[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

bf won't dance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 12

Me and my bf are together three years now. We get along great, but we always have problems because we are fundamentally different in one aspect - He's a quiet type, and I'm outgoing and physical. Its an ongoing frustration.
The thing where this hurts most is with dancing. I just love dancing. I love watching couples dancing, and now that I finally found the man I want to be with, I want to dance with him, share that euphoria with him. But he won't. He says he feels awkward, and that's that.

Its not a small thing for me. When we go out and listen to music we both like, I see all those couples dancing and having a blast, and I can't fucking join. I have to stay sitting like a granny. It makes me feel like a wallflower, and it makes me look at my bf like he was plain and uninteresting.
Dancing is not only fun, it is also ver attractive. It basically means a man is confident, physically fit, social, curageous, happy... In my mind, men who dance are top-tier, and I think most women would agree. Seeing my bf incapable of it makes me very disappointed.

I do try to inspire him now and then, like I try and not sit down but stand in a bar, so I can move a little. He sometimes bobs his head to the beat - but when I go up to him start dacing a bit more "with him" he freezes up and does not even try.

> tl;dr: long-term bf just won't dance, this sucks.

How do you see this? If you are male, do you dance, and if no, why not? I'm sure you see the fun of dancing too, I think ist mostly shyness. What would help you overcome this shyness?
>>
>>16541464
>It basically means a man is confident, physically fit, social, curageous, happy
It could have a myriad of other reasons. Bad experiences in the past, thinking it's below him and he's making a clown of himself, bad sense of rythm, or he is simply afraid that he's bad at it because he lacks experience.
>>
File: 1416073108712.png (228KB, 395x385px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416073108712.png
228KB, 395x385px
I don't dance ever. Even when I went to school dances or concerts, it just feels awkward and looks weird. I don't know anyone who dances regularly but my friends dance when they're fucked up. Makes me feel really bored because I'm just fucked up, standing up, watching them dance. I just can't do it.
>>
>>16541475
I don't look at people who dance in a clumsy way and think nasty things. That's a dick move, like making fun of a fat person in the gym. I am happy that people enjoy the music so much they want to move, that's all.

Maybe he thinks people are judging him. But dancing is not a contest, its for fun only, who cares what others think?
>>
>>16541499
He cares about what you think. You just said that if a man dances that means to you that he is confident, fit, etc... so you do make a judgement. Being clumsy and awkward is social suicide for men. They learn that pretty early on.
>>
>>16541464
>euphoria

... euphoria? literaly? from like, moving in the middle of a room? euphoria?

look, most guys dont dance, men just dont have that ...thing going, if they do dance its cauze of women, to attract them or wathever, you will practicaly never see a group of men hanging out somewhere dancing, it does not happen, unless one of them is especialy flamboiant or they are somesort of silly subculture like those fags that breakdance

to most men dancing is either a thing they do, like in certain moments, or it just is not a thing, and they do not dance

if you realy want him to inconvenience and embarras himself for your sake just enroll the both of you into some dance class, theres a fucking million of them at any given point

but he wont like it, hell do it for you, he might even get good at it, but he wont like it

>Dancing is not only fun, it is also ver attractive. It basically means a man is confident, physically fit, social, curageous, happy... In my mind, men who dance are top-tier, and I think most women would agree

seriously? women see shit this way? seriously? what... jesus fucking a goat
>>
>>16541499

see, you have it all wrong
its embarrasing, it make one selfconscious and insecure
its putting yourself on display in a uncomfortable way and in public and since to most men it is NOT fun, and as you say not a contest, a lot of people simply avoid it and dont dance, that simple
>>
>>16541464
jesus wtf
>>
>>16541510
/thread
>>
ill dance but not around other people.
>>
>>16541499

> making fun of fat people in the gym

only if they are walking slowly for 5 minutes before chatting for am hour drinking sodas. Other than that you can shut the fuck up. Any fat cunt that's pushing themselves to change deserves a little respect.

You hear that neets some of us want you to change for the better.
>>
>>16541506
Yes, euphoria. That's why people dance. Its like cheering with your body.
I know a few guys who dance. I know in the internet/games/nerdculture its more rare so you maybe think its rarer than it actually is. Many men like to dance, I bet your grampa does/did. Either just for fun or to look good for girls, it makes no difference. Itf a fun to move and look sexy.

> dance class
I thought about this, but I don't know... I don't want to torture him. I know he would hate being exposed like this.

And yes, dancing is attractive as fuck. Dancing is the closest himans have to a mating ritual.
>>
Dance class might be a good idea.
I can't dance for shit when I'm supposed to like improvise naturally, but with a fixed set or rules, as with a more traditional dance, I'm not so bad at it, and since I'm not so bad at it, it's more fun. No one likes to do something they're bad at, especially around people that are better than them, but in a dance class, everyone's a beginner.
>>
>>16541580
hm, if you put it that way...
He did mention other people being way better, maybe a dance class would be good after all. Just so he could lose his shyness.
>>
Dancing with a girl who is a significantly better dancer is really awkward and therefore unpleasant in my experience. And that's coming from a guy who doesn't dislike dancing in general.

If it's a partner dance where the woman just follows along it also gets boring for the woman, or so I've heard.

