeteria that night.

Present the work you did and stop giving a shit what the others do. Talk to your professor before you present and explain the situation so they know what's going on.
>>
>>16544199

This will depend on your professor. I've actually done this and my professor basically said "doesn't matter that you did your individual work. the point of a group assignment is for the group to succeed, even if it's one person pulling all the weight for the sake of the group"

If they're presenting their individual pieces of research, let them. You'll look fine if that's what you're worried about, but they won't.
>>
>>16544192
>we're going to be the laughing stock of the class.
Freshman detected.

except for the people you share your major with, it's not like high school where you have the same base group of peers all thre way through.

People will forget about it, and you, as soon as finals are over.
>>
>>16544218
lol what a retard, shit like this is why I never assign group projects to my students
>>
>>16544343
I'm a 30 year old senior and this is an Earth Materials class for geo and Enviro majors. I had one of these guys in hydro last year so I knew he'd be a problem but figured the rest of us could ignore him. We got put with a foreign student who can hardly communicate and can't write and a twenty year old kid who can't do anything on his own.

Will take the advice to just fuck em but I'll be working with these guys in classes again for certain
>>
File: mugwump_vol9-iss7_0001.jpg (2MB, 2496x3423px) Image search: [Google]
mugwump_vol9-iss7_0001.jpg
2MB, 2496x3423px
>>16544393
Look, do all the work, it's their loss.
>>
>>16544156
Do your part brilliantly. Leave them to their own devices.
>>
>>16544192
Shame will never kill you.

I wish I had your mental fortitude and confidence, and motivation to actually do any shit at all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.