[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How easy is it to transfer from a community college to university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1448063756434.jpg (125KB, 1088x791px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448063756434.jpg
125KB, 1088x791px
How easy is it to transfer from a community college to university after getting your associates?

My parents barely wanted to pay for my community college, and they certainly wouldn't pay for my university (which stings because my family has plenty of money, they're upper class but they don't want to give me handouts) it sucks but I kind of see their reasoning.

Anyways, I really care about furthering my education. I plan on getting an engineering degree and for that to mean anything I have to go to a university and then grad school.

I also barely have money by myself (working a 10 dollar an hour job).

My grades are good, mostly A's with a few B's (just about to go into finals for first semester, hopefully those don't tank me, or they could bump me up) but sadly in HS my grades werent good enough for scholarships.

I just need to know if I keep things up (good grades) how difficult will it be for me. I want to spend the least amount of money as possible. Idk how scholarships work while in community college.

I'm just really not sure how all of my fucking friends (who are not rich by any means and didn't get scholarships) got their parents to pay for their university
>>
>>16526853

You need to talk to the university you want to transfer to about reqs. Its going to be a pain in the ass. Creds from some classes will transfer and some won't/

It's not optional. Talk to the universities you will be applying to after community college.
>>
To-do list
>Check the transfer requirements
>Talk with a counselor and see how many of your credits are transferable
>Reach your goal, make the move
>>
>>16526853
If you want to be an engineer, don't go to grad school. Get a BE from an ABET accredited school, cheapest and closest one you can find. You're life won't be a roller coaster ride, but you will prolly never have money problems.

What do your parents do for a living?

Go to grad school if you are sincerely and deeply interested and dedicated to a specific field or furthering some knowledge... Don't do it otherwise it's a waste.
>>
>>16526857
>>16526867
What about grade wise and money wise?
>>
>>16526853

Extremely easy, probably 90% of people I know who went to college transferred from a JC.

You just have to be careful with your transferable units. Community college advisors are usually shit and don't keep themselves apprised of the latest goings on and oftentimes recommend classes that won't transfer or won't fulfill a the requirement they claim.

Make sure you always double and triple check everything you are told, never take anyone's word on what you should be doing to transfer.
>>
>>16526875
are you retarded
>>
yooo, good thread, in the same position word for word, except the $$$ parents...

Bumping for more responses to this.
>>
>>16526853
from the dude above:
what classes have you taken for your engineering degree? like calculus or whatever
>>
>>16527008
Good. Maybe we will both benefit from some sound advice. And I might as well have dirt poor parents because they give me zero money lel
>>
>>16527021
lol whats your 10$ hour job?
>>
>>16526960
This is best advice. Getting accurate information is the most important thing you can do. Most of your community college advisors are barely qualified and midi don't even give a shit.

Your have to make sure your double check your program requirements but for the busy part it is easy as taking the classes and passing them.
>>
>>16526963
What's eating at you? Upset he said not to go to grad school? That's pretty fucking reasonable -- as an engineer or CS major an undergrad degree and maybe a few internships is all you need to land a pretty well-paying job (though sadly one's not guaranteed in any field these days.)
>>
>>16527027

holy shit learn to read posts
>>
>>16527023
Cashier at Lowe's
>>
>>16527018
Not him (I'm still OP) but I'm just in my first semester and I'm taking general ed classes. I checked with the school site I want to go to and they're all transferable
>>
>>16527049
oh nice, didn't know Lowe's paid their cashiers that much. I figured it was Walmart, that where I am. Figured I would get a good laugh if you worked the same place too.
>>
>>16527053
Ok, so you are in your freshman year. That exactly what I did my freshman year too.

I am in my sophomore year now... Don't over-stress yourself too much yet. You have time to do that when you are a sophomore.

What math have you taken so far?

(Btw all these responses are from the dude that has your life[me])
>>
>>16527053

Websites don't get updated regularly.

Call the undergrad services department of the university you're transferring to, preferably visit in person.

Blindly following websites cost me $2000 and a year of my life when I was trying to transfer.
>>
>>16526853
Professor writing here:

Transfer from a CC with good grades is usually easier than admission straight from high school. In some states, transfer admission to the state university is guaranteed by law. Ask at your CC advising office.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.