A dance class could work, but I wouldn't set my hopes too high. Probably it won't work.
>>
>>16541572

>internet/games/nerdculture

see youre allready judging
i spend most free time hanging out in my neiborhood, with ordinary people, working class people relaxing, friends sitting around drinking and people selling and buying substances, and from the whole range of people, from working joes to ''nerdculture'' types, from students to neets from autists to tracksuit wearing 'locals', almost no one dances, unless hes realy a character, like that one dude that trains fucking MMA, or unless its a occasion, like if you go out in a club it is expected that you dance a little, and even so most dont, actualy, they just ''move in rithm''

i seriously doubt my grandpa liked to dance, he considered most contemšporary music to be some form of foreign infiltration, and folk dances where he was from vere a standardised ritual performance of sorts

in fact i would say that most men i know that actualy dance on a regular basis have one or all of these three things in common

they either;

>are buffed up alpha-as-fuck dudes that dont give any fucks and will just as readily start throwing punches as dance, the kind that will just walk up to a girl in a supermarket and actualy get her number

>are on drugs, both generaly, and specificaly while dancing, specificaly with substances such as cocaine, methamphetamines, MDMA or extasy or that new gay shit that just started picking up

>are gay, as in homosexual, as in literaly, as such

so, maybe get him to take some MDMA then some Meth and he just might start dancing, or start a fight
no ofense but the more i get to undesratnd how you women think the more my own thinking becomes hardline and chauvinist

i genuinely wish it wasnt so but...
>>
File: gay.jpg (171KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gay.jpg
171KB, 500x375px
In my yoot, I wasn't particularly handsome, was shy and awkward and in all honors-level classes (I don't know what that's called today. AP?) and worked on my dad's fishing boat, so I couldn't do sports... but I wasn't a faggot.

Let me be clear. Dancing as an emotional outlet is faggotry. Dancing to get the girl? That's OK. It's a courtship ritual, and every guy should know the moves, even to the point of taking lessons if there's in innate talent for it as an effective way to differentiate oneself. I married a Brazilian woman. Knowing how to samba beforehand was a big surprise to her. I'm by no means a dancer or dancing enthusiast. I took a class because I wanted to screw the instructor in college. Which I did.

But to be clear, I learned that shit because it helped get me laid. No other reason. The only thing fun about dancing is taking a woman's drawers off afterwards.

TL;DR: dancing can get you laid. It's a useful skill. Dancing for fun is for women and gay men.
>>
>>16541625
This, that's the only reason to do anything, to be honest.

>>16541464
You should find a new "dance" partner; someone that appreciates you.
>>
>>16541608
>biology lesson time adv.

Testosterone is the most powerful aphrodisiac scientists have discovered.

When men sweat they litteraly flood their sweat with this hormone and infact in any situation that you may find yourself aroused in, your body automatically starts producing that hormone as to attract a mate be it male or female.

When you dance with a woman ane she is enjoying it there is a high chance her body is producing dopamine (spelling?) which is knowen for being the bonding and pairing hormone (it makes you feel super good aswell.)

So automatically (from a females perspective) finding a mate is really easy when they make you happy and horney. And dancing does that to women when ysed in combination of testosterone + dopamine (again, spelling? ).

In other words if your alone and a neet but dont go out dancing .... you really should....
>>
>>16541649
I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't feel like reading up on that shit right now, but don't try to act like you know shit if you don't even know how to spell it.
>>
>>16541658
I can spell fine lol.
Im on a phone and stoned af ;)
Not everyone here is a neet faggot some of us went to college and fucking did shit with themselves ^_^
>>
My boyfriend doesn't dance either, but neither do I so it's fine.
>>
>>16541649

>embarasing yourself so that a woman would smell you...

i get laid just fine just talking to women

also, as a culture in general we are way to obsesed with what turns women on

who gives a fuck?
if we werent so keked about this sort of shit, women would just have to conform to wathever suits us, not them, and they would conform, as they did trough countles centuries and generations, because thats what women generaly do, if were going into the whole biochemistry thing - its what estrogene and oxitocine ''do'' they conform and cooperate, if the right ques are given
>>
>>16541713
>i get laid just fine just talking to women
>also, as a culture in general we are way to obsesed with what turns women on
kek
So you get laid by not turning women on?
>>
>>16541714

no, i get into actual interactions with them, and as we communicate and get closer i see weather shes interested or not, and if she is interested we often end up getting together as we obviously both want it, which is what we communicate to each other, as we interact, trough things like words used, eye contact, touch etc...
>>
My boyfriend is so awkward when he dances, and he always busts the same lame-looking moves, but I like his confidence, I get you OP.
Encourage him to dance when it's just the two of you alone, and perhaps he'll open up to it slowly.
>>
>>16541464
I also hate dancing and I hate you
Dancing is literally the dumbest and most pointless thing a person can do
"HURR IMA MOVE MY BODY TO MUSIC"

Get a better hobby
>>
>>16541649 does not negate this; >>16541608

>are buffed up alpha-as-fuck dudes that dont give any fucks and will just as readily start throwing punches as dance

>are on drugs, both generaly, and specificaly while dancing, specificaly with substances such as cocaine, methamphetamines, MDMA or extasy or that new gay shit that just started picking up

>are gay, as in homosexual, as in literaly, as such

this describes the majority of men who dance, except for the ones like >>16541625 who do it as a chore, a way to get womens attention and othervise would not dance in public
>>
>>16541464
Dude here.

