[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear fellow ladies, at what age did you get your first period?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
Dear fellow ladies, at what age did you get your first period? I'm just curious and doing research. I was 10.
>>
>>16516995
13 or 14 ish. It wasn't memorable enough to remember my age.
>>
>>16516995
5th grade. 10 or 11ish.
>>
>>16516995
>>
Summer of 7th grade. Maybe barely 13?
>>
8th Grade. maybe 15 ?
>>
>>
9, 4th grade
>>
>>16516995
I was 11, in 6th grade
>>
>>16516995
>>
>>
>>
I was 11, in 5th grade.
>>
2weeks after i turned 12
>>
Does being a fetus count?
>>
>>16516995
Historically it has been getting younger. In the 1950s the average was 13ish. Now, as you see, it is more like 11.
>>
>>16516995
I think I was 11. My mom remembers it better than me, she said I was weepy and irritated all day for no reason. She realized even sooner than me.
>>
>>16516995
50 days after summer
>>
>>
I was nearly 14. Got it two months before my birthday. I remember because the doctor was starting to become concerned, most girls in my area got it from ages 10-12. Some were getting it as young as 8 or 9.
>>
File: renchon.gif (2MB, 422x409px) Image search: [Google]
renchon.gif
2MB, 422x409px
14 and a half.

I wonder if I'll be fertile longer because it was so late for me.
>>

I remember it very well. I remember seeing the blood in my undies thinking "guess I'm a woman now".
>>
>>16516995
>>
6th grade, age 12
I wish my titties started growing then too but I ended up tiny unfortunately
>>
I remember it well. I was π.
>>
>>16518552
shouldn't matter that much
consider factors like lifestyle and genetic predisposition
>>
Almost 14 (1984 so yeah I'm Gen X we got them later)
>>
I'm pretty sure it was around 5th grade. Funny you bring this up, my period was pretty late this month. I just got it yesterday. I love getting my period but I hate the cramps.
>>
How long do your periods last? Mine only lasts for at least 3 days, give or take.
>>
14 in 2008.
>>
>>16518822
for me the official bleeding lasts about 7 days, and all sorts of symptoms last for about 2 weeks
>>
>>16518822
I envy you so much. Mine last 6 days, and they're very heavy.
>>
>>16518822
Yeah same. Maybe 4.
>>
>>16518822
4 days at least, started around age 10/11 i think
>>
>>16518822
I used to have heavy as fuck bleeding for 7+ days, but after getting on the pill it lasts like 4 days with spotting for another 2
>>
File: I hate.jpg (174KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
I hate.jpg
174KB, 467x700px
>>16516995
I wish I could remember better. I want to say... 14?

I remember it was traumatic.

I hated it so much. I took 100 showers a day. It RAN UP MY BACK during the night. I remember asking my mother for a hysterectomy because I'd decided long ago I didn't want to have kids and wanted to adopt. No reason for this horror. Sitting in my filth all day. THEN my mom decided to introduce me to tampons. I was so mad she didn't give them to me day one.

Still hate it. Still want that hysterectomy. I just needed to share that unnecessary info.
>>
>>16518822
3-4 days
>>
>>16516995
12. I'm 28 and I still curse that day, because painful periods are hell.
>>
>>16518822
you damn lucky cuntttttttt.

Does it seem bizarre to anyone else that people take that shit in stride? Act like it's no big?

It's a gross an annoying inconvenience one week out of every month of your life. And there's little you can do to prevent it. It makes me mad it exists!! Conversely, it doesn't effect my mood. I think I read somewhere it's only about 10% that have legitimate mood swings from it.
>>
>>
GROSS
>>
I just turned 13 when I got mine
>>
>>16518741
You're not gen x, you're a millennial senpai
>>
Random interjection, but I think I've crafted a statement that is guaranteed to piss absolutely any girl off. You have to be a dude. You just say this:

"I don't think periods can possibly be that bad. I think girls just like having something to complain about."

Nowadays when I say that I literally preface it with, "okay, let's be clear, I don't actually think this. It's just like a thought experiment to come up with the most inflammatory sentence possible." Most of the time I STILL get death glares and a 5 minute rant about cramps.
>>
16 almost 17. I was very small and thin for my age
>>
8 or 9

I remember it was before anyone had brought up periods with me, so I had no idea what was going on. I remember cramping really badly and asking to go to the bathroom (I think I was in science class). In the bathroom I realized there was blood EVERYWHERE and I freaked and ran screaming to the school nurse. I think it took her a solid ten minutes to convince me I wasn't dying.
>>
>>16516995
I don't quite remember but I think I was 13-14, had been expecting it for some years so wasn't surprised and it wasn't memorable
>>
Thirteen

I had a pad from health class in school where they gave all the girls an emergency starter kit. I just went to the bathroom and sat down and glanced at my underwear and went, "Huh, is that blood?" The pain was pretty debilitating until I got on birth control and even now it feels like organs are being displaced at times. I used to throw up on occasion.
>>

>>16518822
7 days. The terrible cramps last for the first 2.
>>
>>16516995
Same, 10.

