[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student loans: Should I refinance, or do full payments? I owe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Student loans: Should I refinance, or do full payments?

I owe 75k and I haven't landed a full time job yet. I've been doing freelance with my skill as a somewhat well known contemporary fine artist, but print sales are not consistent and I can't support myself + my loans off of this. My loan payments start next month at $850 in total (one is 550, other is 300). My parents want me to do full payments and get it over with, but my quality of life will significantly plummet with this lingering bill. Blah blah blah, everyone is going through the same shit, right?

What are you all doing with your loans? Did you refinance? Or would you recommend busting your ass to pay the full payment?
>>
>>16536757
Why can't you do both?
>>
I don't have a student loan, but if I did, I'd pick the option that allowed me to pay it of ASAP. Especially if I owed $75k
>>
>>16536770
You would spend seven years of your life paying $850 a month as apposed to stretching it with $200 payments?
>>
I just stopped making payments.

They leave a nasty message every now and then, i dunno. I imagine they really buttfuck my credit rating, but i never check that.
>>
>>16536839
There's no reason you can't switch between the two as it's convenient. $200 a month means it'll take 31 freaking years, assuming there's no interest.
>>
>>16536854
What do you mean by switch between the two? My two payments?
>>
>>16536887
Can you not switch between paying $850 and $200? Also once you get a full time job, $850 won't seem so bad.
>>
>>16536904
I believe that once it starts it becomes increasingly difficult to do so. I will be calling them Monday and I will ask this question. Thank you.
>>
Can't you declare bankruptcy?
>>
>>16536757
This is why u dont go to college for a degree
>>
>>16536757
What are the terms of your loans? Some forgive up to half if you teach (and as an unemployed artist, teaching art might be a good plan). Some don't require payment until you make a certain level of income.

Read the small print.
>>
Forbearance bruh. Ask for it you don't have a steady income. U can get a forbearance for like 6 months to a year.

Try and push for a year when you talk with someone about that. Tell them you want to get back on ur feet so you can start making "full payments"

That's what I've done in the past and has worked fine.
>Goodluck
>>
>>16537073

in the US if you declare yourself bankrupt your student loans aren't expunged

go land of the free
>>
>>16537727
Checking this out. Thank you.

>>16537755
Correct. I would never do this.
>>
>>16536757
Fuck the system! Waste every cent you have on Cheetos, weed and fucking sluts!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.