[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guitars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: as.png (144KB, 768x270px) Image search: [Google]
as.png
144KB, 768x270px
Hey guys I'm looking to invest a new guitar and was wondering if any of yall knew a place to buy one online, a decent but cheap one at the same time. thanks
>>
Bumping
My friend check "Dean guitars" site , they have real good for real low :)
>>
>>16539242
/gg/ on /mu/ would help you a lot. My first was a Squier, which are very decent guitars. My tip is absolutely do not buy a sub-$200 guitar. It will play and sound so badly that you'll be turned off. i recommend anything in the Classic Vibe series by Squier if you're in to that sort of thing.
>>
>>16539242
If you can go too a guitar shop or pawn shop and try try try before you buy even if its the same model slightly different try it if you can things too look out for weight if you wanna play standing up a 9 pound guitar on your shoulder is a bitch if you got a bad back, neck size small hands or big hands can make it that much harder too learn if a necks too small or big. Then theres shape find something that will be easy too play sitting down for example people say flying v's are hard too play sitting down. And watch out for neck dive if your planning on standing and playing
>>
>>16539242

>invest
>cheap

choose one.
>>
Monoprice makes decent starter guitars, and sell cheap accessories

If you have a mac or don't mind pirating windows programs, don't buy an amp and find a way to plug it into your PC, amp it through Garageband or an equivalent PC program
>>
>>16539242

reverb.com
>>
Buy one second hand. If you're starting out you won't even notice the difference between a good and bad one. You don't need to spend much money. I'd almost go below 100 euro over here, not sure what that is in dollars. Feder Squires are the basic I'm just starting out guitar.
>>
>>16541382
this

Just find a used one. It depends what shape you want:
Superstrat: Ibanez - RG series are typical superstrat shape, S series are thinner. Both have decent sound with decent hardware but depends on the one you get. you can find used with different pickups easy which is good... prestige are the higher quality with better hardware/pickups and you can find prestige models that are $2000 new for around 500-800. People also buy them from japan for cheap too (japan is where higher range guitars are manufactured)
Jackson: Another guitar like ibanez. They have alright hardware/pickups usually and can find lots for cheap.

Strat: Fender because they're most bought so easy to find for cheap-ish price, and have alright hardware/pickups. But there's also a lot of fakes too

For archtop then Epiphone/Gibson. Both companies are owned by Gibson but I think it's like squier/fender, squire are cheaper range of fender.

With all guitars there's also less known brands/custom makers that might make just as good quality for around same/better price as high end well known brands like fender/ibanez/gibson, but can be better quality. but high end is like 2-5k range. You won't find many used of them, but still can and find decent ones. Mostly these would be strat/superstrat guitars.
If you're buying something in 2-5k range then just try them out in person and see what you think rather then just buying a $4000 PRS guitar because a lot of people say it's decent.

When buying used check for rust on the hardware, that will give indication if it was stored properly. If you can check in person than know how to look at a knock for warpage, then check where the neck joins the body for any cracks. Also check the bridge is straight, if the frets are alright (older ones might need re-fretting).

Go into shop and try the 3 main shapes, strat/superstrat/archtop to give idea of sound/feel. They'll have some of guitars I listed there, if you have $500 (used) to spend look at 1-1.5k guitars
>>
>>16542083
Also for trying in the shop then buying it used online. You can find the more expensive older year models for cheaper online. Like a 2004 or so that was around $2000 new, you can find for $500 or so used. They'll probably only have the newer year models too which are harder to find cheaper used but you'll still be able. This is just ibanez but they change hardware/pickups in different year models, probably same with other companies. The models they have will give idea though but if you search online for same one it might be different hardware/pickups from older year. In used guitars people will change out pickups too for better sound, which is why buying used is better because you can get both guitar and set of alright pickups together cheap.
>>
>>16539242
Sweetwater is a great online store for guitars and other music stuff.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.