[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I go out to eat with family or friends unless they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Whenever I go out to eat with family or friends unless they're really close friends, I always end up getting up and walking away to the bathroom to just stand there and fake using the bathroom to get away from the social interaction. It doesn't scare me its just so infuriating the kinds of things some people talk about. So empty and boring. Anyone else do similar things? How do you stop doing this?
>>
>>16543358
That's basically a riff off 'Everyone is dumb but me'.
>>
>>16543371
But I love other people and I genuinely have respect for them. Maybe not their intelligence sometimes, but isn't it just that I have nothing in common with these people? People just talk about shit that's on the news and sports. Or what's big in pop icons.
>>
I have done what you just described. I am an extroverted introvert, it's a terrible mix honestly.
>>
>>16543398
How does that work?
>>
>>16543435

This pretty much covers it.

http://www.lifehack.org/297304/19-real-life-examples-extroverted-introvert-you-dont-get-confused

I get energy from being alone, and often want to be alone. Love being alone, people drain me but I still want to be social with the right type of humans. And when I do everyone think I am super extroverted because in the right setting I really am.
>>
>>16543358

it sounds like you take yourself too seriously. you likely talk about stupid shit all the time, maybe just with people you are close to. or perhaps you consider the stuff you like to be serious. i imagine theres some not so popular thing you like that you could talk about for days with someone.

to other people, you might sound like the guy who only says empty and boring shit.

>>16543371

pretty much this.

>>16543386

>maybe not their intelligence

intelligence says little about what you have in common with people.

>news

news is current events, discussing what is happening in the world around you and sharing perspective is perhaps the most intellectual thing one can do. granted there is shit tier news what with the 24 hour news cycle, but it sounds to me you have a superiority complex.

sure you love people... like a little sibling. too dumb to be of real use to you.

this just in, you're no that smart.
>>
>>16543488
Only some of this sounds like me. Though I hate the way that article is written. I hate the feeling of "YOU'VE GOT TO UNDERSTAND AND APPRECIATE HOW SPECIAL OF A SNOWFLAKE BUTTERFLY I AM" it gives off.
>>
>>16543542
Maybe you're right. But maybe you're wrong. People usually love talking to me from what I can tell. Even normal people. It's just exhausting. I can't really think of anything that I could talk to someone about for days. Maybe sociology or polotics, but that's because there is so much resource materal.

I don't have any siblings and I'm not some fedora level edge lord like you seem to be >implying

Why would I care if someone is of use to me?

On your point of talking about news, people only talk about MUH terrorism and MUH Kardashians or MUH sports. More what you were saying about 24/7 news.
>>
>>16543571

>people usually love talking to me from what i can tell

thats fine and all, but maybe hwen they go to the bathroom, they're just standing there.

>what would i care if someone is of use to me

the way you say talk about other people's conversations and intelligence implies that if they arent up to some intelligent standard than they are too beneath you to engage in conversation with, therefore are of no use to you (conversationally)

sounds to me like you're just too bland.
>>
>>16543358
I do shit like this all the time OP.

>eating dinner with the wife's family.
>Everyone chatting and having fun time.
>as soon as it is social acceptable I grab my plate and anything eld that needs cleaning and go to the kitchen
>start doing the dishes and stuff just to get the fuck away from them.

I don't hate them nor do I find them anoying , I just want to be alone most of the time .
>>
>>16543592
Nah I don't think people do that. Also I'm not nearly as jaded as you seem to think I am. You sure you're not projecting?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.