I know exactly how he feels, but I on the other hand do want to dance. I don't like dancing very much since it does feel embarrassing and I'm not a good dancer anyways. And I got all of that negative stuff from past experiences from trying to dance.

It's very likely something in his past made him dislike/hate/fear dancing, you two just need to talk it out, and if you can, try doing some super easy dances together alone where no one can see you two at first so he could start liking it.

I really hope you two can maintain your relationship together.
>>
>>16541537
Same, unless everyone else is dancing and people won't even notice you.
>>
>>16541608
> drug him
kek.

> the more I get to understand women the more I hate them
I didn't even say something that could offend men. Or do you mean because I said dancing is more attractive than not dancing...? Isn't that a no-brainer? I mean if you are at a wedding and everyone is dancing and looking great, but your girl isn't... wouldn't that bother you a little too? Women who dance look awesome. So do men who dance. Its just an attractive activity.
Men and women are different, but make good teams. Hating eachother is kinda stupid.
>>
>>16541649
I think this nigga gets it.
>>
If he really just hates dancing I think you have to accept this and just move on. Think about it, there are probably things that he'd also like you to do with him that you just aren't going to do (if none, good for you).

If he has any desire to but is inhibited by whatever reason, encouraging him might have the opposite effect of what you want. Best to just let it happen naturally. I also like singing and dancing but as soon as someone starts trying to encourage or egg me on, I clam up right away.
>>
>>16541725
yes, but this is not about getting laid/getting to know eachother. I already love my bf. It's about having fun with him, and connecting with him trough movement, fun and music. Also it makes him sexy when he is alpha enough to dance. He thinks I look sexy when dancing too, why not do it together?

>>16541729
>>16541743
Thank you. I do sometimes dance at home just for fun. Sometimes he tries and wiggles a little too. Hey, maybe we could even practice some traditional dances together at home! I'm sure that would be fun and maybe I can get him to try it out when we go out together and a fitting song comes on! Maybe that makes him less shy.
> I really hope you two can maintain your relationship together
We overcame most problems, I'm sure we'll find a way to work around this one too. I like the guy.

>>16541731
why so salty
>>
>Get a new boyfriend
>force him to change who he was before you met him
>think this is right and normal

I bet if he forced you to do something you didn't like you would complain and break up with him if he kept it up. Stop being stupid OP.
>>
Well I personally don't dance for a couple of reasons.
One, I know I'm not very good at it. Sometimes I'll just dance and do whatever I feel like, if someone thinks I'm a shitty dancer who cares. Chances are whoever I'm dancing with will be entertained by how goofy it is and they'll appreciate the attempt. Because of this, it's totally possible to convince me to dance even though I'll refuse at first.
Secondly, I get really hot and sweat really easily. I suppose this is probably due to me being a bit out of shape despite being a skinny guy. But because of that I avoid dancing just so I don't look like a drenched animal.
>>
Sit down with him somewhere quiet and talk to him about how you feel when other couples are dancing and you guys can't join in. Explain to him how much it means to you.

From there ask if he'd be willing to make some kind of compromise like taking dancing lessons together or at least dancing indoors in the private of your own home with you to music for now. And suggest that once he feels more confident in his ability to dance, perhaps you could try dancing together in public. Be patient, encouraging, supportive, and reassuring, he's going to need you to help heavily in this. We all have something we feel insecure about, even if we can overcome it. Some people have more trouble doing so than others and need support along the way.
>>
This is why I don't meet girls in clubs. If you meet a girl in a club, chances are she's not just there on the same night as you by coincidence. Chances are she goes often and enjoys it, eventually she'll have you going with her to do something you probably don't like to do but you forced yourself to under the pretense of meeting a girl. If you don't like to dance and don't want to go, she's still going to go. You can't ask her not to or you're a selfish cunt. So she goes alone, and eventually she'll meet another guy who can dance and he'll sweep her up away and fuck her.
>>
I think it's somehow a matter of pride. When I see people dancing, I cringe massively. Imagining doing the same movements someone dancing in front of me does makes me die inside. It's an awful feeling, like one has to undress completely in a bunch of people. For me it's just impossible and no amount of pussy in the world would make me do that shit.
>>
>>16541802
If you think you start a relationship and never ever encounter problems, I got news for you...
Working around problems is the only way to stay in a relationship for longer than a year. If you two still love eachother and want to stay together, you figure out how to best live with the problem. Its like politics sometimes. I'm not trying to change him, I want to work out a compromise.

There's no 100% perfect match for anyone out there. Love is not the intense feeling you get when you first fall in love, its a deep connection that arises when that first passion has cooled down. Then, companionship and peace take its place.

I know I sound like a mom but that's how I see it
>>
I'm a guy and I'll dance occasionally, like at a wedding or some shit, but I'm cognizant that I'm not really any good at it. I have trouble following the rhythm, and memorizing or even focus in on dance moves. (For example: the Cupid shuffle. They literally SAY WHAT TO DO and I still can't get it right.) It makes me look like a moron. Not that I mind that from time to time, but it impacts whether or not I find it fun.

