[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a close friend who is a yes man beta faggot and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I've got a close friend who is a yes man beta faggot and it pisses me the fuck off.

He literally agrees with everything i say, never reprimands me for deliberate mistakes, imitates my hobbies, imitates my mannerisms, my way of speech, the way i talk to women, even my fucking physical ticks. He also can't talk outside any fucking field of discussion besides nodding his head and saying "yes" or "hmm" that isn't fucking DOTA 2, and even then, he can only talk about facts, not about his opinions. If i'm in the same place as him and steer out of his sight, he starts following me like a baby duck. It's pathetic.

How do i tell him to man the fuck up and think for himself without hurting his feewings?

No, i'm not a girl and he's not an orbiter, in case you were wondering. We're both men and i hope to god he's hetero.
>>
>>16526630
Stop being friends with people you don't like.
>>
>>16526633
>>16526633
That's the problem. I like him and we have a long history together. He didn't use to be like this and i think being a cocksucker is going to make his life worse in the end.
>>
>>16526630
>close friend
>How do i tell him to man the fuck up
I think just tell him what you think when you are just the 2 of you. If it's really a close friend, he shouldn't get mad over you being honest.

Just make sure you stress enough this is your opinion and don't make it appear as a statement, if you see what I mean.
>>
>>16526630
>>16526646

Just tell him you moron.
>>
>>16526630
Aw duck you just described me. This is why I isolate myself and avoid contact with everyone.

You know why he acts this way. He's afraid of not being good enough, and he thinks if he acts naturally he will be criticized and no one will like him. I'm projecting of course but that's generally why. I learned this behavior from my dad who would react with sharp negativity to anything resembling an accusation so I had to tread thin ice and developed the "people pleaser persona"

I'd change if I knew how....probably he would to, so I'd advise you make it clear you're telling him it's for his own good and you're still cool with him.
>>
>>16526683
This, and then encourage him to give you his honest opinion. Then when he gives it to you, whatever it is, thank him for it. Eventually he'll come around.
>>
>>16526738

There is "people pleaser persona" and there is the idiocity that OP is describing. Anyway, "being yourself" is not a thing, but choosing what to pick up, what not to, and not to obviously imitate someone in trivial matters is.
>>
Hes like a little brother who looks up to his big brother.
>>
>>16526630
>He also can't talk outside any fucking field of discussion besides nodding his head and saying "yes" or "hmm" that isn't fucking DOTA 2, and even then, he can only talk about facts, not about his opinions.
this is me
except i can't even talk about dota 2

what do?
>>
>>16526630
Some people are just craven lackeys OP. Devoid of any original opinions or desires of their own.

It's not a really big deal.
>>
>>16526630

Just let him suck your cock is really not that difficult.
Its just a mouth on your dick.
Does it really matter if it belongs to a guy or girl?
>>
Assume fake hobbies and get him into weird shit.

For future reference anyone that plays a MOBA is garbage
>>
>>16526630
I had a friend like this (I'm also a dude here btw) and it turned out he wanted the d. Although it must be said that he was a legitimately insane stalker as well and possibly had a Borderline personality disorder. I'm guessing you will know whether or not this is the case with your friend (most likely not), so I suggest you just stop feeding him your opinions, interests, etc... Force him to take his own stance on things.
>>
>>16528248
>For future reference anyone that plays a MOBA is garbage
Why? It's one of the most popular types of games nowadays isn't it?
>>
take him to a brewery & get a taster flight. try them all, then make him tell you which is best. not which one he likes most- make him look you in the eye & state his opining with confidence. make him explain why. do the same with a bunch of movies, & art, & documentaries (start with History channel stuff & move to ken burns), & wars, & every random thing you can. if he follows your example like you say, it should be way to expand his knowledge base, & then confidence.
>>
>>16526630
just tell him what you said in this thread.
either he wants the D or he has a low self-esteem.
>>
>>16528630
Good adv. He will learn it's cool to be difft than u
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.