[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
I just found out my sister wrote something and my mom found it and I just read it and I don't know what I should do about it
>>
How old is the kid? Sounds like something my sister might write too.
Have a talk with her, worst case scenario she needs to see a therapist
>>
>>16525466
She's being a fucking brat and thinks she can act crazy to get out of school. You have 2 options here: make her go to school anyways (the smart option) because this is real life where you have to do things even if you don't wanna, or put her in the psych ward for a week so she can see how much it fucking sucks and she'll be desperate to go back to school.

>shut up shut up SHUT UP
Give me a break.
>>
wow she's normal. she just got caught venting. she does make excellent observations.
>>
Some degree of this is common, if not outright normal, during adolescence. The idea that nobody understands you is especially common.

But some of the things in there go beyond normal in some disturbing directions. The biggest is the implication that she is harming herself, or seriously considering it, but there's also an implication that she's having some toxic intrusive thoughts. She also seems to be resisting attempts to reach out to her.

We are not qualifiedbto diagnose, but these are cause for alarm. I do not think she needs to be committed, but whatever help she's getting needs to be turned up a notch. If she already had a therapist, it may be time to reevaluate their approach. The current one isn't working.
>>
Sounds likenbasic stream of conscious writing. Regardless of why she wrote it she probably needs a safe pers9n to talk to about her anxieties before they become too overwhelming. Get her a therapist to talk to.

A teen will have a lot of incoherent angsty shit going on and might not be able to articulate the real problem properly but point is she sounds like she is dealing with anxiety (and probably always was prone to higher anxiefy but it shows up more as a teen with hormones and crazy thoughts) so helping her get healthy ways to control her anxiety will help her feel more in control and stave off anxieties' best friend depression which usually goes hand in hand.

Begter now than leaving her to be a depressed and anxious adult with no proper coping mechanisms. Plus all kids are different. I internalized a lot and could never socialize properly and to this day have problems connecting to people.

So yeah, help her get a psychiatrist or therapist so she can build healthy coping meathods. And dont make a big deal out of this, question her a lot, yell, wave the thing in her face, etc. Just talk to her calmly and suggest that maybe she see someone. Most normal people dont have the coping mechanisms you can learn properly and self medicate with food/video games/sex/drugs/etc but it doesnt have to be that way.
>>
Sounds like typical dumb teen girl talk to me. She probably likes some kid
>>
>>16525466
It might be just something normal and nothing to worry about, but you or your mom should talk to her. It might be more serious and she might need to see a therapist. When I was a kid/early teen I had major anxiety issues, depression and even anger issues and I wrote stuff very similar to what your sister wrote. She needs to talk to someone, either just a family member or a professional, either way this shouldn't be ignored. I hope everything goes alright, good luck :)
>>
this is pretty normal. just be a good sibling and talk to her, let her know she has someone to talk to if she needs it.

as a kid i wrote two or three diaries worth of rage entries about being miserable and hating my mom- but i love her to bits and it was just me venting when i was mad. i've told her too, in case she ever finds them and freaks out (like you are)- don't worry anon.
>>
>>16525550
Please say you're never having kids.
>>
>>16525466
classic depression & anxiety. if she doesn't overcome these problems they will only get worse, leading to a personality disorder. she needs to do something that can make her feel useful. normal people work on healthy hobbies that give them a sense of pride and self-worth.
>>
Talk to her. It may be nothing- I wrote some pretty dramatic stuff during my teens and didn't really mean any of it- but she likely does feel shitty and it won't hurt to ask what's up. Be friendly, don't make her feel silly or small about it, and if she's embarrassed and trying to backpedal because she feels stupid, just kind of shrug it off- so what, you're having a rough time, you needed to vent like people do, there's worse things you can do than having a good rant and getting it out on paper. Maybe she's struggling enough that she could use a therapist, maybe she just needs some support from her family with whatever's getting her down, or maybe she's okay and just wanted to have a good rant.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.