[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good way to make money in college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: reg.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
reg.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
What's a good way to make money in college?
>>
getting a part time job
>>
>>16517597
>getting a part time job

Not OP, but this is a waste of time. I had a part time job at Fred Meyer when I was in my freshman year. The amount of energy it takes to juggle college and a part time job, especially when assigned hours conflict with your already busy schedule, is exhausting. That being said, I don't have any advice for ya, OP.
>>
>>16517594

Easy, start selling weed.
>>
>>16517956
If you can't handle working a 10-15 hours on top of studying, then maybe you need to work on your time management.
>>
>>16517594
Sucking dick. Lots of horny college dudes looking to bust.
>>
Scholarships, apply to a bunch of them. Most students do not, and you can seriously pay your whole college degree with those. The less unfortunate you are; the better.
>>
>>16517997
>The less unfortunate you are; the better.
Don't you mean 'less fortunate'?
>>
I found tutoring to be a great job. Very flexible hours which you set for yourself and you're deriving a second level of value from all of the time you put into your past coursework. Not only did it earn you a good grade, but it qualified you to make money off the back of it. Double dipping is always good.
>>
>>16518020
Plus you get to talk shit about all the people you're helping and how stupid they are :^)
>>
>>16517972
What about water bottles of cheap liquor to underage booze hounds?
>>
>>16517594
Are you looking for a larger income or just a little money for the side?

Personally, I work 15 hour weeks as an instructional aide at a public school.

>well above minimum wage
>summer's off
>only 3 hours a day
>paid holidays
>paid winter break

It's really not bad considering I'm still in school. I guess you'd have to not mind working with kids though.
>>
>>16518054
I only did that with the ones who would cancel sessions, bomb exams and then come back thinking I could somehow work a miracle before the final.

I'm reminded of a former professor who used to place a stack of course withdrawal slips next to the graded exams arrayed at the front of the room. I saw several students avail themselves over the semester.
>>
>>16518067
Bullshit. I worked in the math department of my college as a front desk person. Every fucking day the math tutors would hang out before study hall and talk shit about the students they were helping. "Haha this dumb bitch won't just could not understand double integrations no matter how simply I explained it. How does one get that retarded?". Shit like that. Because of them I refused to get tutors because I would not allow myself to be the butt of some chucklefucks joke.
>>
>>16518091
>Bullshit
I said I only did that with certain people. I wasn't talking about any other tutors. Are you calling bullshit on something I'm telling you about myself?
>>
>>16517594
Find a decent part time job with flexible hours. Hopefully with a decent pay. I worked throughout college juggling a full course load while working in a liquor store 20-30 hours a week for $14 an hour. It will also make you appreciate your schooling more knowing you might be stuck there for the rest of your life if you don't succeed and do your best in school.
>>
>>16518095
Actually, yes. Almost like you'd gloss over shit like that so you could make yourself look good :^)
>>
>>16518000
Yes, yes. English is not my first language – and thus I am horrible at it.
>>
>>16518091

Same here, I failed calc 2 twice and fucked up my gpa before passing with a C due to being mocked at the tutor center.

It is pretty enraging when I think about; not the kids at the center, but that I allowed myself to be treated like that back then.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.