[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Misdiagnosed (?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1o38.jpg (143KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1o38.jpg
143KB, 640x640px
I think I'm misdiagnosed with schizophrenia.

I only have the negative symptoms (though very severely).

I also hear my 'own voice' in my head, it's my own self controlled voice. This was according to the professor who diagnosed me enough to qualify as auditory hallucination but I'd disagree with that.

I've (thankfully) never had real psychosis.

I've also never had catatonia , or disorganized behavior/thinking, or delusions.

Now I'm gonna get treatment for schizophrenia. And I don't think I have this. I need help though with the problems I actually have but the professor is retired now and I don't know what to do. No psych is gonna undo a diagnosis of a professor.

:/
>>
I think "hearing your own voice in your head" would be useful.

Many times i find myself talking to myself, just because i actually think more clrearly when i do.

When i don't talk to myself, i get lost, and forget what i was thinking about.

In other words i have problems with concetration.
>>
>Now I'm gonna get treatment for schizophrenia.
Do you HAVE to?
>>
>>16528620
I need treatment and intensive cause the negative symptoms are killing me and I always feel a lot of suffering and pain but I don't know if schizophrenia is the right diagnosis.
>>
>>16528626
Honestly I think mental illness is more fluid than conventional doctors would have you believe

I wrote about schizophrenia earlier today...

>In the mind of the schizophrenic, the boundary between reality and mind is dissolved. Life becomes a dream. Their perspective has shifted. They are giving as much credibility to their inner world as the outer. Drugs, without other intervention, just mask this. To help a schizophrenic, you have to teach them to once again differentiate between the whisperings of their mind and the outside world.
>>
>>16528590
>I also hear my 'own voice' in my head, it's my own self controlled voice. This was according to the professor who diagnosed me enough to qualify as auditory hallucination but I'd disagree with that.
This concerns me a little. I mean, doesn't everyone get that? Like, when I'm deciding what to write in this post, I "hear" it in my head, in my own voice, as if I was saying it out loud - isn't that just regular thinking?
>>
>>16528661
If it feels like you're playing a song in your head, that's not an auditory hallucination. That's just your internal monologue. Everybody has that. You can reconstruct the sound in your head, but it feels like a memory.

Auditory hallucinations are different. Your internal monologue plays in your head, but auditory hallucinations play in your ears; you actually HEAR them.
>>
If you think you do, you might not.

Especially if you confuse talking to yourself and hearing your own thoughts as 'auditory hallucinations'. It's very possible to be weird and not suffer from a real mental illness.
>>
>>16528726
This is a good way of describing it. I get auditory hallucinations before falling asleep (which is normal) and I "hear" the voices and sometimes elaborate musical concoctions.

>>16528641
This is very interesting. I feel like I can relate with schizophrenics. The stigma is ridiculous that they're absolutely insane mad men, barely human.
>>
>>16528833
mental illness is a lie. "schizophrenia" is just the manifestation of your inn ambitions and feelings, the ones you hide from even yourself.
to immediate what one might call mental ilness all you need do is center yourself, learn who you are, and let it flow through you. with a firm grasp of yourself your mental position will be stable. meditation is a good way to center yourself
>>
>>16528849
Yep.

OP I would call what you are experiencing a "schizoid break"
>>
>>16528590
when i was younger, i went through a stage i was getting a bit paranoid i could have schizophrenia. i had some pretty wild mood swings, and well as a child i didn't think much so there was never really a verbal though process in my head. and going through puberty and growing up i started thinking about things more and all of a sudden i have this voice in my head, and it often speaks deeper than your frontal thoughts since it is the equivalent of the voice of your brain basically, so at times it seems to pull out idea and things you didn't think you really knew. but once you learn to stop judging yourself you learn this inner voice is more or less your intuition.
as for auditory holsinations. they are quite healthy, means your mind can respond to your emotions with an appropriate sound to sooth
>>
>>16528954
if you hadn't guessed i cant spell to well... to bad for spell check to help
>>
>>16528590
You're entitled to a second opinion, Anon. Go get one.
>>
>>16528590
Wait, hearing your 'own voice' isn't normal?
>>
This is God speaking. You have schizophrenia.
>>
>>16530172
lulz
>>
>>16530144

All thoughts are a manifestation of mental illness. Get checked. You might be afflicted with consciouness, too.
>>
>>16530223
<3
>>
>>16530223
>All thoughts are a manifestation of mental illness. Get checked. You might be afflicted with consciouness, too.

Fantastic response
>>
>>16530223
>>16528849
Dumb. As an encepalitis survivor who also gets migraines, I know what feeling off is like.
>>
>>16528590
>I also hear my 'own voice' in my head, it's my own self controlled voice.
Wait is that not normal
>>
To all those saying 'schizophrenia' or mental illness isn't real:

Among people diagnosed with schizophrenia, an estimated 20% to 40% attempt suicide. From 5% to 13% actually complete the act of suicide.

http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/schizophrenia-and-suicide
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.