[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where do i get 'ambition'??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1274182618310.jpg (13KB, 330x258px) Image search: [Google]
1274182618310.jpg
13KB, 330x258px
>graduated from top 20 public uni (public ivy, #1 in state) 6 months ago
>got a mediocre job making websites for $15/hr
>current job is very low-stress and easy, have enough energy to work out a lot after work, plenty of time to sleep (10-12hrs a night)
>slowly lose the will to work, come in later and later and work only about 5-6 hours per day now
>only costs of living are food [$200/mo], gas [$50/mo], rent [$350/mo], and occasional weed
>sell speed on the side for a little extra cash
>have a car, nice TV and PC
>don't really know what else to spend my money on
>probably will never get a gf because i am boring as fuck, have no hobbies, and wouldn't be able to buy her lots of nice stuff
>don't really care to improve my situation because i'm comfortable and don't have expensive habits
>feel like my life has no meaning or purpose, spend almost my entire weekends laying in bed
>parents keep pestering me about getting a new job with benefits and health insurance because "that's what you want"
>don't really want to do any job that requires more effort because i don't even have a use for lots of money
>probably will just let myself die if i get a serious medical condition that costs a lot to treat
>not sure if depressed, really bored, or just tired of living

i don't really see the point in trying harder desu. is there any point, really?

i don't make very much money but i don't worry about my bank account it's just growing very slowly
>>
Medical insurance
>>
Sounds like you're either bored or depressed. You have to find something that interests you that you want to dedicate your life to. Most people get in relationships for this kind of thing. You're just making money you don't have any need for which feels empty. Personally I buy musical equipment but I still feel the way you do all the time and I'm married.

I went to oregon for vacation and for the first time I felt like I knew why I was working to make money. Try something like that.
>>
Something is missing from your life.
Change something.
>>
>>16543328
>I buy musical equipment but I still feel the way you do all the time and I'm married.
so a gf probably wouldn't even fix this?
i never had one so i wouldn't know

>>16543361
wish i knew what. all i can think of is getting a gf but what girl wants to be with some guy that has no interests/hobbies/ambition and even then i never had a gf so i don't know how it would be
>>
>>16543765

>graduated from top 20 public uni (public ivy, #1 in state) 6 months ago
>got a mediocre job making websites for $15/hr

U wut m8? I know interns from a shit public school making more than that.
>>
im going to assume you graduated from UC Berkeley

how do you have a $15 hour job, you know that people are fighting for minimum wage to be that amount right lmfao
>>
>>16543773
i'm not joking. i got a business (economics) degree and applied to like 50 places and the only call back i got was a web design company because i put HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript on my resume. funny thing is i learned that stuff in high school

but, like i said, part of the appeal of this job is how relaxed and laid-back it is. i don't really have much use for money besides food and a place to sleep (i have everything i need) so i just feel content at the moment. i haven't applied anywhere in months
>>
>>16543791
i graduated from UF which is ranked #14 here

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

>how do you have a $15 hour job, you know that people are fighting for minimum wage to be that amount right lmfao

yeah that's ridiculous but minimum wage here is only $8
>>
>>16543314

you made it so there isn't much to be ambitious about, especially with such low rent.

perhaps what you should do is something thats ambitious, but fun. something where doing it is its own reward.

i work five hours a day as well, making slightly less than you do, so have lots of spare time. even with friends, cuz i only see them once maybe twice a week.

so all my spare time goes into making independent films and web series. nothign serious, just for fun. it gives me something to work towards with goals and planning and such.

maybe you'll draw comics, write a book, join a league, etc.
>>
>>16543314
Your depressed because I have the same problem. Lack of ambition. You cant find it sitting here, you have to go out and look for what it is.
>>
>>16543811
UF is not "public ivy" you dumb fuck
>>
>>16543908
http://www.universityreview.org/list-of-public-ivy-schools/

even if it isn't, it's the highest ranked uni (public or private) in florida.

my parents aren't rich enough for me to go out of state, it's ranked #14 here:
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public
>>
Stanford faggot?

Dude, you're in a sweet spot. Take up a sport or learn how to shoot a rifle properly. Or play the piano. You can always look for places to invest your money.
Don't be a waste man! I would kill to be in your spot
>>
>>16544037
>sport
i lift 5x a week. i dont like exercise so i opt for what is most time efficient

>hunting
yeah i want to do that, but i live in an apartment and i have a small car so i can't transport or store deer meat.

i know i'm fortunate to not have to worry about shit but my life feels empty and boring. meh
>>
>>16544068
>public ivy
>not referring to Miami, a UC, or UT

Come on man..don't kid yourself. Ultimately it's the networking in college that matters most. Yeah, you got that degree. But so did ??? Many other students? What makes you so special?
>>
>>16544614
my ability to do work well and make a company profits isn't affected by who i know. yeah i don't have an expansive network of older adults who have years of work experience, everyone i know is about my age and either just graduated or still taking classes. i'm not like that one kid who dropped out but it's fine because his dad owns an accounting firm. yeah i knew a kid like that, just smoked spice and did robitussin every day. maybe he is more deserving than me because of his daddy, oh well. i never understood the whole "networking" thing. i guess i just wasn't cut out to make it :'(
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.