I'd have a very hard time becoming a regular dancer regardless of how much I liked my girlfriend, and I'd be against dance classes.
>>
>>16541790
>Also it makes him sexy when he is alpha enough to dance
>doing some shitty pleb tier activity he hates to appease some demanding cunt
>alpha

Yeah, not really babe. Dancing is stupid and not enjoyable for lots of people. It's not fitness or awkwardness or not being happy or whatever bullshit you have concocted because you can't accept your boyfriend doesn't like an activity you do.

Offer to wear thongs maybe, he might come around.
>>
>>16541608
Jesus, this why people make fun of white people dancing, dancing feels good the same way running or any physical activity do. People like dancing because they like music or rhythm, if you can dance its fine but dont get so defensive about it
>>
>>16541858
This is why you shouldn't forced him to change that aspect of him. If he hates dancing, then don't fucking pressure him like that to change that. Learn to apply what you just wrote to yourself and deal with him not wanting to dance.
>>
OP I'm sorry but you sound like a demanding bitch. You're lucky he's still with you.
>>
>>16541666
>Those passive aggressive emoticons
>That outright aggressive nonsequitur
Confirmed mad as fuck. I'm stoned because some of us actually did shit with ourselves? Really? That was the best you could come up with?
>>
>>16541666
>doing drugs
>acting all high and mighty

This is what kids do nowadays. Grow up please.
>>
>In my mind, men who dance are top-tier
>In my mind

here is your problem

its just an activity people like or dislike. its your problem you based your identity on this activity.

if you really see this as a serious problem i fucking envy you. i guess you live a careless life.

id like to be pissed off because of something trivial...
>>
the only dancing i ever did was either mosh pits (if you count it as dancing lel) or hardbass dancing type of thing

everything else just makes you an instant homosexual
>>
>>16541889
This. He, like 90% of guys, thinks dancing is stupid and pointless.
>>
Force him to go to a salsa dancing class with you
>>
>>16541464
>2015
>people still dance
wtf
>>
>>16541464
Maybe the dude doesn't like to dance, what's so hard to comprehend? If you can't accept that and is a huge problem, then maybe you should break up because he will probably be better off without a girl being like that. I know plenty of people who dance and they have shit self-esteem.

I don't dance, I've done it a few. If I was too learn, I would like to do hip hop/ break dancing, my sisters bf knows a good amount. I'll dance if I'm drunk or genuienly want to make an ass of myself to make people laugh because who cares? But I'm like a fish out of water and I'm latin so dancing is a must in the culture, if you're rythmless or just suck on the floor, you may as well be autistic, but there's always a female willing to teach you. Fuck that shit, I just like to chill. I'm not even that into spanish music to be honest.

>pic related: this motherfucker just served my sucka ass.

On the humorous side, play this to him. LL Cool J knows how to say it best.
https://youtu.be/4-lVMICwiOI
>>
Guy here

I don't dance. You can't drag me to the dance floor and make me do it... people have tried.

Here's the thing though (and this might just be me): I would if I could. It is most definitely a confidence/anxiety/self esteem thing. If I knew how to dance I would be more confident in doing so. If I'm not confident in my ability to do something, I refuse to let people see my attempts.

My recommendation is to show him how to dance in private. Just you and him. Show him some basic moves and be supportive. Get him used to the idea of moving to music. Eventually he could be secure enough to do it in public, or take proper lessons with you
>>
I used to be the guy who doesn't dance too. In hindsight, I can tell you that it's because I was insecure and believed I would look stupid.

The key to dancing is that no one knows how to fucking dance. You just go out there and have fun! I fucking LOVE to dance now; it's my favorite thing to do!

So he's probably insecure with his appearance, or something else. Try doing it in private first, just you two. Maybe that will ease him in?
>>
>>16541464
He's bad at dancing. It really is as simple as that.

You probably don't realize how horrible it would make him feel, and how horrible you, by extension, would feel if he were to dance in front of you. You also claim to find dancing attractive, but I suspect what you really mean is that you find people who _can_ dance attractive. You can deny it all you want, you can act as supportive of your bf till your blue in the face, but if you saw him dancing, you'd find him a lot less attractive than you do right now.

Just leave well enough alone. Or break up with him, if it's that big a deal.
>>
>>16541464
As others have stated here - there are multiple reasons as to why he doesn't want to dance.

the important thing is that he doesn't - Stop trying to '"fix" him, you'll just turn him off you.

If a dislike of dancing is the worst quality that your boyfriend has - then count yourself lucky.

Otherwise, leave the man alone.
>>
>>16541464
HOLY shit. I'm legit triggered.

My ex was all about dancing too; I absolutely hated that shit, it was the more uncomfortable, awkward, unnatural thing to do for me...Yet I did it anyway for her to make her happy. At first she was happy I tried it for her, but then she quickly started comparing me to other guys who were doing it better. At that point I backed off and said nah, fuck this I don't feel comfortable. And she shit all over me for it. One of the many reasons she's now my ex. You remind me of her, OP.

I really hope he breaks up with you, like I did with her.
>>
>>16541464
i dance. i used to not dance, then i realized the acquisition rate of pussy increased exponentially when i did. i dance better on booze or drugs though. try feeding your bf some mdma, i bet you he will dance
>>
>>16541649
You wrong, dopamine is the body's feel good chemical and is not exclusive to gender or even species. What your thinking of is oxytocin that creates a feeling of bond between two intimate individuals.
>>
>>16541538
have you even read her post man
>>
>I'm sure you see the fun of dancing too
nope.
>>
Any dude that isn't a complete turbochad will feel uncomfortable dancing.
>>
>>16543013
So much this. Dopamine isn't even really a strictly "feel good" it's more appetitive. It's what rewards and drives you when you smell good food or see someone sexy, ect.
>>
upper echelon trolling. 10/10
>>
OP, imagine somebody hands you a violin and tells you to go up on a stage and play a solo in front of a hundred people.

