[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on becoming an adult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x224px
I need advice on life.
Im about to be kicked out of the place im living in.

I need advice on finding a place to live and acquiring a job.
Im gonna live on my own and i need to know everything there is to know about living on your own.
How to find an apartment.
How to pay bills.
How to find a job.
How to open a bank account.
And everything else someone needs to know in order to survive as an adult.

Ive already looked all of this on the internet but i wanna hear from adults who've actually managed to be successful living on their own.
>>
Go and ask for a big brother or big sister to help.
>>
How old are you? Do you have any savings? Any money at all? Do you have a vehicle? Answer these so we can better understand your situation
>>
Here mate

http://howtogrowthefuckup.com

Not a joke answer, lol. Lots of good info there
>>
>>16529157
Not OP. Neat link, thanks for mentioning it.
>>
>>16528939
Can I ask how old you are?
Can I ask why you are being kicked out of your current accommodation?
The fact that you have so many questions like you do makes me think you are 16 and not living with your parents.

>>16528939
>How to find an apartment.
Find an apartment by looking in newspapers or online, you might be better off in a house share if money is an issue
>How to pay bills.
Most work via direct debit every month
>How to find a job.
Look online or go to a job centre, make sure your CV is up to date
>How to open a bank account.
Go to a bank and ask about opening a bank account, don't get an overdraft if you can help it (they cost a lot once you hit your overdraft)
>And everything else someone needs to know in order to survive as an adult.
If you must get a credit card, it doesn't mean you have X to spend, anything you buy with it will cost X plus interest even if you pay ASAP.
Try and save whatever you make in a month for paying something off next month, the internet, cigarettes, digital TV, video games are not necessities.
Don't but a car from someone who has it running when you arrive
Don't buy things you can't afford
You don't need a new phone with infinite data and calls
>>
>>16529083
No savings.
No money besides 10 or so dollars.
I have no vehicle.

I have nothing but a couple of clothes to wear.
>>
>>16529292
I was living in a group home(foster home). Long story short, i had to move into a house with a so called "family" member. Now im being kicked out because of problems that have been occurring between me and the "family" members. Me moving out is not what im terrified about. Living there has plunge me into a bad case of depression and has brought on other problems affecting my life. It is in the best interest of my health, both physically & mentally, that i move out of this place.

I am though very mortified about not having a good grasp of how to handle adult task such as finding a dentist, doctor, job, apartment, life insurance, or anything.
I don't have any friends and no work experience. Im thinking about possibly moving into a homeless shelter until i find a job and have saved enough to find a place of my own.
>>
>>16529157
¡Thanks!
This is great.
>>
>>16528964
Don't have any.
Im practically by myself in this situation.
>>
>>16528939

Just know that the joys of life are behind you. Welcome to the relentless heartache that is adulthood, son.
>>
>>16529519
>>16529083
>18.
Ok, I don't know what shitty parents would kick out their kids at 18 year old, unless you must've done something really shitty. Other than that, I understand that you must need this advice since you're that young.

>No savings.
>No money besides 10 or so dollars.
Ok, that makes matters worst so looks like you'll need to get a job quick. Apply to as much places. I always call the company's supervisors if I havent heard from them to see of they'd be interested. Supervisors like this.

>I have no vehicle.
Ok so absolutely no shelter means you will need to find a friend or relative to stay with.

>I have nothing but a couple of clothes to wear.
Salvation Army is there to help, lol.
>>
>>16529579
>>16529579
Nice to see parents still giving kids away to Foster care, a shitty fucking place. Might as well have your sell your kid to a child soldier african cult.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.