[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my parents are potentially getting a divorce. To save many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1402321270237.jpg (159KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1402321270237.jpg
159KB, 746x982px
So my parents are potentially getting a divorce.

To save many paragraphs of explanation, my younger brother is going to cast the final stone on their marriage and he's aware of it, he just doesn't care because it get him something he wants, plus he doesn't like our mother very much and refuses to take no for an answer. Says "It's going to happen anyway" so he figures he might as well speed up the process

ANYWAY:
If they do get divorced, I don't want to have to choose who I live with. I'm 19, live at home, attend community college and I love both of my parents equally and while they both have their positive and negative quirks, I couldn't choose to pick one from the other. Even if I did just give a bullshit excuse like "I'd rather live with mom because I've always lived in this house", I still feel like it would destroy my dad, vice-versa for my mom. So my childish, moralfag brain tells me to choose neither, as it wouldn't be fair to one or the other, i.e. become homeless, essentially.

Don't get me wrong, I know this is beyond retarded and childish, I guess I just don't want the face reality. I know I'd be throwing away my future but I don't really feel like I have much of one anyway. I'm a pansy anyway and probably wont end up doing that but I still am going to have a hard time choosing.

I guess what I'm asking is, on what principles should I choose one from the other, as shallow as that sounds.
>>
File: A-28104-1187028173.jpeg.jpg (10KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
A-28104-1187028173.jpeg.jpg
10KB, 200x300px
Split your time equally.
>>
I say live with whoever is most convenient to live with. If one parent move to somewhere where it's easier to get to college, then move in with them, otherwise stay where you are. You shouldn't be seen as picking a side when you do this, and they should understand that
>>
>>16523981

>doesnt explain what the brother can possibly do to "throw the stone"

You're a fag OP.
>>
>>16523991
Maybe I'll explain tommorow, I'm tired as shit and I'm on my phone
>>
>>16523981
Stay where you are, just because an upheaval in your life would add to everyone's stress. But go out of your way to spend time and keep in touch with your father.
>>
OP, you're in college. Furthermore, you're in a community college, so unless I miss my mark, they don't have on-campus housing.

This more or less makes your choice for you. Unless both parents intend to stay within commuting distance of your school, you stick with whichever one stays. You aren't choosing a parent to live with; you're choosing to stay in school.

Sit down with your parents, figure out their post-divorce moving plans, go over how they interact with your education, and choose based on that. Any remotely reasonable person will understand the logistical concerns, and by going over it with both of them, you can make it clear that you refuse to choose between them: your choice is driven by your education.

Though I am forced to admit that I am morbidly curious. How the heck did your little brother wind up having a vote on whether or not they should divorce? Maybe I'm just missing some important information here -I probably am, actually- but from the information you've given us, this doesn't sound like a couple who should be divorcing. Not if they can't even make up their own minds on the subject.
>>
>>16523991
>>16524909
Guess it's story time

My dad barely lives at home, he only really comes home for the weekends when he isn't working. He spends most of his week out of town and lives in an apartment in the town where most of the business is done. My siblings and I are almost entirely sure that our mother is bi-polar with various other untreated mental ailments, a lot of those probably come from her previous marriage where her husband used to beat and control her. The way she got out of that marriage was rather clever but either way it was a traumatic experience for her. The marriage is rocky because my dad's hardly present and there were a couple of years where he would just come home, not say a word to anyone and would be grouchy the whole time he was at home. There was actually a summer after my junior year of high school where he practically refused to talk to me because I hadn't found a job yet. Him hardly being home gives my mom plenty of opportunity to shit talk on him to me and my brother behind his back. Long story short, they don't get along sometimes, but recently it's been pretty good.

My younger brother is highly ambitious and headstrong, he's convinced himself that he's the foremost expert on just about everything and while he IS quite knowledgeable on many topics, he's hardly an expert. On time he organized a plot to purchase a motorcycle of Craigslist (despite having a perfectly functioning sedan that our parents bought for him). So he buys the bike from the guy and he ends up signing the deeds and registration papers and whatnot in my dad's name because he can't legally purchase it as a minor. We get back, he tells them he bought a motorcycle, shit hits the fan for the whole fucking family. Dad technically owns the motorcycle so he never gets to ride it, I end up catching heat because I was there and didn't tell anyone and to quote my mother "You could've stopped this"

to be continued
>>
>>16524977
Anyway after the whole incident the family hates each other, mom partially blames dad for even moderately insinuating that he could buy a motorcycle. It was a rough month to say the least.

That was months ago, fast forward to now.

Younger brother wants to go on a school sponsored trip to Monterrey, Mexico. Mom immediately and staunchly tells him no, multiple times. Her concerns are the standard mommy concerns like kidnapping, being so far from home, little to know supervision, etc. But my brother, the stupid asshole he is, doesn't care and wants to go anyway, potentially with my dad's help. That's where this gets tricky. If he does end up going and my mom finds how he conspired against her with my dad I'm pretty sure it's going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. My brother even knows this when I brought it up to him and he essentially said that he didn't care if this ended their marriage because it isn't going to last anyway and went on to say how terrible my mother is and what she says behind mine and everyone's back in the family. He also just wants to live with my dad exclusively. When I told him that everyone else is content where their at he continued not to care, including my mention on how that would effect my life at home to which he said "Oh well you're going to be transferring to another university in less than a year right, just tough it out" which isn't true, I still have another year left to get an associates.

Long story short, brother's an asshole and doesn't care about our family's current state, regardless of how rickety it is
>>
>>16524977
>>16525005
Tell him not to one more time. If he still insists on doing it then beat the shit out of him.

Ez
>>
>>16525023
Yeah he's taller than I am and more muscular, I don't think I'd win

I do know where he stashes his weed though but I don't really know if I'd want to blackmail him like a bitch
>>
>>16525029
>Yeah he's taller than I am and more muscular, I don't think I'd win
It doesn't matter. Just punch him in the fucking face as hard as you can and keep hitting him.

Fuck him for trying to break up his own family.
>>
>>16525023
>>16525034
This honestly. Beat him up and assert your dominance over him. first strike advantage should help you out.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.