[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on meeting new people? I'm gonna be upfront. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

File: 1446520637172.jpg (136KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446520637172.jpg
136KB, 1136x640px
Advice on meeting new people?

I'm gonna be upfront. I broke up with my girlfriend of 2.5 years and moved away from my old neighborhood. I have no friends, no real hobbies, and I experience excruciating loneliness on a daily basis.

My old friends were faggots with no personality whom deeply hated me because of my relationship and my demeanor. I tried to be a good friend, but they all disliked me and I knew that they spoke poorly of me behind my back.

Needless to say, I have a complete fresh start and I want to start surrounding myself with positive people who like me for me and who have a desire for growth.

I'm joining my local YMCA tommorow.

Any other tips and suggestions for meeting genuine people?
>>
File: 1447402734530.jpg (56KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1447402734530.jpg
56KB, 500x385px
Bump.

Drinking vodka alone on a Friday night isn't my ideal night out.
>>
File: 200px-16ura_kiku.svg.png (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200px-16ura_kiku.svg.png
20KB, 200x200px
Join clubs
>>
Sorry you didn't get any advice yet. This board has really gone to shit recently.

You must have some hobbies. Think about it. What do you like to do?

Do you have a job? A job in hospitality or retail can help with meeting people.

If you truly have no hobbies, you should try to find out what you like to do. Having a hobby that you are passionate about will not only give you a shared connection with others but also something to do when you are bored and alone.

There's a club out there for just about every interest you can think of, but if you live in a small town you might have to settle for a popular pastime like:
>drinking
>chess
>basketball
>book reading
>sci-fi

etc.

Some more general advice: Try to conduct yourself in a way that invites social interaction. Go about your day with a proud, positive, approachable attitude. Make smalltalk with strangers. Chat to staff when you go to a shop. You'll be surprised at the results you can achieve this way. Even a one-off conversation can cheer you up and help you feel like you're making progress. Some of these interactions can become enduring friendships.
>>
Oh no
>>
File: 1449011718381.jpg (749KB, 1600x1893px) Image search: [Google]
1449011718381.jpg
749KB, 1600x1893px
Thanks for the two pieces of advice I recieved.

I'm going to look into joining art clubs, book clubs, ect. I come from a small Southern town so it's hard to come by enjoyable past times that don't involve sports.

However, I'm going to a house party tonight and I plan on scoring casual sex. The warm embrace of a female's mouth and vagina may douse my sadness, if only for a bit.
>>
>>16535452
Bruh you write like a true elliot
>>
File: 1449132148177.jpg (47KB, 716x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449132148177.jpg
47KB, 716x480px
>>16535625

I write as a hobby. Of course I'm going to have a colorful vocabulary.

Also, I should add that I've been using Badoo for a couple of weeks with virtually zero results. I'm starting to feel like I somehow repel interesting, good-natured people.

Not to be crazy or anything, though. I just think that I need to work on my personality alot if I want to have/keep any worthwhile friends or love interests.

My acquaintances from my old neighborhood didn't take me to the party, so I'm eating pizza at home and watching anime. Oh, well. At least I'm not drinking.
>>
>>16536630
Badoo is bad. Most of it (at least in my region) is bots. Use Tinder/PoF/Okcupid.

Meetup.com is also a good place to go to well, meetups. All sorts of meetups there from dating to book clubs, anime stuff, hillwalking, table top RPGs etc.
>>
File: 1446491785228.jpg (92KB, 1072x709px) Image search: [Google]
1446491785228.jpg
92KB, 1072x709px
>>16536642

I've been fooling around on Meetup and I must say, it seems pretty neat.

I found a few meditation groups that are nearby, albeit each one only has a few attendees as of now.

I was gunning for creative writing or an interesting book club, but apparently I live in hippy ville.

I'm happy that I've stumbled upon Meetup. Meditation is cool and is another hobby of mine. I just might go to a meet up tomorrow.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.