[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So here's the deal. I have a flight in 3 days that I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

So here's the deal. I have a flight in 3 days that I'm dreading. I have a history of generalized anxiety disorder, though I've learned to cope pretty well with it. But with recent world events, combined with the anxiety I get any time I'm looking forward to something (such as what I'm looking forward to on the other side of this flight), it's almost unbearable.
I just have a nagging feeling that something is going to go wrong, even though I've had that feeling before and had it proven to be a false alarm. So I'm trying to brush it off as just anxiety, which I logically know it is. But there is always that little voice in the back of my head saying "what if this time something bad actually happens?" I hope this post is coherent, it's late and I'm desperate for some sort of coping method to get through the next few days and get through the flight without being a wreck. Thanks.
>>
>>16519321
Oh lawdy mr skeltal, what are you doing?
>>
I find alcohol helps a lot with my social anxiety. They still have bars in airports, don't they?
>>
If I want to pay a premium
>>
I love airports and aircrafs, why the fuck wouldn't you admire such incredible machines?
anyway, I suppose this can help: the probability of dying in an aircraft is much lower than that of dying in a car accident
>>
>>16519402
Oh, I do admire them. I've flown many times before. I trust the plane almost completely. It's other people I don't trust. People seem to love fucking shit up.

Thank you, though. Those statistics are of some comfort.
>>
>>16519332

Goddamn it gramdpa
>>
>>16519377
Fair point. You could brown bag it after you park but ditch the bottle for sure.
>>
>>16519321

Drugs, man. Not necessarily hard drugs or anything, just some melatonin or whatever kind of sleep aid works for you. Snooze through the flight.
>>
>>16519494
Would this work even though I have to switch planes halfway through the trip? Surely nothing would put me asleep deep enough for me to not wake up during a plane landing?
>>
>>16519478
That was a consideration, actually.
>>
File: normandy.jpg (650KB, 3000x1833px) Image search: [Google]
normandy.jpg
650KB, 3000x1833px
>>16519321
man your coward ass up. guys younger than you were jumping out of planes and getting shot at knowing they would die in a few minutes in1944. you are a fucking disgrace with your "anxiety." fucking millenial pussies
>>
>>16519644
I apologize. I'm just a weak woman, what do I know about being a big strong man? Thanks for your helpful advice, I'll take it into consideration. :^)
>>
>>16519662
>giving birth
>strong women
>supergirl
>feminism
>women in ranger school
>girl power
>equality
where's all that shit??
>>
>>16519679
pfff yeah right. Don't give a shit about that. My only concern is with myself, and learning to deal with myself. I don't have to time to rally around stupid shit like that.

At this time, I just would really like to get through this week. I don't even care if something goes wrong on the return flight. I just want to get where I'm going to get some shit that needs doing done.
>>
>>16519695
i bet youd make a really good ex gf.
>>
>>16519698
Yeah, probably. I'll be a wreck, but hey, I won't be your problem anymore. :)
>>
>>16519321
Anxiety sufferer here

For me there is no way to convince myself that that tiny little "what if" is wrong.

Instead I embrace the "what if" and basically take it by the hand like a small child and say, "Hey I know you're scared, and I know what that feels like, and yeah, you might be right, but you might also be wrong, why don't we go and find out together, I'll be here with you no matter what and I won't leave you"

If I pretend I am bigger and in charge and more like a compassionate adult to all my little "what if" children there I find a sense of peace.

It helps that I'm also a mom and I have had little ones look up and cry at me saying they don't want to go to the dentist (hoo boy I understand that anxiety), don't want to go to school (got you there too), and so on.

Best wishes and I hope you have a wonderful time when you get where you're going.
>>
>>16519321
Go to a physiologist and tell them you're going on a flight and are afraid of having a panic attack. They will script you klonipin/Xanax (anti anxiety drugs). Fill your prescription, and be very careful to only take it when needed because benzos can be super addictive if you take them often. Good luck fuckboy
>>
>>16519621
Planes aren't buses. It won't just loop back to LAX of wherever without you knowing. You will notice when everyone collectively gets up, and someone nice (or a flight attendant) will undoubtedly wake you up when it's time to debark
>>
>>16519321
At any given moment there are about 500,000 people up in the air. Work out the odds.
>>
>>16519321
I find that sitting in the aisle is helpful. Maybe it's just me, but not being crammed against the window/between two people is much more relaxing. Also, try taking something that makes you drowsy (Dramamine works. It's an anti-motion sickness pill that makes you drowsy but doesnt necessarily knock you out). I wish you a very safe flight OP!
>>
>>16519321
If you fly on a decent airplane company, order a bunch of their alcohol onboard and get shitfaced to sleep.
Otherwise buy a bottle in duty-free.
>>
I find it helps to just accept what will happen will happen and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
I over-think and worry about shit too much. To calm myself down i just accept that my over-thinking and worrying will achieve nothing, i can come up with a million ways things can go wrong, are they likely? some maybe, some others not so likely. Either way I am getting on that plane and no matter how much i plan or think ahead i can't control what will or won't happen, I'l figure out how to handle the problem when it actually happens, and until then it is out of my hands and thinking about it is completely pointless.

I use to hate the idea of not thinking about shit that could go wrong, i'd feel un-prepared, until I realized the years i spent wasting time away worrying about shit literally was wasted as 90% of the time what i worried did not happen, and on the few occasions it did, it never went how i had expected and i had to improvise on the spot.

Its out of your hands OP, take the weight off your chest and deal with it when the time comes.
>>
>>16519695
> I don't even care if something goes wrong on the return flight.

Don't say that bby :(
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.