[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't cried in 3 years. It's starting to bug me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: m3salsa-noscale.jpg (26KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
m3salsa-noscale.jpg
26KB, 620x349px
I haven't cried in 3 years. It's starting to bug me. I feel depressed, but I can't shed tears. Even when I watch really sad shit, or a relative dies, I can't muster the energy to cry. I think I might have a problem with emotional repression. How do you make yourself cry? And I don't want some bullshit single tear garbage. How do I ugly cry?
>>
>>16539322
I cry when I've lost something that I know is not coming back. I cry alone, in my bed, while reflecting on how things are changing.

I guess I could still, if I recall painful moments. Also if a movie is emotional I tend to shed some tears. But I wouldn't call it crying.

I wouldn't worry much about not crying in 3 years to be honest.
>>
>>16539322
Just think about the Mother 3 ending.
>>
Once was a man and he couldn't cry. Hadn't cried for years and years. Napalm babies and movie love stories could not produce tears. Johnny Cash.
>>
You don't. Why do you want yourself to cry ?
But be more proactive and reactive to your world, accept that you're hurt sometimes and that you can show it.
Still if there is no good reason, don't cry
I'm 20 and it's been years since i've shed some tears.
>>
>>16539575

I wanted myself to cry because I feel like I've been holding in some toxic emotions, a lot of negativity, hence the feelings of mild depression and spikes of rage sometimes - and I remember crying and feeling so much better - people noticing that I was better, etc. bottom line - lots of positive effects came after crying.

I guess a better question would be how do I *effectively* purge my negative emotions.
>>
>>16540207
Play the first chapter of The Last of Us or watch the movie Big Fish on Netflix.
>>
Watch Grave of the Fireflies
Get drunk on distilled alcohol, for me whisky gets me to the saddest point when I feel already down
Quality feels threads on /b/ could also work

Or a combination of these
>>
>>16540243
the first chapter of the last of us will made me cry OP should play it
>>
Assault a bitch you know has mace, that will help. Plus, trails bring out the tears in all of us.
>>
Everyone is different, so there isn't an easy answer. I think it takes the courage to care about the issues in your life that cause emotional, spiritual pain. Introspection, with the right music (and perhaps psychedelics) could help.

The last time I ugly cried was a couple months ago, I was on 5 grams of mushrooms. I had just gone from manically believing love is the one thing in this existence I can be sure is real, realizing that I was wrong/manically delusional, leading to the realization that the neurotic freedom i was experiencing was only temporary, and that my being has been and always will be burdened with doubt and uncertainty.
>>
drink

a lot

let the tears flow
>>
>>16539322
I'm the same as you OP, I literally don't cry...I haven't in about 10 years (I'm 23 now)
>>
>>
File: 1357759839939.jpg (373KB, 724x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1357759839939.jpg
373KB, 724x1036px
Read a manga called "goodnight punpun"
>inb4 weaboo shut in
Honestly the most depressing story about a kid who grows up and realizes how life worked out for him made me bawl up during many parts
>>
>>16539322
Funny that you use that image. I had your problem until I played Mother 3 and I've cried multiple times since then
>>
>>16539322

are you a male? and what age? fully adult men can't cry because they're desensitized and battle-hardened
>>
21 year old male
>>
>>16540930
shot in the dark is your name stefan
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.