[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Is it weird, if I have an exam in the same room with a girl,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1449006608110.jpg (58KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1449006608110.jpg
58KB, 640x960px
1. Is it weird, if I have an exam in the same room with a girl, to take it, wait on a bench outside for her to come out, and ask her out?

2. Is it weird to have a mental script before hand? It's nothing complex, but I figure it would be good to have my words nailed down. Will it be obvious I planned my words exactly?

I don't interact with women often.
>>
>>16527208
Yes, it's weird, and no, it's probably not a great idea. A better idea would be to rehearse ahead of time, several times if need be, but not commit the words to memory or write them down. If you do you'll sound like a robot.

And pick a different setting. Her mind will be way elsewhere, and she won't be in the best mood. Also it's just weird.
>>
That's not the best idea. But ofcourse we don't know how you know this person or anything if you two are relatively friendly already it might be ok. Just take mental step back and really think about your aproach.

Having a script is very handy from my own experience. Keep it short and simple and don't overly explain yourself, be brief and to the point.
>>
>>16527208
It's not weirder or more awkward than any other cold approach. Keep it casual, talk to her like anyone else.

Mental scripts aren't a bad idea but don't get too detailed- you've got to learn to ad lib
>>
If you already talk with her then its fine to wait for her after class. I don't see nothing wrong with that. Ask her how the test went ect... Then after talking for a while ask her out for lunch(that very moment) if she says yes then you have urself a date. Or if she says she can't or she's busy get her number and ask her on a date later on that week. Worked for me today
>>
Just do it.
>>
>>16527208
Yes, that is wierd.
But it's only wierd if she realizes what you're doing. When you approach her, try to make it look like you havn't been making your whole day revolve around her. Make it seem like you ran in to her.

What's your mental script sound like?
I say no to boys who I don't really know who just walk up and ask me out 100% of the time.
The only time I'll say yes to a guy is if we're hanging out/have been chatting for like 30+ minutes.
That may just be me though- I don't go out with guys I don't know.

Do you know this girl? Do you ever hang out in a group?
If you havnt hung out with her before, try seeing if she wants to join in on a group activity instead of a date. That way there's less pressure and she can get to know you better
>>
>>16527449
We have chatted a few times after class about classes. She's in two of my classes. I only have one friend, so a group activity isn't really an option. And she has a bunch of male friends so I want to make my intention to date her and not be her friend clear enough--inviting her to some kind of group activity would bring that into doubt.

This is what my mental script sounds like:
Say hi, hey or whatever greeting comes to mind
Ask a general "how's it going" question
Ask her if she's single
Ask her if she wants to X.

Again, I want to make my intentions clear since she seems to have a lot of male friends and I don't want to spend a ton of time fighting through all of them to get her affection--I'd rather just cut through all that and either begin dating her or get rejected. I wouldn't ask "Are you single" normally but I want to make sure she knows I'm not trying to be another in her ranks of orbiters.
>>
>>16527910
Do not, I repeat do not ask if she is single. It's better if you just ask her out because if she has a boyfriend you will find out anyway after you pop the question
>>
>>16527910

>orbiters

Someone's spending too much time on 4chan. Not every single male friend is an orbiter. You're not an orbiter if you take a minute to get to know someone before asking them out. But you are kinda creepy if you just drop the "let's go on a date" line 20 seconds into conversation. Most women don't like that.

Ask for her number or something, text her a bit, make her laugh, then see if she'd like to go get coffee or a beer or whatever you want to do sometime later in the week.
>>
>>16528020
Ok. How should I ask her then? This is so complicated
>>
>>16528046
Why would I get to know her over text when we could just sit down and talk? Thats like what i did in high school. Like I said this isn't a cold approach where I'm just approaching this girl I don't know at all. We're not friends or anything, but we know each other's name and we have talked a few times.
>>
>>16528059
Then talk some more get to know her a little better and have fun while doing it. And when you feel like it you ask her out. Like someone else said you don't pop the question out of nowhere you should make her feel like you are genuinly interested in her not only because she appeals to your eye
>>
>>16528059
Walk a bit with her, chat the chattiest stuff (how's it going, oh really ? thats terrible/great, etc.) and then ask her whatever you intended to ask during the conversation. That's at least how I ask girls out - during the conversation, just bring it up.
>>
>>16528072
Oh and to continue, don't make the same mistake I did in first grade - asking her out of blue. Right then she will give you the friendzone speech. You should get to know her, few chats in the classroom just won't cut it.
>>
>>16528059

Well, if you know her, and have the opportunity to talk to her in person, great. But to me it sounds like you two haven't had anything more than the most base interaction ("what's the homework?" "Gee that lecture was boring"), which will make it off putting when you drop the date question out of nowhere.
>>
>>16528067
Isn't the whole point of a first date to figure out if you might like the person by getting to know them a bit? Asking someone out on a first date based on looks and superficial personality traits doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Also what is not genuine about physical attraction?
>>
>>16528085

That's the point of a first date, yes, but ideally it shouldn't be your first interaction. There should be at least SOME indicator of compatibility before you're to that point, unless it's a blind date.
>>
>>16528085
Look man a dat is usually to get to know someone better. She would allready think that you are interesting by agreeing to go on a date. If she has only seen you sometimes during school and chatted with you only a few times chances are that she doesnt know you well enough to have a date with you. You could allways try the long shot and see how it goes but I feel it would be best to get to know her a little bit better before you ask, see it as that you are warming her up a bit before you ask. But that is just how I would approach it im not saying it is the only and right way.
>>
>>16528089
We've already had some interaction. And how am I supposed to get to know her without asking her if she wants to via a date? Am I supposed to ask her random questions about herself while we're chatting for a minute after class? That's weird.
>>
>>16528114
Nahh man thinkin about and overanalyzing that is weird. Just go talk to her like you allways do and when she mentions something like:so much home work blabla cant bcause pilates idk the fuck she does you just ask her somethings about that just let the conversation flow but most of all enjoy talking to her and dont try to work too hard towards a goal because it shows
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.