You have never played a violin in your life.

That's how your boyfriend feels every time you ask him to dance.
>>
I'm probably weird but I don't like dancing men annoy me a lot unless they're professional dancers.
My boyfriend bops and spins me but doesn't get into it, which I like.
>>
File: 1448829385929.jpg (56KB, 500x380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448829385929.jpg
56KB, 500x380px
>>16541464
What music do you even dance to? Dance music is somewhat dead. Trap and jump music is what's left and they're garbage.

>tfw you will never dance at a Jamiroquai show in their prime
>>
>>16542967
Get some rhythym, nerd. I dance for cardio at the gym. You're a pussy.
>>
>>16542855
Look up youtube videos and copy them.

The biggest problem is that most people don't have rhythym and only listen to the vocals and melody with music. I had to deliberately beet out the bassline in a dance song for my dad to hear it. Most white people simply have no sense of rhythym.
>>
>>16544493

why would they need it tho?
>>
OP's bf is probably white. White people, typically, have no rhythm.
>>
>>16542967
> still can't dance
> gets mad
Poor babby.

>>16544438
Normal dancing is more like playing a violin in a room with fourty people who also play the violin, some bad, some good, but nevertheless your sound will get covered in the noise. Just enjoy messing around with your violin, nobody judges you.

>>16542876
This nigga gets it
>>
Girl, I share the pain. For my bf, dancing is the most uncomfortable thing possible. And he feels shitty for that. But the worst thing is, when we just started dating (years ago), he actually danced with me a bit (just because we were so in love) AND HE WASN'T THAT BAD AT IT AT ALL. I thought maybe it could work, if we take some dancing courses together. Well, no, didn't work out either, it made him feel even worse for some reason.
So, I guess, gotta live with it.
>>
>>16542855
>My recommendation is to show him how to dance in private. Just you and him. Show him some basic moves and be supportive. Get him used to the idea of moving to music.


OP do this.
>>
>>16545098

its not a question of who judges, its not that kind of thing, its a deep and intense feeling of uncomfortable awkwardnes, and the pointles movements themselves make one feel realy stupid, so dancing FEELS awkward and stupid, it just feels that way, and therefore is something uncomfortable

also once the point is made that dancing is a model to be followed the reluctance and inability to dance make the whole thing feel ten times more uncomfortable
>>
You should try and make your relationship long distance and then you can send each other gifs of people dancing while listening to a song at the same time. That way it will be like you're dancing but you're really not and everybody's happy. So just move to Belarus or something. Best wishes, xoxo.
>>
Dancing in public is for wankers and not something a manly man will do. But I'll dance and serenade the shit out of you at home... in private. No homo.
>>
>>16542876

but, what do you love about it?
>>
I'll illustrate how unfair you're being to your white bf OP by pretending to be him

>Me and my gf are together three years now. We get along great, but we always have problems because we are fundamentally different in one aspect - She's outgoing and physical, and I'm the quiet type. Its an ongoing frustration.

>The thing where this hurts most is with science. I just love science. I love watching white people science stuff, and now that I finally found the woman I want to be with, I want to science with her, share that euphoria with her.
But she won't. She says it feels hard, and that's that.

>It's not a small thing for me. When we stay in and watch a documentary we both like, I see all those scientists sciencing and having a blast, and I can't fucking join. I have to physically engage like a lunatic. It makes me feel exhausted, and it makes me look at my gf like she was plain and uninterested.
Science is not only fun, it is also ver attractive. It basically means a woman is logical, mentally healthy, curious, courageous, happy... In my mind, women who science are top-tier, and think most men would agree. Seeing my gf incapable of it makes me very disappointed.

>I do try to inspire her now and then, like I try and dumb things down when we're listening to a podcast, so I can explain it a little. She sometimes nods her head to the logic - but when I bring up to her some more advanced topics she freezes up and does not even try.

tl;dr: long-term gf just won't science, this sucks.

>How do you see this? If you are female, do you science, and if no, why not? I'm sure you see the fun of math too, I think ist mostly fear. What would help you overcome this fear?

And then people answer shit like

>Bruh, I feel the pain. Nothing worse than a girl who won't into reason but it can't be helped black people just don't got no science. I had to literally remove the dialogue of a documentary so my gf could understand the science and she WAS PRETTY GOOD AT IT TOO.
>>
>>16541506
Youre a fucking idiot. Dancing is awesome. A lot of people dont dance because thry dont have rhythm. Dancing takes skill, finesse, muscle, rhythm....pretty much everything that makes a man good in bed. Thats why women like dancers


t. Guy who is really good at dancing
>>
All these no rhythm anti-dancers ITT. Smh
>>
>>16545201
Youre a fucking idiot. Science is awesome. A lot of people dont science because thry dont have brians. Dacing takes skill, intelligence, receptiveness, logic....pretty much everything that makes a woman good in a marriage. Thats why men like scientists.

