[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do to get a better grade on my math accuplacer test?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sadpepe.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
What can I do to get a better grade on my math accuplacer test?
I fucked around in school so I barely know a lick of math.

I received a grade so low that I am forced to take 3 semesters worth of remedial classes. This will be a huge waste of time so I need to pass the accuplacer when I try again but where can I study to pass it?

Anyone have education advice?
>>
>>16524760

Study.
>>
Take a math-book................open it.........and learn it.
>>
>>16524775
This anon speaks the truth
>>
>>16524760
iktf

1. khanacademy. Start from the very beginning and listen to it all. This is THE most important part. Without a basis you can't build anything else properly.
2. dummies' math series. read it, and rewrite what you're reading in your own words. this will help a ton.
3. visualize as much as possible. thoughts happen in pictures and language only affects it. the easiest way to assimilate information is through complex visuals with short, to the point phrases/words.
4. continue taking math practice tests over what you've learned. good place to start are ACT practice questions. tons of them out there. (SAT is fine too but ACT is a bit more challenging and covers more subjects when it comes to math)
5. once you think you've aced it, review everything except the basics and take a few more practice tests
6. buy an openstax textbook for college mathematics. it's really, really cheap and 98% accurate. it's an ongoing project but currently it's fine to learn on.
>>
>>16524787
ALSO, learn all math concepts at a functional conceptual level. learn how these things work and why. learn why they're asking the question.

mathematics is a way to quantify the physical world/universe around us. it has a concrete function, and it goes completely beyond memorizing formulas.

I really improved my math scores this way. best o' luck.
>>
>>16524798
Shit nigger are you telling him to just learn real analysis? It cannot be done in that order. You have to learn applied math before you can learn why the theorems look like they do fundamentally.
>>
>>16524798
More things to add...

Learning happens best in an openly focused state. neural imaging shows that hyperfocus looks the same as confusion. it's okay to take breaks, and it's actually suggested by psychology.

youtube is a great resource for establishing a basis when you don't feel like reading. HOWEVER, the book will always provide more analytical material. don't end with YT, just start.
>>
>>16524807
No, not complex analysis, just... it's tough to explain. I suppose that was a fancy way of saying 'visualize it'
>>
Theres a dude on youtube called patrick jmt and he has so many videos on math. Went from a 50 in math 12 to an 86
>>
Does your school have a tutor center? If so, I would go down there and get help with all the things you don't understand.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.