[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always been fairly skinny. Never happy with my weight,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I've always been fairly skinny. Never happy with my weight, but pretty thin. I've suffered w severe depression my whole life which escalated earlier this year when I attempted suicide. I do not live at home, I live in another country. My boyfriend, who intervened on my suicide attempt, made me go to the doctor, who put me on a new medication. The medication worked amazingly, however there's a catch. The medication can (and has) caused weight gain. My diet hasn't changed but I've put on quite a bit of weight. Still nowhere near life threatening, but its very visible.

I am currently working at putting the pieces of my life back together (or really, find them in the first place, as I feel like I'm starting life from scratch) Every day is spent trying to get a placement for the course to get onto a career or even just applying for jobs. I also perform housewife duties as my boyfriend works every day. I eat what I want as I'm still fragile and want to take everything one step at a time.

However. Earlier this year I went back home for a funeral and my parents were ashamed at my weight gain. They told me I had to fix it. They said they almost didn't want me to go to the funeral (which I flew home for) because of it. That was about 4 months ago and I've not been home since. Stupidly I decided to go home for Christmas. In 2 weeks I have to fly back for them to see I am still equally as fat. I had started going to the gym 3 times a week, but that quickly ended when I got huge guilt about doing anything that wasn't looking for work.

I just got off the phone to my father who warned me that I better have lost the weight or there will be hell to pay at Christmas. I again explained about the medication and birth control combo that makes it very difficult, but he told me I was lying.

Basically how do I get through christmas at home with my parents constantly telling me what a fat fuck I am and how they don't want me to be seen by anyone?
>>
Also there's not enough time to lose any dramatic amount of weight (leaving on the 17th)
>>
No one has any advice?
>>
Any thyroid problem?
>>
>>16541837
Talk back. Tell them to fuck off and if they don't like you for what you're currently going through, why should you bother with what they say?

If they still understand, Cut Them Out. I did it with my brother and we haven't talked in months and I couldn't be any more relaxed. If there are people that are bringing you down, screw them. Even if their blood, sometimes it just ends there.
>>
>>16541952
Haven't been checked. Never had issues with weight gain before in my life. This medication is known to cause weight gain
>>
>>16541959
I'm fairly fragile at the moment, how do I shut them down and end conversation when trapped in the same house?

The biggest thing I am worried about is Christmas Dinner, something I was really looking forward too. But I am scared they will ration me a tiny plate while commenting constantly on how disfigured I am
>>
>>16541975

Tell them the weight is a result of new medication. You're talking with the doctor about changing your prescription, as well as trying to get into a gym, but between the guilt of not having a job and your other problems make it a challange.

Tell them to bear with you, for the time being, while you work things out.
>>
>>16541960
Tell them you're on medication and to fuck off. Then start pointing out their flaws.
>>
>>16541985
>>16541986
What do I do if at Christmas dinner they literally refuse me food? They refused me food when I was back last time but I didn't really care because I was only there for a day or two
>>
>>16541837

You got fucked up parents OP. They sound crazy
>>
>>16542039
I guess it just comes from them wanting me to be healthy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.