t. Woman who is really good at science
>>
>>16545204
All these no brain anti-science ITT. Smh
>>
>>16545208
Science and dancing arent mutually exclusive. Science isnt something that demonstrates physical prowess. Science is a method of experimentation...and yes, some people do have dancing down to a science, and yes, these people do get laid more than you.
>>
>>16545213
Bruh u failing to see my point bruh
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>16545196
>>16545201

I love this.
>>
>>16545214
You have no point. If you are implying that if a person good at dancing, then they aren't smart, you are wrong. Being smart and good at dancing often go hand in hand.
>>
>>16545222
Not what I was implying. Maybe you missed my first post explaining what I was doing in which case we both misunderstood each other bruh.
>>
>>16545141
You can't feel awkward if you don't give a shit what people think. That's why dancing is so attractive. Someone who dances is not insecure, but sure of himself, and does not give a shit about people looking at him.

>>16545196
This clusterfuck would've been interesting if you put a morsel of effort in it. All I can read out of this is how frustrated you are.

Eitherway its pretty legit to try and inspire your SO for science/dancing if its important to you, no? Wanting to share one's passions with your partner is pretty normal.
>>
Fuck off OP dancing is dumb leave him alone.

You sound like my gf.

I DONT LIKE DANCING
>>
>>16545232
You're probably really bad at sex too.
>>
>>16545231
>All I can read out of this is how frustrated you are.

That's the thing, all I did was change the subject not the tone or even the words OP used. What you're seeing is not my frustration but OP's. I mean try and see where I'm coming from, have some empathy for the poor fuck that's dating OP.
>>
>>16545236
Would you choke on a dick already you limp wristed waist bending cock sucker? Not everyone who dances is a sex god and not everyone who doesn't sucks in bed. You pretentious low self-esteem nothing better to brag about wanker.
>>
>>16545239
...no. I am OP. I agree with your science guy that tries to inspire his gf to science.
I don't really see the "unfair" part you try to show. Its legit to try and inspire your SO to the thing you love.

I see your frustration because you try and proove some weird point and horribly failed.
>>
>>16545239
Dancing is not comparable to sciencing. Dance is one of the most meaningful things that we have as humans. A body of knowledge cannot be compared to the primitive vibrations that move us when we dance. What is sex but a dance? What is a conversation? We are all dancers. We have been dancing since before the dawn of humanity. Dance is one the things that exists across all cultures. Dance is a very meaningful symbolic action. People who dont dance or say that dancing is stupid are denying themselves a huge part of what it is to be human
>>
>>16545242
Hit a little to close to home, eh?
>>
>>16541625
Great post. Thanks.
>>
>>16545236
I've never heard those two put together to make that comparison.

Where the hell do you get that from?


I just don't like dancing it's fucking boring.
>>
File: 1448956081442.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448956081442.gif
2MB, 448x252px
As a dude, i used to do swing-dancing. It was real fun. Met a lot of people this way. A lot of women. But to tell the truth it's kind of a chore. I see absolutely nothing attractive about it whatsoever. And if anything, doing it and going to all those dance-parties made me realise how lonely I am. So I quit.
You like dancing. That's cool. I bet he likes something too and he doesn't judge you because you don't like it and/or forces you to do it.
>>
>>16545246
Again, you're only projecting your failure to understand the point.

You're not supposed to "inspire" your SO to the thing you love. You're supposed to share it, sure, show them you enjoy and maybe why you enjoy it, sure, but "inspire" them? What are you trying to do, make all his likes and dislike a clone of yourself? The point you failed to see was that people are different and people enjoy different things and if you try to force something you love on someone who doesn't love that something all you're doing is demanding they change and mirror you or else you will consider them inadequate, which I am certain you've made your bf feel. The views you have on any subject, dancing, painting, math, construction building, war, they're subjective. The qualities or lack of that you think belong to people who enjoy or dislike anything are not universal truths. Just as you think dancing in a man shows confidence others will think dancing shows femininity or fuck, even brain damage. Just the same your boyfriend might think anyone who isn't a christian lacks morality and is a cruel, evil person, while others will think christians are sexual deviants who hate non-christians. I assure you your boyfriend has something he absolutely loves too but he doesn't judge you for not loving too and doesn't even tell you that means you're "a" or "b" or "x" or "y". So why then do you feel so strongly about something that will feel like torture to him? Do you really maybe consider him to be worth less than other men who do enjoy dancing? Really, this is empathy 101.

Eventually he'll get tired and tell you to go find someone who loves dancing as much as you do and fuck off, and he'll be on the right for it.
>>
>>16545258
dancing is pretty much a mating ritual. It shows off how sexy you are, how fit you are, how social you are... it implies sex. Why did you think so many dances look like shagging?
>>
>>16545258
>>16545259
You want to know why you dont like dancing? It's because you have no soul. You are a modern man so out of touch with your humanity, so out of touch with your heart and soul that dancing is nothing but a chore to you. I would say i feel sorry for you guys, but i dont. You've dug your own graves
>>
>>16545272
>empathy 101

Your wasting your breath. A majority of women cannot comprehend the concept if empathy.
>>
>>16545276
There are many ways you can feel your soul and share in it's passion other than primal things as dancing, singing or fucking. You shouldn't feel sorry for us you should feel sorry for yourself for not having a higher way to experience the euphoria OP is talking about.