The bloods are pretty thick and brown-ish that I first thought I got uncontrollable diarrhea or peeing anomaly lol.
>>
>>16518822
For me, I bleed a lot maybe 2 days and after that there's just some trickling, enough to get by with some toilet paper in the undies. I have very easy periods, I understand. I've been talking with some friends and they all describe these horrible cramps and aches and pains I've never had to deal with, I'm just very moody and it pinches a day before the period starts, and then on the first day there's some soreness and aching and low feels and blood but I get over that with a couple of painkillers.

I wonder if it means I'll have a hard time getting pregnant. Oh well
>>
>>16516995
11 ½.
>>
>>16520150
This! My blood is always brown at the very beginning and very end, so when I first got my period I thought I'd somehow shit myself.
>>
>>16518822
7 days. Exactly.
If you use tampons, your period often is shorter.
It's not worth it IMO because they're so bad for you.
>>
>>16519376
Well it's a bit like saying "I've personally never had cancer, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist and some people just want to complain and get time off from work". You just come across as an unsensitive retard with zero empathy
>>
>>16520157
>tampons affect the length of the period
>tampons are "so" bad for you

Please don't spout superstitious hearsay as facts thanks
>>
>>16516995
Proof there is no God. If an "Intelligence" had designed the female body, it wouldn't have made us ready for pregnancy every month, only to have to junk the preparations and start all over next month.

An intelligent design would have the moment of impregnation release a hormone that quickly got the womb ready, with nothing happening when there was no conception.
>>
>>16516995
13 1/2. I remember it well. Terribly embarrassing and I had to walk around with a giant pad in my pants and I felt like everybody could see it.
>>
>>16520199
Or, god did it on purpose to say "hurry up and get pregnant if you don't want to feel like shit"
>>
>>16520199
It's also to clean the vagina and get rid of dead skin in the canal though.
>>
>>16518831
11, Went poop and there was blood and I freaked cause I thought there was blood IN my poop.

Never really got a talk on what it was, was just told how to take care of it. Had to basically figure out the rest on my own.

They typically last 8days with the blood being pretty heavy the first 5-6 days but not usually too much cramping. I get the mood swings and heavy fatigue every other period or so.
>>
>>16517275
>>16517327
>>16520121
Americains amirite?
>>
>>16520151
>>16520132
And northern yuropoor if it's relevant
>>
I was 10 yrs when I first got my period. I remember rough housing with my little brother in the basement and playing some dragon game with balloon swords.
My pants fell down a little, somehow, and my brother started to make fun of me for pooping my pants.
I was dumbfounded because I clearly wasn't pooping at all. I looked down and saw brownish colored blood. I thought "Omg...this must be 'THE Period!' "
So I ran upstairs all excited and told my mother. Then she gave me "the talk" and when my father returned home from work i said "Guess what papa I am a woman now!"

...21 yrs old now and I hate my period, it sucks. It usually lasts 4-5 days. I am a heavy bleeder and need thick jumbo pads. I can't use tampons because its really difficult to put one in.
I remember wanting to try one in high school though.
I bought the smallest, thinnest one to test everything out. It was really difficult and painful to insert. Took me a good 15 min to finally get it in there. I am already in pain when I have my period, tampons just made me feel worse and was messier.

Periods are the worst
>>
>period general

I got my first period when I was 13 or 14. It was a bit later than all my classmates, so at least I was prepared.
I used to get only the bleeding for a few days, nothing else.
Then I started taking the pills when I was 22 or so, and they messed up my system totally. Ever since I get the actual PMS and cramps and all.
PMS is the worst, whatever I say then doesn't make sense.
>>
>>16520320
>virgin detected
jk.
for me it was so painful to insert my first tampon... it turned out the tampon basically took my virginity lol
so it was only painful the first time around.
>>
>>16520211
lol that's what i took away as well
>>
I was 11.
It was all good until i got to 13, then alllll hell broke lose.
Hospital stays.
Now i dont even get it twice a year.
Should be more concerned that i dont bleed, but who really enjoys period time? Nobody
>>
8 years old in the middle of class. Everyone thought I was dying. I thought I was dying. It was horrifying.
I was at a catholic primary school so....yeah we didn't get told any of this stuff.
>>

I have a Mirena so now I never menstruate, best decision I ever made.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.