[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make it so my teeth don't end up like this? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 060921_meth_mouth_02.jpg (28KB, 575x455px) Image search: [Google]
060921_meth_mouth_02.jpg
28KB, 575x455px
How do I make it so my teeth don't end up like this? Is it really as simple as brush 2 to 3 times a day and floss?

I don't smoke. Don't drink alcohol. Don't drink soda anymore (if I do it's very rare). I brush after every time I eat, or otherwise 3 times a day, and floss leisurely. Sometimes I clean my tongue. Not all the time. Yet my teeth are clean but yellower than beeswax. Do I have anything to worry about?
>>
Considering that is the mouth of someone who has repeatedly taken meth, I think the biggest thing you can do is not take meth.
>>
you don't get blazing white teeth just by flossing and shit, but it also doesn't mean that your teeth are fucked, judging by your post I guess you are fine

if you want giga white teeth just go to the dentist and the doctor will clean you up
>>
File: 1421104875396.jpg (23KB, 234x286px) Image search: [Google]
1421104875396.jpg
23KB, 234x286px
>>16517843
I LAUGHED. Check. Don't do meth

>>16517851
not terribly worried about the color just as long as they're healthy
>>
>>16517836
Chill out dude, nobody has supreme white teeth just by brushing them 3 times a day though nobody get teeth like this either, it's normal.

But if you want to whiten your teeth, here is a video to help you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBfRLBuAyg4
>>
The biggest concern you should have on the hygiene front is to care for your gums. The teeth will follow. Step up the flossing and let a dental hygienist poke around once per year.

Regarding tooth color, some people have naturally yellow teeth. It's not necessarily an indication of plaque or disease. Ask your dentist for options.
>>
>>16517873
Yeah I guess I don't place as big importance on flossing as I do brushing. I will try to do this more

I would go to the dentist for a routine tooth cleaning but I recently got my wisdom teef out, and just giving my mouth time to recover before any dentist pokes around in there again.
>>
>>16517836

There is such a thing as over doing it. Brushed twice a day and floss but DO NOT brush immediately after eating or drinking, especially after drinking anything particularly acidic on the Ph scale.

That'll wear away at your enamel faster than any soda will because the food and drink will have softened the enamel up. Come in right behind it with a brush and you'll just be grating away at it. Brush after roughly 30 minutes or longer.

If your teeth are yellow, they are either just stained or the enamel has worn thin enough that you can make out the yellow colored "core" of the tooth. If they aren't sensitive and don't hurt, then you don't need to worry. Yet...
>>
>>16517879
The importance of cleaning is the removal of any plaque which has collected and hardened into calculus. A toothbrush is insufficient to dislodge any deposits which typically form at the gumline behind and/or between teeth. A dental hygienist will have both the tools and comfortable vantage point to easily knock them away and keep them from irritating or pushing back your gums.

If you want a decent stopgap until your mouth heals, try buying Plax (or the store's generic anti-plaque rinse, equally effective) and use it twice per day for a full 30-60 seconds. After a week or two, plaque and calculus will actually have softened enough to be vulnerable to brushing and flossing. By no means is it a replacement for a professional cleaning. It's just that brushing without it is totally ineffective against hardened plaque, so you might as well try something.
>>
Your teeth won't look like that unless youve never brushed your teeth and/or you use heroin
>>
>>16517904
>There is such a thing as over doing it
>make out the yellow colored "core" of the tooth
>If they aren't sensitive and don't hurt, then you don't need to worry

fuckk

Ok I'll try to floss more and wait a little after eating to brush
>>
Your oral microbial flora also impacts the rate of tooth decay. S. mutans has been associated with dental caries (cavities). I'm not sure how you can change this but I'm waiting for a spray that will inoculate your oral flora with good bacteria.

The best advice is just to brush and floss regularly. As long as you do it once or twice a day you should be fine. Also a huge help would be to go to regular hygienist cleanings at a dentist every 3-6 months as needed. They get into places that you can't with regular brushing.

>>16517860
Huge misconception, meth itself does nothing that really harms teeth.

Being on a meth binge and not brushing for a week, will harm your teeth. This is usually why meth heads have bad teeth.
>>
>>16517963
Anon that would be pretty cool, something to boost your mouth with good bacteria
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.