You're like a tribalistic fedora fag.
>>
>>16545276
A little judgmental I see. Obviously if you don't dance it means you have no soul. Fuck fotographers. Fuck artist. Fuck painters and musicians and singers. Fuck people who generaly want to be good people/parents/ w/e. They're all souless shells and I'M GOING TO GET MY INTERET CAVALRY SUPPORT THAT I DESERVE. "MAKE" MY BOYFRIEND WANT TO DANCE WITH ME BY FORCE. MAKE HIM DO WHAT "I" WANT FOR ME. MAKE HIM HUMILIATED SO HE DOESN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL. And THEN I will be right. I will be able to showe it into his face and say "HAH. What an un-masculine loser. Why did I even waste my time? W/e I'm going out with Chulio after I give him a B/J in our living room. Cya.".
Whatever you say honey.
>>
File: 1BjoZg8.png (10KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1BjoZg8.png
10KB, 500x375px
>>16545276
>>
>>16545201
Top kek

For the most part men learn how to dance because they know women like to dance not because they like it. Also men like to compete. Its hard wired into us. Why would a guy walk out and dance in public when they dont have the skill for it? Makes them look bad. Its the equivalent of gambling knowing that you have huge odds stacked against you.

On the other hand if a guy knows how to dance well enough he will probably do it in public. He can show off. Going back to the "gambling" thing this is the equivalent of playing knowing that you will win.


Most guys dont learn how to dance because its not something they like. Go to any club and look at the people. Most girls will dance by themselves. Guys only dance to get close to girls. In some cases they dont have someone to do it with and they dont want to embarass themselves in public.
>>
>>16545281
No, just somebody who creates. You know nothing about the soul if you have done nothing but consumed the art of others. You are a vampire feeding off the soul of others. Create something of your own, either music, words, dance, ideas..they are all related.
>>
>>16545272
Now this I can work with.
... I am afraid It does make him look less attractive compared to men who enjoy dancing.
I guess I am a bad person now?
>>
>>16545294
There are people who don't consume art and there are people who create but don't create art. The very same people have a trade or skill that makes them feel as passionately as you feel. The only difference is they don't assume their way is the only way to feel passionate and that more often than not they build and create the things you use. Like roads, cars, apartments, even the pain you use or the shoes you wear.

So tell me, if people who consume what you make but don't also make that art are vampires what are you who use what they create but don't make what they make? Are you also a vampire? Or are you the exception to your own rule? How many pair of shoes have YOU made?

>My point here is that you have your head stuck way high up your ass
>>
>>16545290
Such a shallow view could only come from a shallow person
>>
>>16545299
Yeah, you are, but you can be better by no longer imposing your shit on him. Or by accepting he'll never be up to your standards and leave.

Then again, if what really bothers you is not that he doesn't dance but that by not dancing he is showing you he lacks qualities you want, then try finding out what other things he does that show he has those qualities.

Say you think a man has no confidence if he can't dance infront of others. Maybe he holds speaches in front of large crowds, or leads the group in what ever projects he's working on. Empathy, pay attention to him, look at him and see what he does and why he does it and what it means. Don't assume you have to love what he does too or be good at it, but get to know him.
>>
>>16545304
People who build are creators, yes, i never said they werent. Some people only consume and never create. These people are the same ones who cast judgement on those who do create. Some people create without soul, they just follow a book and copy paste things, changing words as they see fit. I am talking of vampires of the soul
>>
>>16545316
No. What you're talking of is people who have called you out for being an idiot, which you are. Possibly schizophrenic too.
>>
>>16545316
To be honest, out of all arts dancing is the least creative. It's mostly learning moves/patterns and recreating it. Improvisation dances mix them live. Oh. And it's also almost always coming from the lead, and men usually lead. You sure you don't want him forcefully fucking you in the ass instead? He can display his ability to lead by doing that too.
>>
>>16545321
You are one of the vampires i see.
>>
>>16545330
No, I'm a writer and a dancer, I also have a large cock and I am damn good in bed. I am one of the people tired of being associated with your like. You have a legit mental disorder.
>>
>>16545328
That's all language is as well really.. Are writers who mix and match these patterns not creative? That's what music is too, a mixture of patterns. I think dance can be just as creative as any other symbolic language
>>
>>16545332
You are a fool mostly.
>>
>>16545340
Projecting much?
>>
>>16545343
"I know what you are but what am i"
>>
>>16545346
>hurr durr a vampire of like soul energy bro like in the animes bro but like pass the joint bro and u no u gotta kreate to feel human bro otherwise its demons bro theres like vampire demons in people who eat the energy of others who create bro like me bro like at like this sick spin i made bro i call it the hee-hee for like michael jacks who was like not a vampire bro, fucking edward cullen bro this weed is good bro no i dont have schizophrenia u cray cray bro i just fight the system bro vampires in outer space
>>
>>16545352
Fool.
>>
>>16545307
Not sure how anything i said is shallow. Basing this on my experiences as a man and what my most other men I know say and do. 3 friends i have like to dance. 2 are gay and the other does it to get women. He doesnt like to dance he just likes that its an easy way to get a number/dryhump a girl.

The 3 of them are extroverted. My other friends for the most part are introverts and they like (as i do) to drink and talk. One of them sometimes dances because he knows his wife likes it but he has told me that he doesnt like dancing.

