[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I odd for thinking like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: follow your bliss.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
follow your bliss.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
I'm a Law student in the UK. I know that everyone wants to secure a job after graduation, but I'm pretty much the opposite.
My dream is to be a backpacker and to see the world. Working as an ESL teacher really appeals to me. I know that if I managed to secure a job after graduation, I will be too scared to give it up/the sacrifice of giving up a law job is too big. Nobody will give up a law job and doing so will only make me look like an idiot.
>>
Have you thought about going on like a month long trip?
>>
>>16534029
Been there done that, but it is still different from actually living in another country.
>>
Yeah I was considering moving to Australia last year but I chickened out when i was about to commit to it.
>>
>>16534041
Where are you from? Why did you want to move to Australia?
>>
>>16534019
no
>>
I'm from Canada. I wanted to move to Australia because at the time I was bored with my life and wanted to start my adult life with adventure and recapture the youth I missed, but I think it would have been short sighted to do that and leave everything behind. I did move across the country though and am living a happier life then I thought I could have.
>>
>>16534077
>I did move across the country though and am living a happier life then I thought I could have
How did you manage to find a job in another province? Did you find a job before moving? What is your job? Why are you happier?
>>
If you have for example connections that can get you your law firm job easily, you can use that as a backup plan at least.
>>
>>16534080
I had about 20k saved up before I moved so I wasn't that worried about finding a job right away.I found a job after 2 months. I'm going to school for nursing and I'm working security at the hospital here. I moved to one of the warmest cities in canada it's surrounded by beautiful mountains, rivers, and forests, it has great snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking in the summer. I've also made a great group of friends and live on my own with a dog and a cat. Everything is perfect right now.
>>
>>16534101
And your point is?
>>
>>16534019
Aren't there such things as a career break in law? There's such a thing in my shitty retail job.
>>
>>16534112
Sounds good.
You managed to move out when studying? Sounds expensive. How did you manage to afford it?
And nobody answered my question: is my desire >>16534019 odd?
>>
>>16534126
Not that I am aware of
Everyone seems to be offering alternatives of my desires - is my way of thinking really that odd/unrealistic?
>>
>>16534112
Ah Vancouver
>>
>>16534128
I've pretty much been saving my whole life plus I've very lucky to have my grandparents who put a lot into my education funds.
>>16534137
Definitely not Vancouver no way I could afford to stay there on my own.
>>
>>16534128
And sorry forgot to say no that's not odd. I think you should go for it if your passionate about that lifestyle.
>>
>>16534147
You gave up moving to Aus though.
>>
>>16534155
I wasn't brave enough to but you sound like you are.
>>
>>16534183
Well I won't call myself brave.
How can you find a job in Aus if you aren't Aussie/Kiwi though? You can't legally work there.
>>
>>16534194
Work visas are easy to get if your young
>>
>>16534194
You're*
>>
>>16534194
My housemate just moved over from Canada (I'm Australian) all he had to do was fill some forms online and pay like 200 bucks and he got a work visa
>>
>>16534240
Ah ok. He is stuck in grunt-tier jobs though, right?
>>
bump again
>>
>>16534265
Where would you want to go if you do move away?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.