[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this whole week I've been trying to beat anxiety and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (45KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 399x600px
So this whole week I've been trying to beat anxiety and depression naturally, anyone have any tips to add?

So far I've been exercising, meditating, staying hydrated, eating healthy, and now trying neurotransmitter vitamins like 5-htp. I've been feeling a lot better but I'd like to try my best from here on out. I've read brain waves like alpha/beta/theta waves etc can help, anyone have any luck with these?
>>
Don't forget sleep.
>>
>>16531637
eat healthy. exercise. poop a lot. caffeine pills and aspirin helps a lot. lots of vitamins. having a satisfying, long, conversation session with a girl you really like...

yes, staying hydrated too with gatorade.
>>
>>16531637
also, make more money, plan a trip to tokyo, buy something kind of expensive you really want...

mostly, stay really healthy tho.
>>
>>16531670
>caffeine pills
Don't ever take these if you have anxiety.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 350x197px
>>16531637
>beat anxiety and depression
>naturally

I'm guessing my naturally, you also mean on your own. I've tried my whole life and I've only felt slightly better in the last four months as I started seeing a counsellor regularly.
>>
>>16531670
>having a satisfying, long, conversation session with a girl you really like

What planet are you from?
>>
>>16531670
>having a satisfying, long, conversation session with a girl you really like
Yeah, and you can beat your heroin withdrawal effects by doing heroin.
>>
>>16531710
Well socializing and flirting can raise dopamine levels so it actually will help as long as you're feeling connected with the person you're talking to.
>>
Bioenergetics can help physically release tension within the body caused by depression and anxiety. Elliott Hulse on YouTube covers this a lot in his videos.

Also breathing properly using deep diaphragmatic breathing with good posture can drastically improve your well-being. If you can strengthen the right muscles and release the tight muscles that restrict deep breathing you'll feel the difference.
>>
>>16531710
U know, I mean it doesn't have to be a real conversation.... Like maybe, start slow... Write some slash to get ur juices flowing first... Something like that
>>
>>16531838
Being shot down or shut down will only make things worse, though.
>>
>>16531696
Yeah same here. I've tried to beat it on my own for years, the most progress always came from a group.

I know there are a lot of people on here who have anxiety and depression, any chance we could create an organized group, with a set structure and support ourselves through this?

Or is 4Chan unable to work as a team?
>>
>>16531933
If something like this was made I'd try it out. I always wanted to do real life group therapy but I'm scared about having a panic attack in public.
>>
>>16532046
Too bad I didn't catch this earlier.

Charles262good on skype if anyone is interested.
>>
>>16531637
>5-Htp
isn't 5-htp terrible for your liver? L-Theanine is pretty kickass in beating anxiety. Worked for me for a while.

>beat anxiety and depression naturally.
>naturally
I don't mean to sound like a douchebag, but how I fixed both of them for me was changing the way I think. Easiest is depression, then anxiety is fixed when you stop giving a fuck combined with good diet to fix any chemical inbalances going on.
>>
>>16531933
I'm down. How will we do this?
>>
>>16532811
I'd like to meet over Skype.

Last time I was in a group we used a mixture of therapies to address anxiety. I left my Skype name in my last post here: >>16532784

I also made another thread here >>16532814
>>
How the hell do some people with depression make big changes all of a sudden?

I can't even get myself to eat or drink something most days.
>>
>>16532861
thats the thing, people with actual depression don't.
>>
>>16532864
I'd like to try to go through therapy again but I don't know. I'm pretty much at rock bottom at this point
>>
>>16532861
I'm not a mental health professional but IMO there's two types of depression. The first one is when your mind and body is...by definition, depressed. As in instead of expressing your inner self you are DEpressing your inner self by digging your worries and problems deeper instead of addressing them to free this tension and eventually expressing it outward. The weight can feel heavier everyday giving the illusion you'll be trapped in despair forever but it's really only until you face the root of the problem.

Then there's depression caused by neurotransmitter deficiencies where if you can't boost it up yourself through other means then medical assistance might be the best bet.
>>
>>16532784
when i sign up i'll mention this thread to you and you can add me.
>>
>>16532792
I don't think 5 htp is harmful. Don't know if it works either though, when I feel happy on it I think it's just placebo and wishful thinking

Then again who knows
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.