Girls for the most part move and dance to music. Guys just bop their heads and tap their feet. Go to any bar and you will see this.
>>
>>16545355
>yeah bro u have to like get my wisdom bro im like a sage bro and the vampires they target me bro they reptiles from like in the crust of the world bro, like the crust of this pizza which i dont eat bro cuz its vampiric bro, it sucks the taste out of the pizza, like the reptilians in the white house bro and like, they dont create anything bro cuz they're fools only i create and people whoo agree with me as their supreme leader do bro, vampires in the outer crust bro, damn this weed good bro, i am an old soul
>>
>>16545366
Fool.
>>
>>16545367
You have a mental issue bro but it's cool, cuz weed gives u wisdom bro and u feel the energy inside bro. u was a wizzard in a past life bro.
>>
>>16545370
Fool.
>>
>>16545337
No. Language is just a way to express emotion. There are thausands upon thausands of different words. Hell, some writers even invent new words. A single word doesn't do much usually. It's the whole big picture. A story. A tale.
When it comes to dancing it's mostly meshing pre-made moves (that's why they have names) to a rythm. It's really like one person, the writer, who writes a tale, and then you, the performer who reads that tale. Who's more creative, a tell-taler or the writer?
Of course it's all apples and oranges, so you can't make direct comparison. And sure, there are very highly trained dancers who are capable of mixing much more moves then the others, in much faster speeds, and hell, sometimes a new twist to them. But seeing how you don't care about it, but rather "creativity"... well... dancing (or atleast the kind of dancing you refer to) is really not the type of art you're looking for. Doesn't mean its bad/inferior or w/e. But seeing how you judge other people for not liking it, I wouldn't be surprised if you do put activities into good-bad-vampire categories.
>>
>>16545373
coward fuck, u get scared even on the internet, faggot
>>
>>16545381
Fool.
>>
Cool. Consensus is, OP is a twat. Her boyfriend is quite reasonably declining to do something he really doesn't like to do and she can't accept it because ... well, she's entitled. Glad we're all agreed (except for the trolls.)

And now I have my "accept that I just hate it or fuck off" response locked and loaded should I ever encounter this situation. Thanks /adv/, good work today.
>>
>>16545376
Eh, i dont think you fully got what i was saying because i dont disagree but you seem to think that believe things i didnt say in any of my posts
>>
>>16545387
It's really not surprising that a bunch of neckbeards hate dancing so much. It reminds them of their lack of capabilities.
>>
>>16545395
I really don't know who are you or what you said considering the amount of anonymous people here writing.
Whatever the case is, if you're OP :
How can you call your bf less attractive to guys that dance? If you're in relationship, shouldn't looking out for others be out of the question? Sure you like some activities, but is that really all it takes for you to disregard your man?
Your hobbies are yours and his are his. Forcing them is abusive bs that noone should deal with. Introducing something (especially intimately and privately, something like dancing is no problem) is always welcoming and bonding, doesn't mean it will become a mutual hobby though. That's why IT guys marry philologist or artists or w/e. It's different perspectives and that's attractive and incredibly moving for someone who want's to improve themselves, even though you might not always/never agree to them.
>>
>>16541464
I dance, and I'm pretty good at dancing, as far as I know.

It's mostly the social pressure that makes me not want to dance. I'll dance by myself long before I'll dance around other people. You putting such an emphasis on dancing may also be making him more nervous than he otherwise would be.
As well, just as his shyness or lack of desire is in his head, this:
>Its not a small thing for me. When we go out and listen to music we both like, I see all those couples dancing and having a blast, and I can't fucking join. I have to stay sitting like a granny. It makes me feel like a wallflower, and it makes me look at my bf like he was plain and uninteresting.
>Dancing is not only fun, it is also ver attractive. It basically means a man is confident, physically fit, social, curageous, happy... In my mind, men who dance are top-tier, and I think most women would agree. Seeing my bf incapable of it makes me very disappointed.

...is in yours.
None of that is necessarily true. Dancing CAN convey those things, but there are a million other things that do the same thing.

I'd say, if you want your boyfriend to dance, first, stop making it such a big deal; second, get him interested in it when you're not in a crowd of people (try something slow and romantic maybe?).


This shaming bullshit you're peddling where men who don't dance are less of men is just going to make your boyfriend hate dancing more.
>>
>>16541464
Dancing takes a level of coordination that most people don't have, believe it or not. There is evidence to support that what most people think is good dancing is an *entirely* social/cultural construct.
>>
>>16545436
> this shaming bullshit you're peddling...
you say that like I said all that to my bf's face. Of course I did not tell him that he looks bad compared to men who dance etc. I don't want to make him feel terrible.

Aside from that, you're probably right.
>>
>>16545387
This is how /adv/ works:

> hello I'm a girl I have relationship problem
You're an entitled cunt deal with it or leave him for chad thundercock
> Hello I am a boy I have relationship problem
Your gf is an entitled cunt leave her before she leaves you for chad thundercock
>>
>>16544486
>Dancing at a gym
Calling someone a nerd lel
>>
>>16541464
How do I get my gf to dance with me

She is always scared that I will criticize her and laugh at her but it's utter bullshit and so I have to dance with other women
She won't make the slightest move for some reason
Are women crazy ?
>>
>>16541506
Top pleb m8

Grow up
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 12


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.